• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2017

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins dad i bashed this pick and all he has done is kicked ass in ota and today lol

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corner Bashaud Breeland is learning what it's like to cover a big receiver. On a couple routes, Breeland had solid coverage vs. Terrelle Pryor yet gave up the catch. Pryor's size and wide catch radius enables him to be open even vs. tight coverage.
And Breeland's not a small CB. Pryor's just a size/speed freekazoid with something to prove.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holding off as the Redskins get underway here. Follow along as I live blog from the sideline. Come back and refresh often.

—A lot of special teams work in the early going. Seventh-round pick Josh Harvey-Clemons is doing a lot and paying attention. He’s a long shot to make the 53 in 2017 but he knows that his future chances hinge on special teams contributions.

—Matt Jones is participating in punt protection drills. That should not be news but I noted when he wasn’t participating in special teams in minicamp so I should note it now when he is.

—Jamison Crowder was split out wide on one offensive snap but he came in motion and was closer to the normal slot position by the time the ball was snapped. It will be interesting to see how many snaps he takes from a true outside position.

—If Nate Sudfeld could get rid of the extra stutter step he frequently takes before delivering some of his passes he might be able to develop. But until he gets rid of that is will be difficult for him to go anywhere.

—Pryor dropped a deep pass in the end zone in a drill without defenders. That’s a matter of focus as much of anything else.

—And new TE E.J. Bibbs just dropped a short one over the middle. It’s not that hot.

—Rob Kelley made a nice, one-handed catch near the sideline with a defender right on him. If he improves pass catching he will become a complete back.

—Matt Hazel made a move at the line and left Josh Norman in the dust on a deep pass that the receiver.

—Now we’re seeing the Pryor we’re supposed to see. He ran an in pattern against Bashaud Breeland and used his size to shield the defender and his catch radius to go up and get the ball.

—Now Zach Pascal gets open deep, leaving Kendall Fuller far behind. He holds on to the pass for the deep completion.

—Matt Ioannidis, Phil Taylor, and A.J. Francis are left to right on the D-line on the first snap of 11 on 11.

—Just before Kirk Cousins took a snap, D.J. Swearinger bolted up to the line and blitzed. The run play went the other way and Swearinger chased it all the way across the field.

—For the second day in a row, a high, wobbly Nate Sudfeld pass into a group of defenders got picked off. Today’s lucky recipient of the gift pick was rookie Josh Holsey.

—A pass went right through Matt Jones’ hands. Ouch.

—Josh Doctson almost made a nice diving catch of a pass that Kirk Cousins threw on the move but it took a bounce off the ground while he was trying to gather it in. Good effort.

—Still no pads today. We won’t see that until Monday. Still more contact than at minicamp.

—Chris Thompson flashed through an opening off the left side. I think they would like him to run more often but they want to make sure he stays on the field.

—Niles Paul jumped in front of D.j. Swearinger to make a catch over the middle. Good play but I think that Swearinger would have tried to separate them from the ball if this was a live drill.

—Josh Holsey made a diving pick of a Colt McCoy pass. It was not clear who was supposed to catch the pass.

—Ryan Grant split Fish Smithson and Deshazor Everett and caught Sudfeild’s on-the-money pass for a long gain.

—When there is a snap snafu where the referee would announce, “False start on everyone but the center” it is usually the center’s fault. It looked like Spencer Long botched the snap count.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that a boy on the money any sprinkle news

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats 3 interception in 2 days for suds by a steal cb in holsey and good corner fuller im not worried looks like are cbs are good
Love to hear we have improved depth at CB - ya can't have too many good CB's. Louis Dunbar's gonna have to play real well to make the team. I think the odds are against him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sprinkle made some good catches today , much more adept at catching then previously thought

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to hear we have improved depth at CB - ya can't have too many good CB's. Louis Dunbar's gonna have to play real well to make the team. I think the odds are against him.
we have not even seen cb fabian yet

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have not even seen cb fabian yet
Right - Dunbar's got no chance. Seriously, Fabian might be the most physically talented CB on the roster. He's a big guy at 205 lbs, ran a 4.38 at the combine, did real well in the vertical jump and the long jump. The only thing is - he had only 1 int. But some analysts think he can be really good. He'll definitely make the team.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of 'Josh's' going on...