• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top QB prospects in CFB This Year

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a little, but this past weekend I saw quite a bit.

Obviously this can change, but right now the top of the draft QBs...DeShaun Watson, CLEM, a dual threat QB in the vein of RG3, but better field awareness. IMO, like most dual threat CFB QBs he will have to learn the NFL game...I can see Kelly really liking his skillset and fitting his scheme., but the ROI won't be immediate.

Brad Kaaya, MIA...this would be my pick. Pocket QB, that can run, Richt is a pro style coach. Tall, big arm, but thin...needs to gain about 15lbs or so.

I watched a couple of games from Watson last year, including the championship game, and I did see some games from Kizer (most of the Texas game Sunday).....I'll be honest....I am turned off by all that read option/zone read stuff. I never liked it before Kaepernick, and obviously my opinion hasn't changed for the better in the last 4 years.

Maybe I haven't see enough of Watson or Kizer, so it might be first impressions thing....thanks for the Kaaya suggestion....I'll try and look for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a couple of games from Watson last year, including the championship game, and I did see some games from Kizer (most of the Texas game Sunday).....I'll be honest....I am turned off by all that read option/zone read stuff. I never liked it before Kaepernick, and obviously my opinion hasn't changed for the better in the last 4 years.

Maybe I haven't see enough of Watson or Kizer, so it might be first impressions thing....thanks for the Kaaya suggestion....I'll try and look for him.

Me too!

Trust me...I'm not looking forward to the day Ben hangs it up...but I survived the dark period from Bradshaw to Ben so I supposed I'll survive the next one.

Watson I've seen maybe 3 times...the kid can play...I think he and maybe Kizer as well will be more RW like in their approach to the NFL game whereas guys like RG3 and Cam were so good as athletes they thought they could basically play the same way in the pros. As we've seen...not for long.

The pressure to win forces coaches do to what's working so I guess I can't blame them, but they do the NFL no favors because the DEF players are just too good and too fast for that style to work at this level.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShays top 3 right now are Watson, Kaaya, Beathard. I like Kizer a lot and Rosen should be good. Chad Kelly and Mitch Leidner should get a shot too.

Last edited:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson at Louisville kid at over 600 yards yesterday 1st QB to throw for more than 400 yards and rush for 200 hundred more. I don't care that it was against Syracuse, kid is downright dangerous. Too bad he is a soph or would add him to the list

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson at Louisville kid at over 600 yards yesterday 1st QB to throw for more than 400 yards and rush for 200 hundred more. I don't care that it was against Syracuse, kid is downright dangerous. Too bad he is a soph or would add him to the list
That's a great one. Kid is crazy athletic

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great one. Kid is crazy athletic

Syracuse's questionable defense definitely helped inflate the stats a bit, but that kid is amazing. Very good passer (there were a lot of catchable balls dropped, even with those stats last night) and he's simply a phenomenal runner with good size to boot (6'3, 200). Fastest player on the team. He was incredibly effective letting the defense commit then pulling the ball back from the RB. Louisville's conventional running game was otherwise ineffective.

The announcers were comparing him to Michael Vick last night, and that might be low-balling IMO. Good test coming up next game vs Florida State.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hoping the 9ers can pick up Watson. Have to see how these QBs play this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Looking to be a crappy QB class. Watson's the best college QB, but Falk looks like the best pro' prospect so far; but he doesn't look great.

Chad Kelly has a ton of potential, but I don't know that he has it between the ears.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to have some big games this year too. If he performs well he will have a good shot

Let's see what he is made up today facing a #2 ranked FSU

Bump

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see what he is made up today facing a #2 ranked FSU

Bump

Toughest test of the year for the kid, but FSU is down their top defender and one of their best Dlineman. Wish FSU would be at full strength for this one cuz they'll need it against him