• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Six Forwards On The Kings

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL baby.

$25.8 million contract on Monday, you made $6 and cut by Sunday.

So Ellerby & Frattin are sent down (assuming they are still on a two-way contract), if not waived?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ellerby & Frattin are sent down (assuming they are still on a two-way contract), if not waived?

Neither guy is on a two-way, so if they are sent down the Kings take the hit.

Only way the Kings make room for Toffoli and clear salary is if someone gets traded and the Kings get a pick or the infamous "future considerations" back. Right now, not going to happen.

Nice job drafting him in the FHL and stroking it, Commish.

=)~~

Frattin needs to step up big time. He was traded for a franchise goaltender. I know Dumbo wasn't dealing from a position of strength but he needs to contribute in a big way and soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither guy is on a two-way, so if they are sent down the Kings take the hit.

Only way the Kings make room for Toffoli and clear salary is if someone gets traded and the Kings get a pick or the infamous "future considerations" back. Right now, not going to happen.

Nice job drafting him in the FHL and stroking it, Commish.

=)~~

Frattin needs to step up big time. He was traded for a franchise goaltender. I know Dumbo wasn't dealing from a position of strength but he needs to contribute in a big way and soon.
Agreed on Frattin - they need him to do more than what he's done, he has to be able to score some goals, I know he did it with the Leafs last year, he can get hot, hopefully he starts getting hot here soon

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow some old names mentioned. The funny thing is Pez was the only person on the old espn board that I met face to face on a trip to LA.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow some old names mentioned. The funny thing is Pez was the only person on the old espn board that I met face to face on a trip to LA.

Did you need a ladder like I did the first time I met him? Dude is like 6'7", I'm 5'10".

For a big guy he was pretty slick on the skates too, I fed him some pin point passes that he got good scoring chances on. I think he buried a few, I remember one I gave him right into an empty net though and he whiffed and missed.

Whistle blew, we went to the bench and he was shaking his head on how he missed a wide open net. I said no sweat, we're just like the Kings.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you need a ladder like I did the first time I met him? Dude is like 6'7", I'm 5'10".

For a big guy he was pretty slick on the skates too, I fed him some pin point passes that he got good scoring chances on. I think he buried a few, I remember one I gave him right into an empty net though and he whiffed and missed.

Whistle blew, we went to the bench and he was shaking his head on how he missed a wide open net. I said no sweat, we're just like the Kings.

Yeah he towered over me. I'm 5'10" and he was smooth on his skates. He had some friends with him, so we played some pickup.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that Pez promised he would stop posting if the NHL lost the entire season due to the lock out. When it happened the man kept his promise. Now that we're on a new board shouldn't we invite him back?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: (believable?)
According to two separate sources close to the organization, Kings GM Dean Lombardi is exploring multiple possibilities, and could move either a forward or a defenseman.

The Kings would like to add a second-line scoring left winger, but without significant cap space, that help must come from within the organization.

As a result, it's believed the Kings want to call up one of Tanner Pearson or Tyler Toffoli, but Lombardi wants to move a current roster player before doing so.

Lombardi was shopping forward Kyle Clifford and defenseman Alec Martinez during the summer, but wasn't able to find a suitable trading partner.

One of Clifford, Martinez, defenseman Keaton Ellerby, and center Trevor Lewis could be dealt in the near future, one source told TFP, and the asking price appears to be at least one draft pick -- the degree of the pick varies from player to player.

TFP

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew at least 2 guys needed to be moved to bring up Toffolli or Pearson, this pretty much confirms who we all thought it would be. Surprised to not see Muzzin on that list, but I'd be he's available too.

Lewis was a bit of a surprise, but then I remembered he will be a GIII UFA next summer and then it makes sense. If they trade a guy like him, they better get a good return back - he is solid even if he doesn't score much. Losing Lewis means losing speed, which this team lacks as a whole.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: (believable?)
According to two separate sources close to the organization, Kings GM Dean Lombardi is exploring multiple possibilities, and could move either a forward or a defenseman.

The Kings would like to add a second-line scoring left winger, but without significant cap space, that help must come from within the organization.

As a result, it's believed the Kings want to call up one of Tanner Pearson or Tyler Toffoli, but Lombardi wants to move a current roster player before doing so.

Lombardi was shopping forward Kyle Clifford and defenseman Alec Martinez during the summer, but wasn't able to find a suitable trading partner.

One of Clifford, Martinez, defenseman Keaton Ellerby, and center Trevor Lewis could be dealt in the near future, one source told TFP, and the asking price appears to be at least one draft pick -- the degree of the pick varies from player to player.

TFP
In other s: Sky is blue
Tim Lieweekly (lieweakly) said before he left that they wanted to bring up some rookies(Vey?) this year.