• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 reasons Mizzou won

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for Missouri. They now have the upper hand in the east. If they win out they go to Atlanta. Still have uf, usce, and tamu, though. Missouri fans understand injuries ... It crippled them last year. Franklins health is a big concern. Get healthy dawgs!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defense sucked major donkey cock way before those guys got injured....
Can't argue with that. All the more reason we needed or offense to be able to score. We are or of the NC picture for sure, but still have a shot at the SEC championship. Have to win out which will be tough, then hope Missouri loses twice.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame injuries for losses, you're just being a sore loser...injuries are a part of football

....an example why ya can't blame injuries is my Packers.

1) 2011...shit load of injuries, and we still won super bowl.
2) today...down a ton of LBs and WRs, still found a way to beat a decent Ravens team.

You'd think a Team SEC member would have the sufficient depth to overcome injuries! :lol::whistle:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame injuries for losses, you're just being a sore loser...injuries are a part of football

....an example why ya can't blame injuries is my Packers.

1) 2011...shit load of injuries, and we still won super bowl.
2) today...down a ton of LBs and WRs, still found a way to beat a decent Ravens team.

You'd think a Team SEC member would have the sufficient depth to overcome injuries! :lol::whistle:
I've thought a lot about what you just said, and I get it. I have historically said that fans should quit whining when they have injuries. For me, and I think a lot of Georgia fans, we get that our season may well be over. The injuries happened, and we have to live with it.

At least when I discuss the injuries, it is in the context of explaining why we are losing, and why we are dropping in the ratings. It is naive to say you can't "blame injuries for losses." Name one team that could lose their no. 1 and 2 RBs, and 1-3 WRs and not suddenly be a different team. That's the reality of the situation, and you just can't pretend it isn't there.

If you want to criticize us for not having enough depth to fill in, I am ok by that. If you want criticize our D for not being better, I am ok by that. But, if you are looking for a reason why UGa's outlook is different than it was 2 weeks ago, you can't ignore losing 5 of your top 6 skill positions.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA out gained Mizzu, had more first downs, had half the penalties. Biggest reason they lost was not because of the loss of starters although that did hurt them, it was the 4-0 turnover ratio they spotted Mizzu. It is very hard to win a game when you give the ball to the other team like that, much worse so when you are missing several of your best players. However they moved the ball well enough to win if they only don't turn it over.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA out gained Mizzu, had more first downs, had half the penalties. Biggest reason they lost was not because of the loss of starters although that did hurt them, it was the 4-0 turnover ratio they spotted Mizzu. It is very hard to win a game when you give the ball to the other team like that, much worse so when you are missing several of your best players. However they moved the ball well enough to win if they only don't turn it over.
I get what you are saying, but give some thought that the Dawgs offensive scheme changed dramatically the past week. Think that could have something to do with it? No running backs means the D isn't stacking the box and are waiting for Murray to throw. Losing 5 of your top 6 skill players is simply going to make a difference.

That said, it really is up to our D the rest of the year. We aren't going to be able to score 45 on every team. That means we can't give up 45. So, while the injuries are clearly part of the problem, if our D ever showed up, we might not be out of the SEC chase.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say that the Dawgs' injuries had nothing to do with this game is rather naïve, IMO. Nonetheless, I still thought UGA would win that game, and if they played again tomorrow, I would still pick UGA. UGA just had a bad game, while Mizzou had one of their best. Congrats Mizzou! You got a great win, and you earned it.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's ok... we're down to our 3rd string freshman quarterback

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say that the Dawgs' injuries had nothing to do with this game is rather naïve, IMO. Nonetheless, I still thought UGA would win that game, and if they played again tomorrow, I would still pick UGA. UGA just had a bad game, while Mizzou had one of their best. Congrats Mizzou! You got a great win, and you earned it.

Come to columbia next week, Tony. You won't like us much next week.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to columbia next week, Tony. You won't like us much next week.

I'm not worried, at all. You won't score on us like you did against those limping Dawgs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad, OU is in the same boat. I still haven't figured out what is wrong with OU's offense...we have the players but can't do anything consistently.

Focus and a sense of urgency. Saban preaches that shit like it's the word of god.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focus and a sense of urgency. Saban preaches that shit like it's the word of god.

In OU's case I think it is more a want to get passing yards even when they are not needed. We were told OU would be a power run offense this...so why is Heupel so intent on throwing the ball even when the run is working. :noidea: