• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I hear that right? Ben Vereen is playing?

ben6.jpg

Wondered what happened to him.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again.

2 minute warning and the Pats have a 1st & 10 from the Bills 41 yard line.

I don't think I can stomach another late minute comeback win against the Bills, especially against the Pats in the 1st game of the Season at Home.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Pats are about to win the game on a last minute FG.

Bills played a lot better than anyone gave them credit for, but this loss really stings considering they were in a position to win late in the game.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats win 23-21.

Saw a lot of promising things in the game for the Bills, and it looks like they might be on their way to turning this Franchise around? EJ looked shakey at first, but pulled it together as the game carried on.

Really worried about the Passing game though. All those fast receivers against a Pats D that is very suspect in the Secondary, and their best receiver was Fred Jackson with only 41 yards.

Jackson was also their best rusher with only 67 yards.

Hats off to the Bills though, they played one hell of a game today against a very tough opponent who everyone thought would blow them out.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Hats off to the Bills though, they played one hell of a game today against a very tough opponent who everyone thought would blow them out.

seems like they really did exceed everyone' expectations today.
so close. got to take positives from that.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like they really did exceed everyone' expectations today.
so close. got to take positives from that.

Yeah, I realize that the Bills are going to have some growing pains until everyone gets settled and comfortable, and I realize that the Bills have 20 new players on the roster this Season from last Season, with most of the key positions having rookies, but I'm getting real sick of seeing the Bills shoot themselves in the foot, and make bad decisions that cost them the game in the end when they were in a position to get a W.

Next up is the Panthers, who played a close game against your Seahawks today. Is the Defense that good for the Panthers, or was it more than just that?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that AD started off the game with a 78 yard TD run, and didn't break the hundred mark.

Looks like he now need to average 160 yards a game the rest of the Season to hit 2500 yards.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that AD started off the game with a 78 yard TD run, and didn't break the hundred mark.

Looks like he now need to average 160 yards a game the rest of the Season to hit 2500 yards.

The announcers were saying that in his career, Adrian Peterson has only averaged 88 yards per game in Detroit.

The only thing Detroit did consistently through both the first half AND the second half was shut him down.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the hype about Tavon Austin, I'm a bit disappointed he only has 3 catches for 20 yards in the 1st half.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fetid puss filled fistula that is the Pats win 23-21.

Saw a lot of promising things in the game for the Bills, and it looks like they might be on their way to turning this Franchise around? EJ looked shakey at first, but pulled it together as the game carried on.

Really worried about the Passing game though. All those fast receivers against a Pats D that is very suspect in the Secondary, and their best receiver was Fred Jackson with only 41 yards.

Jackson was also their best rusher with only 67 yards.

Corrected.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin went nuts on the Packers.

Green Bay looked porous at best on D.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Next up is the Panthers, who played a close game against your Seahawks today. Is the Defense that good for the Panthers, or was it more than just that?

Their d was tough for sure (especially on run game), but SeaHawks' 100 yards in penalties and a fumble inside the 5 after a good drive had an effect on muting the Hawks' offensive numbers.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin went nuts on the Packers.

Green Bay looked porous at best on D.

Of all of the moves Baltimore made, this one is the silliest, IMO. Even though they gave Flacco the MVP, pretty sure a lot of people would agree that Boldin made him look crazy good. He was making catches on balls that had no place being caught.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all of the moves Baltimore made, this one is the silliest, IMO. Even though they gave Flacco the MVP, pretty sure a lot of people would agree that Boldin made him look crazy good. He was making catches on balls that had no place being caught.

Maybe Boldin was a gift from one brother to another?..? Well the Ravens needed to get rid of him or they wouldnt have been able to upgrade their defense like they did and everyone saw the other night!

:)

I have never been a Flacco fan but I will admit he had a tremendous post season. In the Denver game that pass from his own endzone to Pitta on 3rd down in OT was a thing of beauty and a game saver. Boldin was great too. Some of the great catches were still on passes that if the receiver couldn't catch no one else could. I think they both made each other look good.

I hope Boldin has a tremendous year. I understand but dont like the way NFL contracts are rarely honored. A player has a good year, great postseason, then is asked to take a pay cut. I just dont like it.

And if a player holds out, the media and fans often crucify him.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Boldin was a gift from one brother to another?..? Well the Ravens needed to get rid of him or they wouldnt have been able to upgrade their defense like they did and everyone saw the other night!

:)

I have never been a Flacco fan but I will admit he had a tremendous post season. In the Denver game that pass from his own endzone to Pitta on 3rd down in OT was a thing of beauty and a game saver. Boldin was great too. Some of the great catches were still on passes that if the receiver couldn't catch no one else could. I think they both made each other look good.

I hope Boldin has a tremendous year. I understand but dont like the way NFL contracts are rarely honored. A player has a good year, great postseason, then is asked to take a pay cut. I just dont like it.

And if a player holds out, the media and fans often crucify him.

The positives: .500 may win the AFC North *vomits*

Status
Not open for further replies.