• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Notable Remaining Free Agents (July 16th, 2019)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Burke, PG, Dallas Mavericks - Averaged an impressive 20.1 points and 5.4 assists per game during his time with Mavs this past season. For anyone reading this, can anyone name a current guard not named Lou Williams on the Clippers' bench? Well, you get the idea. Burke could make a good defense-to-offense tandem with Pat Bev at the point for the Clips. Best fit: L.A. Clippers.

Vince Carter, SF, Atlanta Hawks - Well, how many years in a row has he been on this list. It's been absolutely incredible what Vince has been able to accomplish on the court at age 42. The fact that his last all-star appearance came the season before former teammate Mike Conley (now 31) was even drafted is a true testament to his longevity. His rookie year was my 5th grade year, and yada...yada...yada. Carter's first stint with the Suns did not fare so great, as he was released from his contract back in 2011. He would be a good fit to return to Phoenix and redeem himself from that experience now entering what he says will be his final season, while also providing a stable veteran presence for a young team that includes Devin Booker, DeAndre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, and fellow Carolina product Cameron Johnson. Best fit: Phoenix.

Nik Stauskas, SG, Cleveland Cavaliers - Alright, let us be creative here. While he did not put up especially good numbers in 2018-19, Stauskas clearly still has a place in the NBA after the Cavs had hired his former college coach, John Beilein. Another option could be a sign-and-trade by signing Stauskas for one year at $2.5 million and sending him to Orlando along with Ante Zizic and a 2022 second round pick in exchange for Mo Bamba, who is in no-man's land after the Magic had re-signed Nikola Vucevic for $100 million. Orlando was among the hottest teams in the league during the second half of last season, and among their few flaws was a lack of a shooter to back up Evan Fournier. Stauskas shot 42.9 percent from three during a 24-game tryout with the Cavs late in the season. Best fit: Cleveland or Orlando.

Zaza Pachulia, C, Detroit Pistons - Yep, he's on the decline. That said, Zaza still averaged 10.9 points, 10.9 boards, and 3.7 assists per 36 and apparently has connections with and has publicly given rave reviews for Pacers draft protege Goga Bitadze. He could make for a good mentor and locker room presence as the team's 12th man. Best fit: Indiana.

L.R. Mbah a Moute, PF, Los Angeles Clippers - Missed most of 2018-19 with a knee issue and having underwent a partial medial meniscectomy in his left knee. During the 2017-18 season, he recorded one of the best plus/minus games in NBA history for the Rockets. Having never wished to leave Houston after his first stint with the team, Mbah a Moute would appear to be a good fit to return given that they are paper-thin at the forward positions. He should be ready for training camp if all goes according to plan. Best fit: Houston.

Top 5 Notable Remaining NBA Free Agents (July 16th, 2019)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple others I'd add:

Dragan Bender. Underwhelmed with Phoenix, but he's still young and has the tools to become a player with some real coaching. Spurs would make a great fit for him.

Justin Holiday. Solid backup wing potential and good 2 way player. Could be a real nice contributor for a contender team.

Kenneth Faried. Has his limitations but as an energy big off the bench I think he could help a lot of teams.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple others I'd add:

Dragan Bender. Underwhelmed with Phoenix, but he's still young and has the tools to become a player with some real coaching. Spurs would make a great fit for him.

Justin Holiday. Solid backup wing potential and good 2 way player. Could be a real nice contributor for a contender team.

Kenneth Faried. Has his limitations but as an energy big off the bench I think he could help a lot of teams.

Holiday is my guy. 3 and d dude. Clippers, rockets and Gs all make sense

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korver is the top guy left imo.

I really like cheick dialo. He’s got some untapped potential in there.

Joakim Noah revived his career.

Shane Larkin went over to Europe and had a great year. He could be a solid backup pg.

The rockets need to sign a few of these guys to build a bench. There’s some talent here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple others I'd add:

Heard CLE was interested in Bender. Take a chance on him and form a crazy great foursome

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Burke, PG, Dallas Mavericks - Averaged an impressive 20.1 points and 5.4 assists per game during his time with Mavs this past season. For anyone reading this, can anyone name a current guard not named Lou Williams on the Clippers' bench? Well, you get the idea. Burke could make a good defense-to-offense tandem with Pat Bev at the point for the Clips. Best fit: L.A. Clippers.

Vince Carter, SF, Atlanta Hawks - Well, how many years in a row has he been on this list. It's been absolutely incredible what Vince has been able to accomplish on the court at age 42. The fact that his last all-star appearance came the season before former teammate Mike Conley (now 31) was even drafted is a true testament to his longevity. His rookie year was my 5th grade year, and yada...yada...yada. Carter's first stint with the Suns did not fare so great, as he was released from his contract back in 2011. He would be a good fit to return to Phoenix and redeem himself from that experience now entering what he says will be his final season, while also providing a stable veteran presence for a young team that includes Devin Booker, DeAndre Ayton, Mikal Bridges, and fellow Carolina product Cameron Johnson. Best fit: Phoenix.

Nik Stauskas, SG, Cleveland Cavaliers - Alright, let us be creative here. While he did not put up especially good numbers in 2018-19, Stauskas clearly still has a place in the NBA after the Cavs had hired his former college coach, John Beilein. Another option could be a sign-and-trade by signing Stauskas for one year at $2.5 million and sending him to Orlando along with Ante Zizic and a 2022 second round pick in exchange for Mo Bamba, who is in no-man's land after the Magic had re-signed Nikola Vucevic for $100 million. Orlando was among the hottest teams in the league during the second half of last season, and among their few flaws was a lack of a shooter to back up Evan Fournier. Stauskas shot 42.9 percent from three during a 24-game tryout with the Cavs late in the season. Best fit: Cleveland or Orlando.

Zaza Pachulia, C, Detroit Pistons - Yep, he's on the decline. That said, Zaza still averaged 10.9 points, 10.9 boards, and 3.7 assists per 36 and apparently has connections with and has publicly given rave reviews for Pacers draft protege Goga Bitadze. He could make for a good mentor and locker room presence as the team's 12th man. Best fit: Indiana.

L.R. Mbah a Moute, PF, Los Angeles Clippers - Missed most of 2018-19 with a knee issue and having underwent a partial medial meniscectomy in his left knee. During the 2017-18 season, he recorded one of the best plus/minus games in NBA history for the Rockets. Having never wished to leave Houston after his first stint with the team, Mbah a Moute would appear to be a good fit to return given that they are paper-thin at the forward positions. He should be ready for training camp if all goes according to plan. Best fit: Houston.

Top 5 Notable Remaining NBA Free Agents (July 16th, 2019)

What’s wifh the Zizic highlights? He plays for the Cavs

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard CLE was interested in Bender. Take a chance on him and form a crazy great foursome
He was on my all redemption team on who I wanted the Warriors to take a look at this off-season.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s wifh the Zizic highlights? He plays for the Cavs

I threw a modest trade proposal in there - Stauskas, Zizic, and a 2022 second rounder for Mo Bamba.
He was on my all redemption team on who I wanted the Warriors to take a look at this off-season.

That 21% beyond the arc should rightfully scare a lot of teams away. His best bet may be to join Mirotic overseas.

It's also worth noting that the Spurs had already pick up one lottery ticket off the floor in Trey Lyles.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Carter's next team needs to be ESPN, replacing Paul Pierce on NBA Countdown

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2016 was so weird. For Boston I jumped around who to take at 3.

Bender and Chriss with by far the highest ceiling.

Murray or Hield cause the team lacked any kind of shooting.

Dunn was the biggest spot of need (long term pg)

Ironically no idea lead to brown. Poor analytics. Basketball wasn’t his top priority. Very low floor but lacked the ceiling of bender and chriss