• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest division in the NFL?

Which division is the toughest right now in the league

• AFC NORTH

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • AFC SOUTH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC EAST

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • AFC WEST

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • NFC NORTH

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • NFC SOUTH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFC EAST

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • NFC WEST

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does the afc west have two votes..........

jets alone drop the afc east, and the phins need to prove something

Well I would say it is they have shown over the past 3 or so years to be one of the more consistent divisions. The Broncos have obviously been at the top but 2 years ago they had the Chiefs and Chargers both make the playoffs and they followed that up by both having winning seasons again the next year. The Raiders seem to be a favorite of many to improve over last year. So that is 3 possible playoff type teams and one up and comer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say it is they have shown over the past 3 or so years to be one of the more consistent divisions. The Broncos have obviously been at the top but 2 years ago they had the Chiefs and Chargers both make the playoffs and they followed that up by both having winning seasons again the next year. The Raiders seem to be a favorite of many to improve over last year. So that is 3 possible playoff type teams and one up and comer.
for a year or two, certainly not the toughest.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for a year or two, certainly not the toughest.....

I guess then what is meant by the word "toughest"? Are we talking toughest division to win because then yeah the AFC West has been dominated by the Broncos as of late so probably can't be them. If we are talking smash mouth football where defense rules the day then I would say AFC East has to be the champs for that with Miami adding some major muscle to their defense, the Jets and Bills both having top level defenses, and the Patriots looking to be tough up front as well. If we are talking the toughest teams who love to smash the football and run then probably give it to the NFC West as pretty much all those teams love to run the football then win with tough defense.

So again depends on the definition of "tough"

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: AFCN

3 playoff teams and a team that isn't a walk-over

I know that's right !!......And so does everyone else, some lie, some deny but it's true anyhow !! :thumb:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cd, how'd your boys look in TC and what do you think the opener against us will be like ?
Wondering how PM is adapting to Kubes system and heard you lost some starters on the oline.
Is PM gonna have enough protection to be successful in that system ?
Let's face it, one of the best but he was slow when he was young and is slower now than then.
Great respect for the guy, he's all class man !!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, how'd your boys look in TC and what do you think the opener against us will be like ?
Wondering how PM is adapting to Kubes system and heard you lost some starters on the oline.
Is PM gonna have enough protection to be successful in that system ?
Let's face it, one of the best but he was slow when he was young and is slower now than then.
Great respect for the guy, he's all class man !!

Hey OldSchool...Things are looking good at Training Camp. The defense is what has impressed people so far as Von Miller they said there have been plays where he isn't even touched on his way to the QB. Now I would say maybe this is some on the OL but he is doing it against even the veterans who have done decent that we have on the team. Beyond him though the secondary has been lights out with tight coverage.

Having said that many at Broncos camp have said this is the best that Manning has ever looked. He was dropping 50-yard bombs perfect in stride the other day that had some of the players afterwards being all they could talk about. So with that I think he has adjusted well to Kubiak's system. There are still some things to work out as there have been quite a few miscommunications between him and the receivers but I think that will get worked out by the time the season rolls around.

As for the OL we will have possibly 3 guys starting that have never taken a snap in an NFL game. So the OL is definitely a huge question mark. It is why I actually think to start out the year you will see the Broncos in a lot of 2-TE sets where the TE's will either stay in and block or will do the chip then go out in their route. Especially considering our first two weeks being against the Ravens and Chiefs who both have a great pass rush tandem. This should help the young guys as they adjust to the speed of an NFL game. This will also mean you will probably see a bit more of a conservative offense to start the season where the team will rely on a new revamped run game and a defense to shut down teams. Takes pressure off Manning and the OL if this is what happens.

Any no name players I should keep my eye out for with the Ravens?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey OldSchool...Things are looking good at Training Camp. The defense is what has impressed people so far as Von Miller they said there have been plays where he isn't even touched on his way to the QB. Now I would say maybe this is some on the OL but he is doing it against even the veterans who have done decent that we have on the team. Beyond him though the secondary has been lights out with tight coverage.

Having said that many at Broncos camp have said this is the best that Manning has ever looked. He was dropping 50-yard bombs perfect in stride the other day that had some of the players afterwards being all they could talk about. So with that I think he has adjusted well to Kubiak's system. There are still some things to work out as there have been quite a few miscommunications between him and the receivers but I think that will get worked out by the time the season rolls around.

As for the OL we will have possibly 3 guys starting that have never taken a snap in an NFL game. So the OL is definitely a huge question mark. It is why I actually think to start out the year you will see the Broncos in a lot of 2-TE sets where the TE's will either stay in and block or will do the chip then go out in their route. Especially considering our first two weeks being against the Ravens and Chiefs who both have a great pass rush tandem. This should help the young guys as they adjust to the speed of an NFL game. This will also mean you will probably see a bit more of a conservative offense to start the season where the team will rely on a new revamped run game and a defense to shut down teams. Takes pressure off Manning and the OL if this is what happens.

Any no name players I should keep my eye out for with the Ravens?

Well if anyone can figure it out quick, it will be PM, I just hope it ain't til week 2....:D

Jernigan is taking Ngata's place and they have dubbed him in TC as a disruptive force....Kendrick Lewis, a safety we picked up from Houston is a real ball hawk and has taken over that position....Our secondary is much improved by a few new players and the return of our shut down CB Jimmy Smith....
Joe has adapted well to Trestman and these young wr's are playing really well, as are the TE's...
We are looking very good and they are projecting a banner year for Joe....
I look for the solid running game to be the crux of it all, opening up the pass as usual, the difference is this kid Perriman is big and grease lightening....He can stretch the field in a hurry and Joe is one of the best long bombers in the biz....
Looking forward to the game, let's hope all stays healthy for it thru these over done Pre season games...:nod:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted NFC East. They have the most SB wins and the most SB appearances. If you don't know, now you know.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

3 playoff teams and a team that isn't a walk-over

Yeah, but no teams that "wow" you. Three teams that are very solid, but not scary.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North is a mirage, they had the easiest schedule in football last year.

(I didn't go back any farther)
2 playoff teams in 2008
2 in 2009
2 in 2010
3 in 2011
2 in 2012
1 in 2013
3 in 2014

Yep. All about that easy schedule

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North is a mirage, they had the easiest schedule in football last year.

I have Saint Louis losing 4x against the AFCN.

November 22nd in Baltimore. let's see if its a mirage or not.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 playoff teams in 2008
2 in 2009
2 in 2010
3 in 2011
2 in 2012
1 in 2013
3 in 2014

mirage?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Saint Louis losing 4x against the AFCN.

November 22nd in Baltimore. let's see if its a mirage or not.

So you are saying you are not good at predictions, last I checked on here I finished second last year in week by week predictions tournament.

But anyway, if you can win battle of the line of scrimmage you have a chance in this league. With that dline, they will win a lot of battles.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 playoff teams in 2008
2 in 2009
2 in 2010
3 in 2011
2 in 2012
1 in 2013
3 in 2014

What about "last year" do you not understand? Facts don't lie, the AFC North had the easiest schedule in the NFL, LAST YEAR. Yes, and the NFC West was garbage those few years ago.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying you are not good at predictions, last I checked on here I finished second last year in week by week predictions tournament.

But anyway, if you can win battle of the line of scrimmage you have a chance in this league. With that dline, they will win a lot of battles.

Not much has changed from last year then the AFCN just playing another division weaker then itself. The NFCW with a weak SF team and a marginal Rams squad. So 2 of 4 teams are playoff quality in Aeattle and Arizona and the Ravens play the Rams and Seattle at home where they win amost 80% of the time.

I'll take Baltimores #2 ranked OL against the Rams Dline and a top front 7 on defense chasing Foles around all day.Could be a good game but I see Baltimore winning in the end.