• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Targets

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are contending in July, we will certainly be buyers. Primarily, I think, for SPs. So this is a two-part question...

1) Who should we target?

2) Who will likely be a part of the package going out?

Typically, in order to get a big arm, we would need to give up something that we do not want to give up. If we want Cueto or Price, we will have to cry a bit in the process. I think Susac, Beede, Williamson, Parker, Otero, Hall, Law, Crick (does he still have trade value?), Duffy, and Arroyo would all be on the table. I think the top valued guys we have are Susac, Arroyo, Beede, and Duffy, and I am not sure any potential package there is enough for a guy like Cueto or Price.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pablo Sandoval

:lol:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are contending in July, we will certainly be buyers. Primarily, I think, for SPs. So this is a two-part question...

1) Who should we target?

2) Who will likely be a part of the package going out?

Typically, in order to get a big arm, we would need to give up something that we do not want to give up. If we want Cueto or Price, we will have to cry a bit in the process. I think Susac, Beede, Williamson, Parker, Otero, Hall, Law, Crick (does he still have trade value?), Duffy, and Arroyo would all be on the table. I think the top valued guys we have are Susac, Arroyo, Beede, and Duffy, and I am not sure any potential package there is enough for a guy like Cueto or Price.

I will find you and I will hurt you.....:nod:

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking by July Duffy will be the regular third baseman and Susac will be the regular catcher when Posey moves to first.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking by July Duffy will be the regular third baseman and Susac will be the regular catcher when Posey moves to first.

And take Belt out of the lineup? Not gonna happen. Belt is one of our three best hitters, he's just off to a bad start.

Remember the bad start Pence and our old 3B got off to last year?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And take Belt out of the lineup? Not gonna happen. Belt is one of our three best hitters, he's just off to a bad start.

Remember the bad start Pence and our old 3B got off to last year?
:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole New York Mets thing is potentially getting bigger.

Not only are the Giants looking at Murphy, They are looking at Gee as well.

Susac for Gee and Murphy? Do the Mets need someone with the stature of Susac?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mets C situation...tough to build a trade around. Travis d'Arnaud who is their C of present and future, doing well. But he is out for all of May

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets C situation...tough to build a trade around. Travis d'Arnaud who is their C of present and future, doing well. But he is out for all of May
d'Arnaud is solid. That's why I see more potential around keeping the deal small and focusing on Sanchez.

However, the Texas catching situation is a cluster. Sending Susac there as the centerpiece of a Beltre deal makes more sense to me.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will cut you....

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, tzill, I don't want to trade Susac, but ....

On the one hand, he's young, hits well, hits with some power, and is 'captive' for a minimum of 5 more years {including 2015} and maybe 6, depending on how much time he spends in the minors in the next coupla years. On the other hand, *because* of that he will net a good return. You can't trade shiit for gold.

I don't want to trade him for all the reason above, BUT :

- he *may* be at his highest value at the moment. I don't know, hopefully the Giants staff does. What will happen when the opposing pitchers get to know him and they adjust? If he can bring back Gee (for almost two years), I'd be tempted. The Giants have problems with starting pitching this year, and next year they will need to fill 3 spots (Hudson, Timmy, Vogey). I think that Heston is pretty much a lock for 2016 (despite yesterday) unless he completely unravels. The Giants could really use Gee, both this year and next.

- Susac is blocked by Posey, at least for the foreseeable future. A backup catcher is not as valuable (and more replaceable) than a starter, and he doesn't contribute as much. We saw yesterday how valuable a knowledgeable catcher is to the staff. I'm *sure* that Posey would have seen that the Pads hitters were just plain *looking* for that outside pitch and hitting to the opposite field, and changed strategy. Susac didn't. The pitchers *prefer* throwing to Posey (or so they've all said, except Timmy). Even if Susac plays 2 games a week (a lot for a backup catcher) that's not a big contribution. Would I rather have Susac than Hector? Hell yeah! But if Susac can bring back quality (and for more than one year), then I could be tempted. I don't think Susac for Murphy would be worth it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dunce:

tz knows all of this. It is a running :boink: on him since he has been singing his praises since the day he was drafted (he was literally saying how good the kid was THE DAY of the draft).

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d'Arnaud is solid. That's why I see more potential around keeping the deal small and focusing on Sanchez.

However, the Texas catching situation is a cluster. Sending Susac there as the centerpiece of a Beltre deal makes more sense to me.

Though they do have Jorge Alfaro.
What to make of this? I haven't been following things too closely. Will be more into it once the Warriors season is over.

The Phillies, Giants, and a Cody Asche trade - The Good Phight

What does SF send for Ache who is....poor defensively, ceiling is being maybe average. Contact/BA will be...270 and power is below average amongst his peers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though they do have Jorge Alfaro.

What does SF send for Ache who is....poor defensively, ceiling is being maybe average. Contact/BA will be...270 and power is below average amongst his peers.
Yeah. Not sure Ache improves our situation any.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dunce:

tz knows all of this. It is a running :boink: on him since he has been singing his praises since the day he was drafted (he was literally saying how good the kid was THE DAY of the draft).

Truth be told I was a Sus fan when he was at OSU and was hoping we'd get him as a sandwich pick.

Just abou the only draft pick I've ever been right on.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep an eye on the Brewers. Kyle Loshe, Aramis Ramirez, and Carlos Gomez all could fill a need, and the Brewers don't look like they are going anywhere.

Gomez would be the grand prize, but we would need to give up a lot for him. Loshe and Ramirez would most likely not cost too much.