• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013 Thread

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 6 foot 3 is big monta must be big

1) Monta is a slashing 2 that was playing with Curry, Bazemore would be relieving him in minutes
2) Bazemore is long and athletic. Monta was quick and could slice and dice.
3) Bazemore can play defense and would most likely play that as his primary role
4) Nobody is expecting Bazemore to be a starter or even compare to Monta.

He has a place on this team, but if someone could bring in a guy who fits better at a similar price, then you do it. You can trade upside for immediate impact, because Nedovic looks like he has upside.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I have been disappointed with Bazemores development too. His defense is worth a roster spot by itself, but I thought he would have developed more with his shooting and floor vision.
I think we should at least see how he looks for the rest of the preseason before we think about getting rid of him though.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I have been disappointed with Bazemores development too. His defense is worth a roster spot by itself, but I thought he would have developed more with his shooting and floor vision.
I think we should at least see how he looks for the rest of the preseason before we think about getting rid of him though.

Lots can change from now until the end of the year, but the guy was ranked #499 out of #500 last year heading into the season?

Not going to pile on anymore, but dayuuum.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I am really hating this preseason schedule.:bullshit:

The offseason seemed like the longest ever and this preseason schedule is incredibly making it seem even worse.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not usually one to say "I told you so".....

But looking at post #16 in this thread, I have to say "I kinda told you so".....

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's a shame the Warriors went and got Douglas, instead of Collison, who was available and ended up costing about the same. I don't think Douglas is awful and defense should always be valued, but it's clear that this bench unit really struggles to score and I think Collison would have helped there more than Douglas. And he's a better PG, right now it looks like street ball when the second unit is in, there seems to be no offensive plan or discipline. Having Barnes or Thompson available will help with the bench scoring, but I'm not sure it'll be enough.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's a shame the Warriors went and got Douglas, instead of Collison, who was available and ended up costing about the same. I don't think Douglas is awful and defense should always be valued, but it's clear that this bench unit really struggles to score and I think Collison would have helped there more than Douglas. And he's a better PG, right now it looks like street ball when the second unit is in, there seems to be no offensive plan or discipline. Having Barnes or Thompson available will help with the bench scoring, but I'm not sure it'll be enough.

Probably all a matter of timing, I don't think the Dubs really thought they could land Andre I.

Forget the D12 trade, Dubs finding a way to dump La Tax/RJ/Rush for an Olympian has to be the deal of the summer.

What's more likely to happen, Utah winning 25 games his year, or the Jaacksonville Jaguars winning 4?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably all a matter of timing, I don't think the Dubs really thought they could land Andre I.

Forget the D12 trade, Dubs finding a way to dump La Tax/RJ/Rush for an Olympian has to be the deal of the summer.

What's more likely to happen, Utah winning 25 games his year, or the Jaacksonville Jaguars winning 4?

Utah winning 25 is way more likely. Jacksonville may not win 4, cumulatively, until the 2015-16 season.

Utah actually has a promising group of starters. Their bench is beyond ridiculously horrible, though. Even Philadelphia may have a better bench. I mean, they're talking about needing to have both Jefferson and Biedrins make big contributions off the bench - think about it......

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah winning 25 is way more likely. Jacksonville may not win 4, cumulatively, until the 2015-16 season.

Utah actually has a promising group of starters. Their bench is beyond ridiculously horrible, though. Even Philadelphia may have a better bench. I mean, they're talking about needing to have both Jefferson and Biedrins make big contributions off the bench - think about it......

Trey Burks got inured? All Utah really has right now is Bowlcut guy, and Favors. In the west where they predict the Dubs to win 50+, I could see the over/under for UTA at 23 possibly. I know they just resigned Tinsley today.