• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading that one of the sticking points is the refs pension. Most of these ref's have great jobs as their first source of income some lawyers, doctors and corporate big wigs.

So why would they be concerned about going to a 401K plan? I must be missing something here. The pay is going from $150,000 to $190,000 so what's the fucking problem?

Not a bad gig for a part time job. Did I read correctly?

You read it correctly Boss. $150,000 to work for 6-7 months or so.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG game this week Boss. Best of luck to your Bills but not this Sunday or November 11th either :D

Yep, Good luck but not this week. We may get Freddy Jackson back and possibly C.J. but it should be a good game.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was steamed after MNF by the way. I consider us 1-2, even if the league doesn't.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Good luck but not this week. We may get Freddy Jackson back and possibly C.J. but it should be a good game.

I have both on various FF teams. I hope they do well yet lose the game :lol:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was steamed after MNF by the way. I consider us 1-2, even if the league doesn't.

I don't, I'm OK with the win. Like I said earlier, the way they won still leaves a bit of an empty feeling, but people are way too focused on the last play of the game and not the bad calls that existed throughout the game, mostly in the 2nd half. That's what the real travesty was. People talk about the Jennings Int/Tate TD, but I have seen next to no one mention the Kam Chancellor PI that kept Green Bay's only TD drive alive. It was 3rd and 5 midway through the 4th quarter, Kam made a beautiful play to break up what would have been a first down and they threw a bogus flag. If the refs don't do that and GB has to punt, it's impossible to say how the game would have finished. I agree the game sucked, I wish we would have gotten to see the game how it should have been, but that just wasn't how it was gonna be. But I will say this. It's not like the real refs haven't screwed teams over in the past as well. The thing that bothers me most about this is that people seem to be bitching and putting the locked out refs up on a pedestal like they can do no wrong. I guarantee that the first week back the real refs make a controversial call that one team's fans will claim cost them the game.

69dk5w.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked.

The NFL ruled today that it will not fine any players who went off on Twitter about the replacement refs.

tells me that the league isn't valuing the replacements anymore though,
so the deal must be close.

Just thinking about this a little bit more tonight and I think this a bad decision by Goodell. Doesn't this pretty much make it open season on blasting refs via social media if a player don't agree with a call? Also, if the league decides to fine a player for questionable tweets, that's really hypocritical judgment.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking about this a little bit more tonight and I think this a bad decision by Goodell. Doesn't this pretty much make it open season on blasting refs via social media if a player don't agree with a call? Also, if the league decides to fine a player for questionable tweets, that's really hypocritical judgment.

I think the league realizes the Replacement Refs messed up big time. They have no choice, but to support the replacement refs because they put themselves in this situation & have to live with the consequences. If players & coaches mouth off about the regular Refs they're TOAST.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AP_Sports: NFLs' Roger Goodell: "Our officials will be back on the field tomorrow night."

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take the win and run and do not worry a second about it. It was a weird call at the worst time of the game but there have been and will be other bad calls that affect the outcomes of games. It happens, even with real refs.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the win and run and do not worry a second about it. It was a weird call at the worst time of the game but there have been and will be other bad calls that affect the outcomes of games. It happens, even with real refs.

Yup. The Holy Roller, 6 for Pittsburgh & the Super Bowl in which it seemed like everytime the Seahawks made a good play there was a penalty called against them. Every team has had a win or a loss decided by the refs at some point I guess.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the officiating, my take away from this game was that the Seachickens can play some D. The NFC west is definitely getting better.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the officiating, my take away from this game was that the Seachickens can play some D. The NFC west is definitely getting better.

I don't think it's out of the question that the NFC West could potentially produce 3 playoff teams this year.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lost in Monday's game was the fact that the Seahawks had 8 first half sacks. That's a tremendous pass rush.

Still though, Green Bay better step it up if they want Aaron Rodgers to live through the year.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will say this. It's not like the real refs haven't screwed teams over in the past as well. The thing that bothers me most about this is that people seem to be bitching and putting the locked out refs up on a pedestal like they can do no wrong. I guarantee that the first week back the real refs make a controversial call that one team's fans will claim cost them the game.

lol

This is the truest thing said in this thread.
They'll just do it faster and more decisively.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Find some positive in it. It is what brought the real refs back. :thumb:

Win-win for you. :lol:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that hasnt been brought up as a catalyst for getting the real refs signed was gambling. I know someone a bit back in this thread said that gambling on the nfl in the past 3 weeks was a big adventure ... i dont agree at all ... and neither does the gambling public ... vegas volume is up 30% compared to last year at this time ... and has increased every week leading up to week 3

the trend is the home crowds were starting to intimidate the replacement refs. I heard yesterday the amount of money going on home teams was starting to adjust lines (in some cases) a full point

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but apologizing makes you look weak, Roger...

''Obviously when you go through something like this, it's painful for everybody,'' Goodell said on a conference call about 12 hours after the deal was struck. ''Most importantly, it's painful for fans. We're sorry to have to put fans through that. Sometimes you have to go through something like that in the short term for the right agreement for the long term.''

Status
Not open for further replies.