• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2018

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a new QB, who is an obvious leader, show up unless absolutely necessary? Why would a man who just signed a lucrative deal, by far the highest on the team, show up and try to make his team better?
i could be a jerk and point out that the previous QB did show up to all the OTA work but alas he is held to a different standard then the other one based on what i dont know .

somehow that would be hating on the new QB by expecting he might show up with his teammates

now i will grant you that the conditioning part isnt a big deal in the grand scheme of things and i am sure there is more opportunity to build chemistry and lead , but if said certain qb had done this then i bet we would see a litany of negative threads and post decrying that fact

and this is where the unfairness would present itself

now when smith has a bad practice during OTAs or TC i wonder if the anti KC crowd will dish out the same amount of vile crap given to CDC's predecessor

i bet not and in fact they will say the same "right thing " i said back then , Its practice , that is where you learn and improve . however in the light of being fair i will be compelled to over think every throw , practice or play CDC makes , because we all want fair analysis now dont we ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could be a jerk and point out that the previous QB did show up to all the OTA work but alas he is held to a different standard then the other one based on what i dont know .

somehow that would be hating on the new QB by expecting he might show up with his teammates

now i will grant you that the conditioning part isnt a big deal in the grand scheme of things and i am sure there is more opportunity to build chemistry and lead , but if said certain qb had done this then i bet we would see a litany of negative threads and post decrying that fact

and this is where the unfairness would present itself

now when smith has a bad practice during OTAs or TC i wonder if the anti KC crowd will dish out the same amount of vile crap given to CDC's predecessor

i bet not and in fact they will say the same "right thing " i said back then , Its practice , that is where you learn and improve . however in the light of being fair i will be compelled to over think every throw , practice or play CDC makes , because we all want fair analysis now dont we ?

But we are better than that...bringing up that stuff.

I would expect a man that will be an expected leader after getting a major payday show up and lead the young guys INT particular.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was there with the rookies lol it said smith first time with redskins at ota I seen the pictures

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 10 upload_2018-5-17_21-11-44.jpeg
Looks like a number 11 in these pics. Saw him in day 8 as well. That’s the only two days I’ve seen of any players

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my apologies to CDC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are a contractor trying to get hired on, you make a point of letting the boss know you are in the office every day.

When you get signed long term, you dont need to show face to keep your place.

It shouldn't be that way and it isn't with everyone but some get paid and do things differently.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-5-18_19-58-44.jpeg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the OTA thread will be merged with the TC thread once OTAS are over

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are some young guys to watch

Allen and payne , i lumped them together because in reality allen only played a handful of games . these 2 guys along with ionman give us a strong young base to build a good d/line . add lanier in , who could make another jump and e should have a good rotation going . Rookie Settle is another guy to watch . the issue with him is weight and conditioning . these 5 d/lineman bare watching

Of the ILBs, josh harvet clemons is the guy to watch . he is good in coverage but had a bit of a learning curve learning the position . he is what we have on the roster to fill a Sewer cravens role

at OLB it has to be anderson , he got little playing time , but was good at setting an edge , this will be his year to shine . smith being resigned is up in the air . anderson will have to show he can hold the position effectively if smith leaves or we decide he isnt worth the new contract . smith is also a young guy who has to flash consistency

safety nicholson has to show he is a starting caliber FS . he has range and some tools but he has to stay healthy . i am not sure he was ever really recovered from the shoulder injury he had in College . Apke has great speed but as was the case with nicholson his coverage skills were lacking . i see apke as a ST guy for now . blanding smithson are 2 guys who could be PS guys if they can show they can cover and tackle

CB hosley should make a good jump for 2 reasons , 1 he isnt injured just like fuller was and he has had an offseason to know the defense . FM is a guy who could make a jump for the same 2 reason , health and an off season of knowledge . stroman is a guy who may take some time to develop but if he can help with returning punts it could be a big help

on offense i think seeing what hogan can do will be of great importance . he should be more advanced then suds and needs to push colt of the roster or else he should simply be cut

at RB perine will be interesting to see. he had issues year one but a jump this off season could secure him a spot on the team . i think he will be improved . guice should be the main guy . i dont see a role for kelley . long shot kieth marshal could have a role but i think being hurt last season hurt his chances . i dont see bibbs or the other marshal making it unless there is an injury

wr davis is the guy i think can earn some of grants snaps , harris can too and old trey quin could as well . we should tap the breaks on quin a bit , but if we can develop him he could be an asset . he can return punts some too

TE sprinkle , if this guy can put it together with blocker and receiving then one of our TE 's reed , davis or both could be gone next season with a need to draft a TE becoming prominent . its all about the cap and what reed gives us health wise . davis will decline soon so sprinkle can earn a spot if he develops

o/line roullier showed promise but i am not sure what he is yet , hype , or a decent , competent center . casey dunn and rhaney will get the shot as BU's

catalina and kalis are 2 OGs who could be in the mix at LG and my option TJ clemmings at OG could be of use . i think clemmings skill set could fit in better at OG

young geron christian will make the squad and we will see alot of him in preseason but most likely he will me inactive on game day . this is a red shirt year for him because they trust TY as the swing

these guys are the ones i will be looking at during the off season and preseason games and TC

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are some young guys to watch

Allen and payne , i lumped them together because in reality allen only played a handful of games . these 2 guys along with ionman give us a strong young base to build a good d/line . add lanier in , who could make another jump and e should have a good rotation going . Rookie Settle is another guy to watch . the issue with him is weight and conditioning . these 5 d/lineman bare watching
I believe this unit has become our strongest on the defensive side of the ball. It has been a long, long time since we could say that.

Of the ILBs, josh harvet clemons is the guy to watch . he is good in coverage but had a bit of a learning curve learning the position . he is what we have on the roster to fill a Sewer cravens role
This very well may be our weakest link on the team since Foster is border line starter material and only Hamilton was drafted there. I still believe JHC is a true safety and too thin to play nickel backer.

at OLB it has to be anderson , he got little playing time , but was good at setting an edge , this will be his year to shine . smith being resigned is up in the air . anderson will have to show he can hold the position effectively if smith leaves or we decide he isnt worth the new contract . smith is also a young guy who has to flash consistency
Having added McPhee in FA and Anderson last year, you would think this position is set however, an injury to Smith or Kerrigan and this position quickly becomes a liability.

safety nicholson has to show he is a starting caliber FS . he has range and some tools but he has to stay healthy . i am not sure he was ever really recovered from the shoulder injury he had in College . Apke has great speed but as was the case with nicholson his coverage skills were lacking . i see apke as a ST guy for now . blanding smithson are 2 guys who could be PS guys if they can show they can cover and tackle
Nicholson is a budding player with star potential. Adding Apke and Blanding was huge. This should be the last year in DC for Swearinger.

CB hosley should make a good jump for 2 reasons , 1 he isnt injured just like fuller was and he has had an offseason to know the defense . FM is a guy who could make a jump for the same 2 reason , health and an off season of knowledge . stroman is a guy who may take some time to develop but if he can help with returning punts it could be a big help
Looking for FM to take the #2 corner spot over Dunbar. Scandrick likely keeps Hosley off the field for another season unless he gets hurt or we are 3-8, then its time to let the young guys play. Really like the Stroman pick. Fuller wasn't replaced so I think we take some hits there all season but with a year of grooming and another draft, this unit will be worth watching.

on offense i think seeing what hogan can do will be of great importance . he should be more advanced then suds and needs to push colt of the roster or else he should simply be cut
I have no idea what Hogan is capable of but apparently the Browns didn't see any upside. I believe we could use an upgrade at backup QB.

at RB perine will be interesting to see. he had issues year one but a jump this off season could secure him a spot on the team . i think he will be improved . guice should be the main guy . i dont see a role for kelley . long shot kieth marshal could have a role but i think being hurt last season hurt his chances . i dont see bibbs or the other marshal making it unless there is an injury
Looks like Guice, Perine, Thompson and a dog fight for RB #4. Don't count out M. Carter who could develop on the practice squad as a Thompson clone. Carter should get an opportunity to return kicks to see if he can help there.

wr davis is the guy i think can earn some of grants snaps , harris can too and old trey quin could as well . we should tap the breaks on quin a bit , but if we can develop him he could be an asset . he can return punts some too
I'm pumping the gas peddle on Quinn. Thinking he takes a few reps this season from Crowder in the slot. Davis should replace Grants reps but there are some intriguing guys at the position with size worth watching in preseason.

TE sprinkle , if this guy can put it together with blocker and receiving then one of our TE 's reed , davis or both could be gone next season with a need to draft a TE becoming prominent . its all about the cap and what reed gives us health wise . davis will decline soon so sprinkle can earn a spot if he develops
Not high on Sprinkle really at all. The kid from Pitt seems to be more of a pass catcher than inline blocker so Sprinkle is likely safe this year but with Reeds health concerns and Davis' age, this group needs an upgrade next year.

o/line roullier showed promise but i am not sure what he is yet , hype , or a decent , competent center . casey dunn and rhaney will get the shot as BU's

catalina and kalis are 2 OGs who could be in the mix at LG and my option TJ clemmings at OG could be of use . i think clemmings skill set could fit in better at OG

young geron christian will make the squad and we will see alot of him in preseason but most likely he will me inactive on game day . this is a red shirt year for him because they trust TY as the swing
For a rookier, Roullier played very well all things considered. Nyseke will be given first opportunity at LG but I expect Lavau to win the job outright leaving Nyseke as our swing tackle. As you mention, right now Christian is a developmental player with upside.

these guys are the ones i will be looking at during the off season and preseason games and TC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the coverage of the OTAS has been really crappy . just mostly pictures that really dont show anything but puff piece type photos .

no real progress reports or anything . we are in the 7-7 drill type phase . i thought we would hear more about how a "hogan " is doing or a "payne " .

just sucks because we are stuck with nothing new to talk about

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe later today did the media get blocked out

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith just hit a bomb to Paul Richardson. Good coverage from Greg Stroman but the ball was perfect and Richardson went up and got it.