• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade up in draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are rumored to be eyeing two guys that if they fall a little they will move up to get them...CJ Mosley is one and Calvin Pryor is another. Obviously the draft process has a long way to go but nice to see two of my favorite players in the draft catching the eye of the broncos. FA should tell us a lot though of what the broncos plans are in the draft.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even going to speculate. Somehow Elway works magic in FA and does questionable things come draft time. He might be harder to predict than Shanny.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elway goes into the draft process finding guys who remind him of old teammates or past players he highly respected. With Von he kept mentioning he saw Derek Thomas in the way he played. With Williams last year he saw Trevor pryce. With ball he saw Davis. There is something about these players that remind him of guys. Some have panned out well like miller, ball, Moore, Franklin, Jackson, trev, Harris, and Williams. Others and even some of those I listed they are still giving time to develop. Elway has definitely miss on some guys but he has given us 8-10 starters from the past 3 drafts and some guys with great potential like Wolfe when healthy, smith, Webster, maybe oz, and even some undrafted guys.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be really tough to move up high enough to get Mosley.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even going to speculate. Somehow Elway works magic in FA and does questionable things come draft time. He might be harder to predict than Shanny.

I'd say so far Elway has had some pretty good drafts...... don't see much of the "questionable things" that you seem to be.:noidea:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Oz and Hilman in the second, much higher than any predicted does not stike you as questionable? Webster in the third, again higher than expected. Until these guys pan out they are questionable moves to me. You could even argue taking Ball over Lacey.

Don't get defensive about it. Every team makes questionable moves. And questionable does not mean wrong.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I`ve been hearing about this yrs draft class ( best in 10 yrs 1-7 th rds) and the fact that you never no how your top pks will pan out, I`d stay pat if I was Elway, do your dilegent homework on these guys, and draft best available " need" for team. Now say if some team wants to move back into 1st rd and Denver can get an extra 2nd and say 6th rd pk, that would be a great scenario if this draft has the talent and depth they say it has. To give up even one pk in this draft, might not be the right move. IMO of course

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Oz and Hilman in the second, much higher than any predicted does not stike you as questionable? Webster in the third, again higher than expected. Until these guys pan out they are questionable moves to me. You could even argue taking Ball over Lacey.

Don't get defensive about it. Every team makes questionable moves. And questionable does not mean wrong.

Now, you see, I don't really pay attention to pre-draft projections. The bulk of them are simply darts at a dartboard in my opinion. I do remember reading that according to actual NFL team scout sources, Osweiler wasn't going to last much longer on the draft board than where we took him. And I don't know where you got your draft information, but we took Hillman early in the 3rd round, which when you consider even the media types graded him a round 3-4 prospect isn't bad.

And no, I'm not going to argue Lacy over Ball. Montee Ball looks to have a strong future for the Broncos. Just a case of the "Grass is greener syndrome". Ball and Lacy also graded close by the media types.

So, I really fail to see it. And as I said earlier, pre-draft projections aren't really worth the internet space they take up 95% of the time. I just don't pay attention to them. I'd rather judge a draft on how effectively those players perform for the Broncos, and so far I see only a few that definitely missed. Since the perfect draft doesn't exist, I'll take it.