• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 4th rounder this year and a 7th next year for Apple.

Not sure where the 1st rounder info came from
I saw that, but in fairness I think the original press release mentioned it was for a 1st rounder? I cannot find it now. I still think PP would cost us at least a first rounder though imo.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not competing for the bowl this year. The team is suffering on a myriad of fronts. Bad play-calling, poor o-line play, no depth at dt. Injuries to rbs, wrs and cbs/sfty. They might make the playoffs. Trades for significant veterans with large price tags are not rational. Those kind of trades are bandaids, expensive bandaids which won't address the long-term needs because they'll handicap the team next year.
They need to hang onto draft picks to get cheap talent because they'll be paying wentz.

I agree with this. Trading for talented vets at this point is tempting but this current group needs to figure it out and try to turn it around. One or two guys aren't going solve everything with the myriad of issues we have going on right now.

If they're able to land a stud without having to give up too much, I'll be excited like everyone else. But I'm not dreaming for it to happen.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just copy/paste from another Forum

"Jalen Mills has allowed a league-high 541 yards in coverage as the nearest defender, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. Eagles as a whole has given up a league-worst 1,410 yards to WRs and 8 touchdowns, as compared to just 2 interceptions."

Something needs to change ... the current state of things on D is simply not working.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Jalen Mills has allowed a league-high 541 yards in coverage as the nearest defender, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. Eagles as a whole has given up a league-worst 1,410 yards to WRs and 8 touchdowns, as compared to just 2 interceptions."

Something needs to change ... the current state of things on D is simply not working.
I wonder if it is Schwartz's scheme or is it the player? If it is definitely the player, I am ok giving a draft pick for Patrick Peterson. No one coming out is as good as him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see Douglas out there. He's an interception machine. The ball finds him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Douglas out there. He's an interception machine. The ball finds him.

I'd like to see him get a chance as well. The plan currently in place is simply not working and needs to change one way or another. Our 2ndary is a joke.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it is Schwartz's scheme or is it the player? If it is definitely the player, I am ok giving a draft pick for Patrick Peterson. No one coming out is as good as him.

My read....Mills is not an All-Pro for sure....but he is/can be very serviceable talent.
This scheme is absolutely killing any possible upside and making him historically bad.

Yes, the scheme doesn't make him trip over his own feet or slip on the ground. But if he is completely LOST in this scheme these little things (like staying up right) can start to pop up.

I would have agreed to have Rasul out there weeks ago....especially outside the red zone.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-10-24_12-33-33.png

From BGN......that is a pretty possible read on what a trade for PP would have to look like. No 1st rounder for next two years and giving a fourth next year to get another 2nd.

Here is the thing....I am trying to calm my own angst to talk myself into spending next years 1st for PP.....no way in hell I am giving two years of 1st's.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 189422

From BGN......that is a pretty possible read on what a trade for PP would have to look like. No 1st rounder for next two years and giving a fourth next year to get another 2nd.

Here is the thing....I am trying to calm my own angst to talk myself into spending next years 1st for PP.....no way in hell I am giving two years of 1st's.

I will say this and thankfully so. Howie is not stupid enough to consider a trade such as this.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 189422

:agree: Very rarely would I ever give up 2 #1's. It would be a very short list, like Gurley, Arnold, V. Miller, Antonio. I would give up the 2019 1st and a #2 (since we have two), for PP, but that's it. I would love to pair PP with Sidney, and put Maddox in the slot. I would move Rasul to Safety, as that might be his best position. In the draft, use the other top picks on a LT, DT, Safety, and WR, in nor particular order - just BPA.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are fine. I don't want to give up a lot to get a player. I think we need to adjust our scheme on defense to fit the players we have. The great D-line rotation we had last year does not exist this year. Especially at DT.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills simply does not have the speed to stick with most receivers; and Schwartz stubbornly trots him out and puts him a position to get exploited.

I've been a long time advocate for him to move to Safety; he's played the position in college (at a high level in the SEC), he's physical enough to play there; he should have been getting reps there because you could at least mask some of that lack of speed with him playing up top and I believe he would be more effective in that spot.

I agree with you guys that Douglas should get a shot, but I don't think he would fare much better. He's great when the play is in front of him, but if the receiver gets by, it's lights out because he doesn't have enough speed either to recover.

DB is a MAJOR priority going into next year's draft, they need to draft 2-3 of them (at least).

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both, IMO

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Peterson will remain a Card barring someone blowing them over with an offer. As good as he is and has been ... it doesn't sound like anyone is budging on their asking price of 2 Firsts plus. Our Defensive scheme of giving receivers 10 yards of cushion doesn't fit his style of play anyways ...

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles NEED offensive weapons. They aren't going to win many games when the primary weapons are Jeffery and Ertz.
I don't give up a 1 for anybody - let alone two of them.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Peterson will remain a Card barring someone blowing them over with an offer. As good as he is and has been ... it doesn't sound like anyone is budging on their asking price of 2 Firsts plus. Our Defensive scheme of giving receivers 10 yards of cushion doesn't fit his style of play anyways ...

Heard this mentioned on a podcast this afternoon....and it is at least the most interesting thing I have heard. In the scenario Howie approaches the Cards and says something along the lines of "You have a world beater CB who doesnt want to be here. We have a CB done with his deal next year. He is not a world bearer but is pretty good, and you can likely resign him much cheaper than PP was". Then Howie offers them Darby and both #2's.

Yes, of course Arizona is trying to set the market at 2 #1's...but that just will not happen. So what next for them? Maybe this offer comes in as the best offer and we replace Darby with PP.

That doesn't help the Mills situation....but if you go so strong to get a guy to help CB you also do this with the message to the coaching staff to change it the fuck up and fast. No more Mills at #2....no more 10 yard cushions.

I hope when Howie makes (or made) that call this is the depth of what is offered. Whether or not it is enough to pry PP loose....it is interesting.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like the Eagles are turning their attention towards Jenkins in NY and/or Conley in Oakland.

Jenkins makes no sense, given that he's on the wrong end of 30, potential trade team is in the division and his play has regressed the past year and a half.

Conley is still young, and someone I liked almost as much as Lattimore in the draft the year before. A trade for Conley wouldn't cost much by comparison to Peterson, and gives us a young talent to work with under rookie contract moving forward. Saints gave up a 4th and a 7th for Apple - I could see a similar exchange for Conley.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley is interesting because I remember he was one of the targets that the Eagles seemed interested in during the 2017 draft. If I remember correctly, Conley was brought up in a possible sexual assault allegation at the time, which he was eventually cleared. And Barnett was on top of our draft board. Anyway, I liked Conley a ton during his days at The Ohio State and he is still very young, would be an upgrade for what we have now, and it wouldn't lol our cap along with picks. I would be on board for Conley.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Forget any crazy spending for PP. looks like he is surely not moving.

Jenkins is a no and makes zero sense. Sign me up for intrigue in Conley.