• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I hated dealing with Colts fans. Look, I understand cheering for PeyPey...he WAS the Colts. But that's just...no.

I am particularly amused by it because I have been seeing a ton of "die hard" Ravens fans wanting to see Elway lose over what he did to the Colts like 30 years ago. Colts fans, who have a reason to hate Elway are okay with it. People who should have moved on years ago - still angry.

/Elway was right, by the way.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 Things I Learned After America Learned About Me- Richard Sherman

Richard Sherman?s 10 Thoughts Leading Up to Super Bowl XLVIII | The MMQB with Peter King

It was a pretty good list and a nicely written piece. The only one I thought was a little off was this...

6. The NFL always wins. Every time a game ends on a controversial call or somebody loses it on camera, it’s free advertising for the NFL. It’s not just my name being talked about on all the shows; it’s the NFL’s logo on all the shows. That means more eyes on the Super Bowl, more clicks for their websites, and potentially more sales of my jersey, for which I don’t see a kickback. Even when they’re taking money out of my pockets with fines, the league is constantly winning.

He's not wrong, but the NFL pays TONS of salary to players of that is part of the bargain you and your union struck, so I know he doesn't make a ton, but he'll get his as do all the great players. Nobody is feeling sorry for you (or any pro athletes) on that front.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
:yes:

Who is it?

google tells me that is Lady Gaga (Born This Way video)
good body, crazy as a shithouse rat

video-lady-gaga.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Patrick Stewart ‏@SirPatStew ·18m
Football!

BfUXOhNIUAAdJq0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
google tells me that is Lady Gaga (Born This Way video)
good body, crazy as a shithouse rat

video-lady-gaga.jpg

Boy. I'm glad my gif only had the backside view. YARGGGH.

Yamma hamma!! It's fright night!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am particularly amused by it because I have been seeing a ton of "die hard" Ravens fans wanting to see Elway lose over what he did to the Colts like 30 years ago. Colts fans, who have a reason to hate Elway are okay with it. People who should have moved on years ago - still angry.

/Elway was right, by the way.

Elway was right, but man was he a dick about it. Watching that 30 for 30 on him made me lose a lot of respect for him. At least for his younger self. A lot of 20-somethings act that way, so it's not overly shocking. I did have to remind myself that it's a bit odd to think of being drafted in my own field. I'm allowed to pursue work anywhere I'd like, I have the freedom to do that...but NFL players have their destination chosen for them. So I can't completely fault him for choosing to have a say in things, but the arrogance with which he went about it was staggering. Look at Jim Kelly. Not a consensus top of the first pick, but he didn't want to go to Buffalo...but he did.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victoria is raising a 12th man flag at the provincial legislature at noon today.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prop bet for Russell Wilson rushing yards on Super Bowl Sunday: 33 yards

Give me the over, please.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was right, but man was he a dick about it. Watching that 30 for 30 on him made me lose a lot of respect for him. At least for his younger self. A lot of 20-somethings act that way, so it's not overly shocking. I did have to remind myself that it's a bit odd to think of being drafted in my own field. I'm allowed to pursue work anywhere I'd like, I have the freedom to do that...but NFL players have their destination chosen for them. So I can't completely fault him for choosing to have a say in things, but the arrogance with which he went about it was staggering. Look at Jim Kelly. Not a consensus top of the first pick, but he didn't want to go to Buffalo...but he did.

The Mannings did everything they possibly could to get Eli out of San Diego. They even insulted the owner of the Chargers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://blogs.canoe.ca/slam/sports/pron-star-savanna-samson-says-shed-make-movie-with-legion-of-boom/

The 5-foot-5, 46-year-old, who spent most of her career with Vivid, then offered up what she predicted would be one of the most “legendary” adult videos in the unlikely scenario it ever came to fruition.

“For a legendary, best of all Vivid celebrity sex tapes it would be with the Legion of Boom,” she said.

She then referred to fictitious film as being a “foursome.”

I think she needs to check her math (lol).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a pretty nice rendition of 'America the Beautiful'

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82