• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Calvin

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to know what the Lions offense looks like without Calvin Johnson? just watch the first half again.

green bay's defense gives up an average of 400+ yards a game and 310+ passing on the year, to go along with 29.3 PPG. Detroit finished with 120 yards of offense for the 1st half and 3 points.

without Calvin -- teams can just take away the run, as Detroit doesn't have another WR that can consistently get open.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to know what the Lions offense looks like without Calvin Johnson? just watch the first half again.

green bay's defense gives up an average of 400+ yards a game and 310+ passing on the year, to go along with 29.3 PPG. Detroit finished with 120 yards of offense for the 1st half and 3 points.

without Calvin -- teams can just take away the run, as Detroit doesn't have another WR that can consistently get open.

Exactly. With him on the field and playing it opens it up for everyone else. That's what the great ones do, make the others around them better, and in his case it's because of the attention the opposing D pays to him.

As a Packer's fan, I'm sure TT would gladly offer a 4th and 6th round pick...deal?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lions were to trade Calvin -- they could get quite a haul for him. how do you trade the guy who makes your entire offense go though? without him -- stafford is average, as he has no one else to throw to. without him -- reggie bush and joique bell are average at best, as teams can just take away the run from the Lions.

watching today's game should show fans that even if Megatron isn't putting up monster stats every game -- he is solely responsible for opening everything up for the rest of his teammates.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised this thread got so many replies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a bad thing. Not a good thing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching today's game should show fans that even if Megatron isn't putting up monster stats every game -- he is solely responsible for opening everything up for the rest of his teammates.

Then suit up and go play decoy for 60 minutes.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I would rather he not be injured after only 4 weeks of football. And players play injured all the time.

What ? You have money on the qame giving the points ? That's the only reason I can think of for a mindless rant like this. So they should risk losing him for the season if he's not right ? They say it's a knee. That's not something you screw around with.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then suit up and go play decoy for 60 minutes.

I'm 6'1" 205 lbs and white. Not sure I could pass as Calvin Johnson and don't think many Lions would be too happy if I showed up in black face.

You'd think -- a team who has spent the amount of picks we have on the WR position -- we'd have SOMEONE decent outside of Megatron. Good god.

I can't help but get pissed off at all of the wasted picks we have had. 1st rounder on Best, 2nd rounder on LeShoure, 2nd rounder on Titus Young, 2nd rounder on Ryan Broyles. UGH!!!!!!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 6'1" 205 lbs and white. Not sure I could pass as Calvin Johnson and don't think many Lions would be too happy if I showed up in black face.

You'd think -- a team who has spent the amount of picks we have on the WR position -- we'd have SOMEONE decent outside of Megatron. Good god.

I can't help but get pissed off at all of the wasted picks we have had. 1st rounder on Best, 2nd rounder on LeShoure, 2nd rounder on Titus Young, 2nd rounder on Ryan Broyles. UGH!!!!!!

I think you're giving up too early on Broyles. I saw him catch the only 2 that were thrown to him today. Was it his fault that he only had 2 targets ? Without breaking down game film, I don't know. But I do know I saw a few other guys drop balls they should have caught and Staff miss a few wide open receivers.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be opposed to trading him for a Heschel like deal....but not for the reasons you state Rob. CJ is fucking awesome...without him this week we had nothing open, it's exactly why he's the best. He plays hurt all the time, he's a fucking beast. You make him sound like he sucks and for that...you are a dumbass.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Fucking Way In Hell

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're giving up too early on Broyles. I saw him catch the only 2 that were thrown to him today. Was it his fault that he only had 2 targets ? Without breaking down game film, I don't know. But I do know I saw a few other guys drop balls they should have caught and Staff miss a few wide open receivers.

I'm sorry, but Broyles has played in 3 games and started in 2 of them. His first start -- Detroit was without Nate Burleson, he had 0 catches for 0 yards. Today, in his 2nd start, without Calvin Johnson and Nate Burleson, he had 2 catches for 27 yards.

If Broyles was getting open - he would be getting the ball thrown to him more. I realize he is coming back from not one, but two major knee surgeries, but Detroit knew about the 1st one when they drafted him in the 2nd round.

Maybe I am just frustrated at how embarrassing the Lions looked today, but I just can't look at Broyles body of work and say I'm excited. It makes it worse for me when I see WRs like Randall Cobb and Torrey Smith drafted after Titus Young was taken by the Lions, and guys like Reuben Randle and TY Hilton being drafted after Ryan Broyles.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$37.1m in dead money. Can we move on to another topic worthy of discussion? Lord knows after the turd we laid in GB today there's plenty of things to talk about. This isn't happening, period.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why has this thread got so many comments? Probably the most stupid post I've ever read.

Two of the replies are now from you genius.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread isn't even that serious, but I raised an obvious point. No Calvin = No winning. It's not a good thing that this is a one player team. Even if he is the best at his position.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am just frustrated at how embarrassing the Lions looked today, but I just can't look at Broyles body of work and say I'm excited. It makes it worse for me when I see WRs like Randall Cobb and Torrey Smith drafted after Titus Young was taken by the Lions, and guys like Reuben Randle and TY Hilton being drafted after Ryan Broyles.

You can break down draft picks after the fact constantly. I agree with the frustration of picks. Just don't agree you should be able to make these statements later unless you stood on your head at draft time about said picks...Did ya? I don't remember?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread isn't even that serious, but I raised an obvious point. No Calvin = No winning. It's not a good thing that this is a one player team. Even if he is the best at his position.

I disagree. When Bush went down team look terrible. CJ out team looks worse. They go hand and hand for each othrer. They are not a one man team. Two??? Staff seems distraught when no CJ though.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff didn't have a lot of time today though either.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Broyles has played in 3 games and started in 2 of them. His first start -- Detroit was without Nate Burleson, he had 0 catches for 0 yards. Today, in his 2nd start, without Calvin Johnson and Nate Burleson, he had 2 catches for 27 yards.

If Broyles was getting open - he would be getting the ball thrown to him more. I realize he is coming back from not one, but two major knee surgeries, but Detroit knew about the 1st one when they drafted him in the 2nd round.

I guess I don't have your confidence in Staff going through his progressions, making proper reads and finding the open receiver. I remain underwhelmed by our QB's play this season.