• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Crabtree now!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The browns need a wr...i wonder if they give up one of there first round picks for him

Do you really think Crabs is worth a first rounder? I don't think he is worth that much.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we could trade crabtree to the browns for the 22th pick and call up colts in be like hey we got young qb in Colin Kaepernick lets make a deal

Give the colts 22th & 30th pick and Colin Kaepernick and a next year 2nd round pick

49ers draft Andrew Luck

Boo This Man - YouTube

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could trade crabtree to the browns for the 22th pick and call up colts in be like hey we got young qb in Colin Kaepernick lets make a deal

Give the colts 22th & 30th pick and Colin Kaepernick and a next year 2nd round pick

49ers draft Andrew Luck

Thanks for the comic relief. Keep it coming.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not saying it's going to happen...i was just throwing out some ideas to get a Qb...There is no one who loves the 49ers as much as i do...i will be very disappointed if we start the season with CK as are quarterback!! we will be lucky to win 5 games

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it's going to happen...i was just throwing out some ideas to get a Qb...There is no one who loves the 49ers as much as i do...i will be very disappointed if we start the season with CK as are quarterback!! we will be lucky to win 5 games

Yep cuz our defense is horrible and Alex smith lit the world on fire by putting up points....

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Here's another idea. Let's invent a time machine and go back to 1995 where we can bring Steve Young to the future. We can grab Jerry Rice while we're there.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but look at what you suggested. The Redskins moved what 4 spots and gave up 2 firsts and a second...plus the first the Rams still get at 6 instead of 2. We would have to move down 29 spots for a QB that is widely considered the pest prospect since Elway on a team who just let their best player ever walk..... Might as well give the Colts part ownership of the team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, but look at what you suggested. The Redskins moved what 4 spots and gave up 2 firsts and a second...plus the first the Rams still get at 6 instead of 2. We would have to move down 29 spots for a QB that is widely considered the pest prospect since Elway on a team who just let their best player ever walk..... Might as well give the Colts part ownership of the team.

Part ownership? 80% maybe

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th at one point. I don't see us getting a 3rd for Crabtree.

Let's see what he can do in 2012. His contract is voidable in '13 anyways.

I agree. What happens if Moss doesn't pan out? Then we are back to the same situation as last year.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
anchorman-brick-trident.jpg

That is fucking AWESOME!!!

repped...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th at one point. I don't see us getting a 3rd for Crabtree.

Let's see what he can do in 2012. His contract is voidable in '13 anyways.

As I understand Crabtree's contract, the control to void the contract is in Crabtree's hands and can now be voided only if he participated in 794 snaps last year AND is voted to the pro-bowl this year.

If Crabtree did not participate in at least 794 plays last year there is no way he can void the contract in '13. If he did participate in 794 plays last year he will then also have to make the pro-bowl this year in order to trigger the void clause.

If Crabtree failed/fails to achieve either of these two escalators then he cannot void the contract in '13 and there is little chance we cut him free in '13 either.

Thus, in 2014 when other WR's of Crabtree's skill level are likely signing contracts worth between ~7-9M, Crabtree will have performed himself into a 6th and final year for about half that amount.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the 49ers have better luck with the health of the WRs this year.. if Moss and Manningham can give them 16 games, it'll probably be worth holding on to Crabtree as he will probably draw the lesser talented DBs. Which means he might actually contribute in the playoffs if the 49ers are fortunate enough to get there again.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
+1

I like Crabtree as a WR. As a matter of fact, I like him a lot. Crimson and I are probably his two biggest supporters that you could find anywhere on earth.

If we trade him he'll be the next Lloyd IMO. We would end up regretting letting him go.

Hahaha. That may be true, but if so, he needs a new cheering section. I think Crabtree is a pretty good second receiver, assuming he's playing opposite a guy who can stretch the field. He's been disappointing, but he's gotten a worse rap than he deserves.

Crabtree the new Alex Smith around here. People - especially those who support Smith - absolutely hate him because he's fallen short of expectations. Never mind that by their own admission, the team has serious problems along the OL and in terms of playcalling, and not to mention no other viable receivers. Apparently those problems only adversely affect the QB, though.

I prefer to look at a player independent of their draft position after the fact. Right now, Crabtree is worth his contract given the shape of our WR corps.

Last edited by a moderator:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another idea. Let's invent a time machine and go back to 1995 where we can bring Steve Young to the future. We can grab Jerry Rice while we're there.

Hard to find a delorean these days

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness, you would be the most trade happy GM in all out football.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand Crabtree's contract, the control to void the contract is in Crabtree's hands and can now be voided only if he participated in 794 snaps last year AND is voted to the pro-bowl this year.

If Crabtree did not participate in at least 794 plays last year there is no way he can void the contract in '13. If he did participate in 794 plays last year he will then also have to make the pro-bowl this year in order to trigger the void clause.

If Crabtree failed/fails to achieve either of these two escalators then he cannot void the contract in '13 and there is little chance we cut him free in '13 either.

Thus, in 2014 when other WR's of Crabtree's skill level are likely signing contracts worth between ~7-9M, Crabtree will have performed himself into a 6th and final year for about half that amount.

Good post, but Crabtree is still easily cuttable in 2013 to make it clearer.