• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell?
just talking about sheer volume here

morenocry.gif

LOL. I saw that live.

Tear ducts on steroids?? :noidea:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see it, only know of it from Facebook. Anyone have video or a gif of Mike Tomlin running onto the field on his horse and using his rail gun to execute that Ravens player?

Sounds pretty harsh.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Rob Ford is many things, but you can't call him a bandwagon fan (I've recently seen him in a Leafs, Argos, and Bills jersey).

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Rob Ford is many things, but you can't call him a bandwagon fan (I've recently seen him in a Leafs, Argos, and Bills jersey).

All at the same time dash? :lol:

Sorry about the temper tantrum yesterday but that game was awful. I'm reading the Buffalo News and Arron Williams said he "Pleaded" with the ref to tell him what player he touched and " He wouldn't answer me". Robey said "We both went for the ball, in fact HE pushed off and we got tangled up, I don't understand why they called PI". You know me (and IPW) if the Bills or Sabres stink it up we are the first to say so but that was just absolutely pathetic and not to mention very costly. Not just the Bills game but what is up with the fucking officiating this year? DAMN ! OK, I'm ready to move on.

SORRY TO ALL. :suds:

Bills’ DBs fume over penalty calls - Sports - The Buffalo News

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All at the same time dash? :lol:

Sorry about the temper tantrum yesterday but that game was awful. I'm reading the Buffalo News and Arron Williams said he "Pleaded" with the ref to tell him what player he touched and " He wouldn't answer me". Robey said "We both went for the ball, in fact HE pushed off and we got tangled up, I don't understand why they called PI". You know me (and IPW) if the Bills or Sabres stink it up we are the first to say so but that was just absolutely pathetic and not to mention very costly. Not just the Bills game but what is up with the fucking officiating this year? DAMN ! OK, I'm ready to move on.

SORRY TO ALL. :suds:

Bills’ DBs fume over penalty calls - Sports - The Buffalo News

Sorry to bump but I wanted to apologize again guy's.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Boss, everybody has to vent from time-to-time, can't keep that stuff bottled up inside, that's when damage can be done. It was a bad PI call, both players were hand-fighting, ref should have kept the nylon in the pocket. Too bad Carpenter didn't get a chance to kick the field goal for the win in regulation.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering what is up with the officiating this year. I have seen a lot of extremely weird calls or no calls. The Gronk incident in the end zone. I don't like the Pats but WOW !!! Tomlin steps ON THE FIELD and sticks his foot out? I know he didn't kill the guy but the player said "I thought, is he coming on the field?" By rule he is not even supposed to be on the 6 foot white zone let alone on the field. Two coached have been penalized for that this year. A phantom "illegal contact" call on a player playing zone and not within 10 yards of another player. A couple of the late games had some weird shit as well.

I just don't recall ever seeing this many obvious fuck-ups. I know I'm not imagining it I am just wondering what the hell is going on?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Boss, everybody has to vent from time-to-time, can't keep that stuff bottled up inside, that's when damage can be done. It was a bad PI call, both players were hand-fighting, ref should have kept the nylon in the pocket. Too bad Carpenter didn't get a chance to kick the field goal for the win in regulation.

Thanks dash, I was actually more concerned about the phantom "illegal contact" call on Williams but both were bad. It was almost funny because they went to show the replay on Fox for the penalty and the color commentator said "Ok there's Williams....Um......I....Um I really don't see anything um" and they thought maybe they got number wrong and couldn't find another player doing it and he just said " Um, I don't know what he saw". That's just pretty bad.

Oh well Life goes on but like I said in my other post I'm concerned about an epidemic of calls this year in a lot of games are not even close and I don't get it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers could be looking at a six-figure fine and maybe the loss of a draft pick for Tomlin sticking his foot out into the field of play.

The Mike Tomlin sideline incident on Thursday when he stood too close to the field and forced Ravens returner Jacoby Jones to change his path has received a ton of attention, and it was probably assumed by most people that the league would fine him and that would be that.

But a report on Sunday indicated the league is really, really angry and perhaps ready to overreact.

NFL.com reported that not only does Tomlin face a fine, which ESPN said could be six figures, but the Steelers face a fine as well and might be stripped of a draft pick too.

That's utterly ridiculous.

Most likely, the league leaked this to put fear into any team that is even thinking about getting a little too close to the field on their sideline to disrupt a run, as Tomlin did. There's no way the NFL would strip the Steelers of a draft pick over that play ... right?

Fox's Jay Glazer had reported that the league had warned teams about sideline interference the day before, so that might play into the punishment. Still, to go from not even getting a penalty flag on the play to losing a draft pick seems extreme, to say the least.

But, if the NFL is sending a message by letting it be known the Steelers might lose a draft pick over that play, it will probably work. You can be sure that nobody will be anywhere near the restricted area of the sideline the rest of this season.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers could be looking at a six-figure fine and maybe the loss of a draft pick for Tomlin sticking his foot out into the field of play.

The Mike Tomlin sideline incident on Thursday when he stood too close to the field and forced Ravens returner Jacoby Jones to change his path has received a ton of attention, and it was probably assumed by most people that the league would fine him and that would be that.

But a report on Sunday indicated the league is really, really angry and perhaps ready to overreact.

NFL.com reported that not only does Tomlin face a fine, which ESPN said could be six figures, but the Steelers face a fine as well and might be stripped of a draft pick too.

That's utterly ridiculous.

Most likely, the league leaked this to put fear into any team that is even thinking about getting a little too close to the field on their sideline to disrupt a run, as Tomlin did. There's no way the NFL would strip the Steelers of a draft pick over that play ... right?

Fox's Jay Glazer had reported that the league had warned teams about sideline interference the day before, so that might play into the punishment. Still, to go from not even getting a penalty flag on the play to losing a draft pick seems extreme, to say the least.

But, if the NFL is sending a message by letting it be known the Steelers might lose a draft pick over that play, it will probably work. You can be sure that nobody will be anywhere near the restricted area of the sideline the rest of this season.

That's Great! I hope they do throw the book at them but.... and I am trying not to beat a dead horse my point is WHY didn't they throw a flag? The play is obviously right under their nose because that's where the runner was. One of the linesmen or ref's MUST have seen it. The guy is at least seven feet from where he should be standing and on the field. That's my concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints - Seahawks tonight should be a gooder. Go Seahawks!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woot! Avril knocks Brees arm and the ball lands in the lap of Michael Bennett, 22 yards later, it's a Seahawks TD!

10-0 good guys.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait for it....wait for it...TD Seahawks (Wilson to Miller).

17-0

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wait for it....wait for it...TD Seahawks (Wilson to Miller).

17-0

offense almost at the end of 1
Seahawks: 134
N'Awlins: 9

oh, and the Seahawks defense has a TD as well

pretty, pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.