• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, that's the kicker

c6a02cc702953af890af791dbf963a11_large

That's also a spear. Led with head, arms at side, crown of helmet. Dangerous hit to both the guy and himself. Seriously should've been 15 yards + fine.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to the Colts.

They were 36-12 from 08-10. Sucked for Luck to the tune of a 2-14 record when their QB went down. And now have gone 16-7 since.

They worked the system good. Almost as good as they worked over Baltimore decades ago.

Class organization.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I came into this season thinking 7-9 would be a great improvement over last year. held out hope for 9-7.
But last undefeated team in the NFL going into week 8....flabergasted

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they purposefully tanked some games in 2011? Honestly?

I think they actually sucked that bad. A good quarterback goes a long way in the NFL. They didn't even have a legitimate third-stringer on their roster. They never needed one, to be honest.

Look at the turnaround in Kansas City. They have a legitimate quarterback now. Smith isn't elite, but he's always had the talent, and he's recently grown to be a pretty smart player who at least won't cost his team victories, while also being capable of making some plays. That and the coach are the two biggest changes from last year to this year for them, and it's paying off.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they actually sucked that bad. A good quarterback goes a long way in the NFL. They didn't even have a legitimate third-stringer on their roster. They never needed one, to be honest.

Look at the turnaround in Kansas City. They have a legitimate quarterback now. Smith isn't elite, but he's always had the talent, and he's recently grown to be a pretty smart player who at least won't cost his team victories, while also being capable of making some plays. That and the coach are the two biggest changes from last year to this year for them, and it's paying off.

I agree that teams turn it around or drop off in the NFL all the time. There is a tremendous amount of parity in the league. And clearly going from one of the best of all-time in Manning to, well, Curtis Painter is gonna add some Ls. I just think the team was good enough to be a 5-11, 6-10, or 7-9 kinda squad.

But I doubt any team in the league has ever gone from playoffs to 2 wins or less and back to playoffs again.
It's fishy. It's sketchy.

You can make a good argument they didn't, but I think they tanked games.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

...And how many of those games did you watch? - I saw most of them, & what I saw was pretty much what Darkstone42 laid out IMO: A team with no legitimate backup QB, a suspect O-line and a 'bend but don't break' D-line that wasn't used to playing from a points deficit.

The Colts had gotten too used to having the 'Let's put it all on Peyton's shoulders' mentality &, with no Peyton in '11, it burned them badly.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they purposefully tanked some games in 2011? Honestly?

I was going to give you the blah blah blah for the Baltimore comment. They didn't do anything to the government of Baltimore that they didn't richly deserve. Fucking corrupt assholes.

Surprisingly, the Facebooks is not as angry as I was expecting. Most, if they said anything, were gloating over the Patriots loss. But a lot never posted anything. There must have been some kind of horrific Internet service outage, because surely all the people posting the "Knock Knock" Roethlesberger jokes would be there to take their lumps. They're not COWARDS,

One did mention the rematch on Thanksgiving night. Yay for that. Good: I will be ignored by my inlaws after the dried turkey. Bad: I have to drive 450 miles for the privilege. I could just as easily stay home and be ignored, and have the bonus of going black Friday shopping in a place where the primary communications device isn't a shiv.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There shouldn't be a draft lottery in any league that has a salary cap along with revenue sharing. All non-playoff teams should have an equal chance of obtaining the first overall draft pick. That said, I don't think the Colts tanked, I just think they were a terrible team that year.

/There could be plenty of tanking for Connor McDavid prior to the 2015 NHL draft though.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There shouldn't be a draft lottery in any league that has a salary cap along with revenue sharing. All non-playoff teams should have an equal chance of obtaining the first overall draft pick. That said, I don't think the Colts tanked, I just think they were a terrible team that year.

/There could be plenty of tanking for Connor McDavid prior to the 2015 NHL draft though.

The Sabres are practicing for that dash. LOL, The Buffalo News today...Rolston on hot seat after horrendous start They have the wrong guy! Not that I like Rolston but..:L

Rolston on hot seat after horrendous start - Sports - The Buffalo News

Edit: My bad, This should be in the NHL thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries galore this week. Reggie Wayne, Brian Cushing, Sam Bradford all apparently done. Doug Martin possibly done. Jermichael Finley in the hospital where they're celebrating that he has movement in all extremities.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries galore this week. Reggie Wayne, Brian Cushing, Sam Bradford all apparently done. Doug Martin possibly done. Jermichael Finley in the hospital where they're celebrating that he has movement in all extremities.

Everyone mentioned above a key player for their respective teams.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone mentioned above a key player for their respective teams.

Yeah. Some of those teams like Tampa, Houston, and St. Louis weren't going anywhere this year anyhow, but still a big blow.

Tough for Bradford too because who knows where his career goes from here since his $ from STL is guaranteed next year.

And this could be the end of the road for Wayne. Not gonna be easy for a nearly-35 year old (in November) to come back from a torn ACL.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this could be the end of the road for Wayne. Not gonna be easy for a nearly-35 year old (in November) to come back from a torn ACL.

All I can do is stand up and clap for the man. Hope he makes it back, but I don't think he will.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to give you the blah blah blah for the Baltimore comment. They didn't do anything to the government of Baltimore that they didn't richly deserve. Fucking corrupt assholes.

Surprisingly, the Facebooks is not as angry as I was expecting. Most, if they said anything, were gloating over the Patriots loss. But a lot never posted anything. There must have been some kind of horrific Internet service outage, because surely all the people posting the "Knock Knock" Roethlesberger jokes would be there to take their lumps. They're not COWARDS,

One did mention the rematch on Thanksgiving night. Yay for that. Good: I will be ignored by my inlaws after the dried turkey. Bad: I have to drive 450 miles for the privilege. I could just as easily stay home and be ignored, and have the bonus of going black Friday shopping in a place where the primary communications device isn't a shiv.

THAT'S GOLD 43, GOLD!!!!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing stat IPW. Hey IPW I made a comment in the Buffalo News on line paper about Mack from UB. I hope he goes unnoticed and the Bills can pick him up. Can you imagine him and Alonzo together? Mack is a fucking BEAST !!!!! Don't know if you saw the story or not.

Yeah, I have been watching him play this year, and he's been impressive. In the last game, they said a few NFL scouts were there watching him play. One of those scouts was from the Bills, but they didn't say what the other teams were.

I would have to believe he's going to be a player that goes in the 1st Round of the draft next year.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have been watching him play this year, and he's been impressive. In the last game, they said a few NFL scouts were there watching him play. One of those scouts was from the Bills, but they didn't say what the other teams were.

I would have to believe he's going to be a player that goes in the 1st Round of the draft next year.

What timing! I just got off the phone with my son (A UB grad) about Mack and he told me "Dad there is no way he will go unnoticed with the NFL scouts" and I think he's right. The guy is attracting too much attention but we can only dream I guess. Hell I heard one of the guy's on ESPN say he may be the best LB in college FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.