• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade bait?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As any fellow Flyer fan knows,they have a great nucleus of forwards.
In fact,the Flyers are so deep at centre,that many of them are also playing the wings.
I think they should dangle Carter out there to get a "proven" goalie.Bryzgalov and Vokoun would be my top targets.I would also try to move Timonen and or Pronger while you can still get a decent return for them.

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be OK with them moving Carter, but I'd want someone younger back - Schneider from Vancouver, one of LA's goalies, etc. OR, see if we could grab a good young d-man in return.

But they won't do anything like that. And Carter will get hurt in the playoffs again next year. And the team will play better without him. But IF they keep playing pin-the-tail-on-the-goalie they'll lose again. And we'll be right back here this time next year, saying the same things.

But they aren't dead yet, my friend. :wink:

GO FLYERS!!

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.
The 1st game was a washout,but after last night's game they are definitely still in it.
After 20 plus years(yea,I,m up there,lol),I am frustrated as hell that they still don't go for a proven starter.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My problem with trading for Schneider is that he is another unknown. He might be an all-star, or the next Maxime Ouillett. We have gone that route before. Its not like the Flyers organization doesn't spend money. If you are going to spend, get Ilya. Maybe Vokoun. But even that I am not that excited about.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimmo and Prongs arent going anywhere. I think Kimmo is a bit overpaid but he is hands down the best Dman on this team right now even though he played bad last game. The sky isnt falling Flyers fans. Its only 0-2...worry about this another time

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy as hell with getting Bryzgalov,as he puts up monster numbers on a crappy team,same as Vokoun.
My "dream" catch would be Lundqvist-but we'd have to give up a crapload for him.
Schneider,or better yet,Bernier from L.A. would be a good fit.
Both the Nucks and Kings need forwards and d-men,with the Flyers have a good abundance of.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Carles value is high right now. I would love to see him gone after this season. Overpaid and only putting up the numbers he does because of Pronger

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Carle and Mezaros are the top 2 d-men for Flyers right now.
Yes,Timonen is still decent,but overpaid imo.
The Flyers have got to start looking at Timonen,Pronger,Briere(this 1 hurts),against the cap.
Carter is the perfect candidate for trade bait right now(this yrs playoffs aside)

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle is a great plus/minus defensive player who does not resort to slashing,hooking or grabbing like Pronger.
I love the "physical" presence Pronger brings,but it hasn't been more than that,and a lot of bad penalties lately.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vokoun is UFA this offseason.. if they go for teh upgrade they will go for him.. i wouldn't be surprised if they move for his rights at the draft and try to sign him before july 1

that being said, no more talking about it, they're still in it

but welcome 4th street! first time seein you around

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome 4th Street!!

Brother.....we have tons of time to talk about this subject. In fact, it will most likely be the most talked about thing this whole off season, so....relax my man and let's finish this years business, okay? :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and by the way, there are a couple of us over 40 here on the Flyers board, so you're not alone man. ;)

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd day here guys.
I'll save my,who should we trade for after we take the cup.
Sorry if I riled up anyone.
Gooooooooo Flyers!!!!!

and nobody else!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd day here guys.
I'll save my,who should we trade for after we take the cup.
Sorry if I riled up anyone.
Gooooooooo Flyers!!!!!

and nobody else!

lol You didn't rile anyone up. :) If we do the "who should we get" talk now, what the hell are we going to talk about all summer?? ;)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 4th........if you have any questions or concerns about this sites rules or whatever, please feel free to ask anybody on the Flyers board.

Honestly, there isn't one jerk in the whole crowd and any of them (including myself of course) would gladly help you out.

:becky:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ilya is unrestricted too. And doesn't want to play in WInnipeg.
BUt just to summarize, Pronger sucks, Carle sucks b/c he rides Pronger's sucky coattails, Kimmo is over the hill and therefore sucks. SO let's package our three sucky defenseman that are also overpaid to get one of the best goalies...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with doing that PR is that next year we'll end up with another 3rd paring that will costs us the Cup again. :doh:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was baffled when i saw people defending matt carle on here, how can one honestly watch a game and think that this guy is worth the money? without pronger he is beyond suck.