• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea how bad I want Manziel to slip down and get drafted by Jerreh.

Same here and you know ESPN will make sure a big deal about it and refernce Marino to death since they kept playing that 30 for 30 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over heading into the draft.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... a team like the Browns desperate for a QB didn't even take him.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... a team like the Browns desperate for a QB didn't even take him.

Honestly, couldn't they get him with their second round pick? This was a year that no QB might have gone in the 1st round and they got him with #3.

And then the Bills trade two picks (including a first rounder!) next year for a WR... in a draft chock full of great wide receivers!

:L This makes no sense.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, couldn't they get him with their second round pick? This was a year that no QB might have gone in the 1st round and they got him with #3.

And then the Bills trade two picks (including a first rounder!) next year for a WR... in a draft chock full of great wide receivers!

:L This makes no sense.

Yeah that was an awful deal for the Bills.
True they could get him with the second pick in the round, not laughing at the Browns pick they got a good DB but I find it funny no one wants Manziel.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone convince me why the Bills trade with Cleveland was horrible for the Bills.

I think it was the right move at the right time.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone convince me why the Bills trade with Cleveland was horrible for the Bills.

Are you ok with losing a first next year for a WR? Watkins will be very good it is a lot of value they gave up to move up from 9 to 4.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they probably could have traded back got an extra pick and even got Odell Beckham who just went at #12.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ok with losing a first next year for a WR? Watkins will be very good it is a lot of value they gave up to move up from 9 to 4.

The Bills haven't made the PO's in 14 years now, and if this is something they need to do to get them over the hump, then so be it.

There is a good crop of receivers in this year's draft, but Watkins IS the Premier WR of this year's draft, and has the potential to step right in as the #1 receiver on the Bills.

There was no way he would have been on the board at #9, so the Bills did what they had to do to get him.

The Bills desperatley needed a #1 WR to help EJ out, and to ignite the passing game for the Bills. If you remember, the main thing the Bills lacked last Season was a passing game. The running game and defense was pretrty solid, so getting Watkins was a smart move.

I'll worry about the Bills giving up their 1st Round pick next year based on how they do next Season. Sometimes you have to go big or go home. Playing it safe all the time just keeps the wheels moving, but you end up going nowhere most of the time.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they could have gotten a really great WR and not traded away two picks next year. And because if you are going to trade away picks like that, I think it should be for a DE, QB, or CB who is well above the others not available. It might be the right fit for their need, but seems like a lot of value lost when the need could have been addressed later (or soon after).

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to remember that the Bills need to win now with a new owner on the horizon, and they need to start filling seats if they want to convice everyone that the Bills should stay in Buffalo.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to remember that the Bills need to win now with a new owner on the horizon, and they need to start filling seats if they want to convice everyone that the Bills should stay in Buffalo.

An exciting wide receiver can definitely help with that.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they could have gotten a really great WR and not traded away two picks next year. And because if you are going to trade away picks like that, I think it should be for a DE, QB, or CB who is well above the others not available. It might be the right fit for their need, but seems like a lot of value lost when the need could have been addressed later (or soon after).

Sure, that's like saying Detroit could have passed on Calvin Johnson with the 2nd pick and traded back to get Ted Ginn Jr instead.

The only issue I feel that people have about the trade is the fact the Bills are giving up a 1st Round pick next year. But to get the 4th overall pick and the best WR in the draft, what team wouldn't want a 1st Round next year?

Like I said, if the Bills don't make the trade, they don't get Watkins. Another receiver just wouldn't be quite the same for a team that desperatlely needs a #1 receiver like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a huge gamble and hopefully it pays off for the Bills they need something.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy with Jake Matthews! We needed protection and needed it bad for Matty Ice

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we all can agree watching Manziel slip is awesome.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if the Browns might trade for Cousins. A first round pick for him would be a coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.