• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be, Brady never yells he just brushes it off and moves on.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots didn't seem to mind earlier in the Season, when an obvious holding penalty wasn't called on them, and led to them winning the game.

If this penalty was called, the clock would have had a 10 second run off, and the Saints would have won the game.

SaintsPatriotsHolding.gif

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why they should make penalties reviewable. As long as you limit the number of challenges, what is the harm?

Can of worms my friend, can of worms.

That's like asking why baseball doesn't get rid of the Umpire and put in a computerized strike zone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots didn't seem to mind earlier in the Season, when an obvious holding penalty wasn't called on them, and led to them winning the game.

If this penalty was called, the clock would have had a 10 second run off, and the Saints would have won the game.

SaintsPatriotsHolding.gif

I've seen people complain about that sort of play being called holding.

It's obviously holding. But when it's called on a scoring play, fans complain that it should have been let go.

When it's not called on a scoring play, fans complain that it wasn't called.

It should always be called, and then we don't have this debate.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might hurt the referees feelings if they reviewed penalties.

Lol.

Can of worms my friend, can of worms.

It's not as long as you limit the number of challenges. You as a coach just have to decide how to use them. The only thing I understand not being reviewable is once they've blown the whistle. It makes sense because you can't tell the players the play is dead and then review something after that point. Sports rulemakers do a lousy job creating nuanced and complicated rules which make sports harder to referee and lead to more mistakes.

That's like asking why baseball doesn't get rid of the Umpire and put in a computerized strike zone.

I've been a proponent of that for years. Balls/strikes are probably the worst refereed activity in any major sport. It will happen eventually.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it's not PI, it is holding or illegal contact downfield, and an automatic first down regardless.
Can't be illegal contact. According to the rule, the QB must still have the ball for there to be illegal contact. Rule 8, Section 4, Article 3. The contact clearly happens after the pass is in the air so the only possibility is PI.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been a proponent of that for years. Balls/strikes are probably the worst refereed activity in any major sport. It will happen eventually.

I can't wait until a manager loses it and starts to kick dirt on the plate arguing balls and strikes and a robotic dog is sent out to chase the manager away.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Lt. Frank Drebin behind the plate calling balls and strikes than a robot.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez at least when Ed Hocholi messed up & gave a game to the Broncos a few years back he apologized for it. As a Chargers fan I respect Ed a great deal for what he did. The officials of last nights game should be ashamed of themselves. This is coming from someone who can't stand the Patriots as well.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are 4-6. I predicted a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft. When you don't play disciplined football you lose football games. It's that simple.

How weird is it that they currently have the 8th overall pick, yet are still in the hunt for a Wild Card spot?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How weird is it that they currently have the 8th overall pick, yet are still in the hunt for a Wild Card spot?

They've got no shot at it though. Just about every team in front of them including the Raiders have the tiebreaker against them. I have faith in my team to keep a top 10 pick. I fully expect them to find their way into the top 5.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got no shot at it though. Just about every team in front of them including the Raiders have the tiebreaker against them. I have faith in my team to keep a top 10 pick. I fully expect them to find their way into the top 5.

They do have a tough stretch of games coming up to end the Season. I could see them wininng 2 or 3 of the final 6 to end up at 7-9. That loss to Miami was a real kick in the balls.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a tough stretch of games coming up to end the Season. I could see them wininng 2 or 3 of the final 6 to end up at 7-9. That loss to Miami was a real kick in the balls.

I expect them to finish 6-10. That should be bad enough to finish in the top 10. Teams like Pittsburgh & the Giants are playing much better of late. The Bills will likely finish ahead of them in the standings as well.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills will likely finish ahead of them in the standings as well.

The Bills have a very favorable remaining schedule, but that is only on paper. They should be able to win 4 of their final 5 games to finish 8-8, but they are still the Bills.

The other question is whether 8-8 will be good enough to make the PO's in the AFC, and right now it seems to be.

:hope:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills have a very favorable remaining schedule, but that is only on paper. They should be able to win 4 of their final 5 games to finish 8-8, but they are still the Bills.

The other question is whether 8-8 will be good enough to make the PO's in the AFC, and right now it seems to be.

:hope:

If Manuel can play like he did on Sunday the Bills have a good chance to do exactly what you say they can. As for the playoffs I think they've got a shot like almost everyone in the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.