• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top QBs on deep throws

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thought this was interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there's no correlation between this particular analytic and franchise QBs

Yep. You want ability not stats. Velocity to make all the throws was a bigger factor than stats in our QB switch. Per attempt was good but attempts were low due to the issue of velocity. Smith knew what was a smart pass for him and we replaced him with a QB whose physical skill made those smart passes further and more frequent (stretching the defense). Kaepernick has greater velocity and thus more options. It wasn't that we were missing on all attempts. Abilities over stats, smarts over stupid risks, have physical skills plus smarts = great.

As far as this chart, some systems like deep passes more and will take more risks and will have more three and outs but also more deep shots and deep completions. There is no correlation with an effective offense, per se. You just want that ability and to play smart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Al Davis would have loved that list and he would want whoever was No. 1. But doesn't mean much overall.

That's what I found so interesting about it. The top their guys are spread out here or there and nothing really correlates. However, Kaep had 5 drops on the deep ball which scouted for the highest percent of drop rate I believe.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
how was Kaep ahead of Nick Foles with Foles putting up better numbers across the board?

fewer attempts, more completions, no drops, more yards, more td's..

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
how was Kaep ahead of Nick Foles with Foles putting up better numbers across the board?

fewer attempts, more completions, no drops, more yards, more td's..

Completions + Drops / Attempts