• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top CBB returners scouting reports

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ya'll.

Started a series breaking down some of the top returning CBB players as NBA prospects with in-depth scouting reports. Over 4.5K words down through just two of them so far. Will update this thread as I do more and more.

Let me know if you guys enjoy these breakdowns. Put a ton of time into them, so feedback would be much appreciated.

James Bouknight Scouting Report
Bones Hyland Scouting Report

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ya'll.

Started a series breaking down some of the top returning CBB players as NBA prospects with in-depth scouting reports. Over 4.5K words down through just two of them so far. Will update this thread as I do more and more.

Let me know if you guys enjoy these breakdowns. Put a ton of time into them, so feedback would be much appreciated.

James Bouknight Scouting Report
Bones Hyland Scouting Report
Interesting 2 players to focus on.

I saw Bouknight play a bunch of times last year. Very impressive, and I think he will be a large part of UConn's success if he stays another 2 or years. Not sure if he's strong enough to stay in the NBA

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting 2 players to focus on.

I saw Bouknight play a bunch of times last year. Very impressive, and I think he will be a large part of UConn's success if he stays another 2 or years. Not sure if he's strong enough to stay in the NBA

Just the start of a series of some of my favorite returners that will feature my top returner (spoiler alert) JRE, haha.

Bouknight has 1st round upside with his athleticism and scoring ability but the strength and filling out his frame will be key.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for putting the time into this. I'll definitely keep track of where you rank guys. I'll be curious who some of your top guys will be.

One question, is this more so about NBA potential, or what guys will do will do next season as far as production? A guy like Garza would be top 5 on production but probably wouldn't be in the top 35ish for NBA potential.

Also, are you included incoming freshman? Based on how you phrased things, I'd guess not but wanted to clarification.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Marquette guy that will crack this list is a guy who has never even played a game for us.....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Marquette guy that will crack this list is a guy who has never even played a game for us.....

DJ Carton I'd assume? I'm pretty high on him, he's got the athletic tools and a quick first step. Definitely a guy I'll be tracking.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for putting the time into this. I'll definitely keep track of where you rank guys. I'll be curious who some of your top guys will be.

One question, is this more so about NBA potential, or what guys will do will do next season as far as production? A guy like Garza would be top 5 on production but probably wouldn't be in the top 35ish for NBA potential.

Also, are you included incoming freshman? Based on how you phrased things, I'd guess not but wanted to clarification.

No problem, thanks for reading.

1) This is entirely based off NBA value/potential, not college production at all. Luka Garza should be the favorite for NPOY, but I personally won't even have him in my top 50 just because I don't think his game translates all that well at the next level. His defense is pretty atrocious and would get exposed in the NBA and I'm not sure his offensive value will be high enough to offset that. Could see him going overseas and dominating the ACB league for Real Madrid or Barcelona or something like that.

2) Probably going to release a rankings list once all the decisions are made of top returners, and eventually will put together a board that incorporates the top returners + incoming freshman for the 2021 Draft. I actually have an NBA Draft Guide that has that info that is for sale for $5 if you have any interest. Shameless plug, but I promise it's worth it. Lots of info and helpful lists w/top returners, a big board w/180+ prospects, top incoming freshman + international guys, a mock draft, stats page, etc. Message me if you have interest.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to hear your thoughts on Isaiah Joe