• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck-off-meme.jpg
dont_be_a_wanker.jpg
m9pqi0.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had to do it at this point, but it's sad. Philly was the joke of the division before Reid came along. Over the past decade and a half, Philly was the team to beat in the NFC East. Even if he didn't win the big one, he has probably been the best coach over that span after Bellichick. While part of the recent failings are on him, the management in Philly did a lousy job giving him the tools he needed to get the job done. I can't tell you how many years I was so happy Philly didn't go out and add a top receiver. When they finally did, they made the Super Bowl right away, even despite it being the cancerous Owens. Not the ending Reid deserved in Philly, and even though I absolutely hate that franchise, I respect the hell out of Andy Reid. The fans never gave him the support he deserved, but that's Philly I guess. I hope he finds another gig somewhere and I hope he wins the Super Bowl with them.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to do it at this point, but it's sad. Philly was the joke of the division before Reid came along. Over the past decade and a half, Philly was the team to beat in the NFC East. Even if he didn't win the big one, he has probably been the best coach over that span after Bellichick. While part of the recent failings are on him, the management in Philly did a lousy job giving him the tools he needed to get the job done. I can't tell you how many years I was so happy Philly didn't go out and add a top receiver. When they finally did, they made the Super Bowl right away, even despite it being the cancerous Owens. Not the ending Reid deserved in Philly, and even though I absolutely hate that franchise, I respect the hell out of Andy Reid. The fans never gave him the support he deserved, but that's Philly I guess. I hope he finds another gig somewhere and I hope he wins the Super Bowl with them.

As we wont get Payton (Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints agree to five-year contract extension, source says - ESPN) Id take him in Dallas over Garrett.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Reid take that job knowing how Jerry Jones likes to work? I'm not sure. If Jones let the reigns go, that could be a dangerous combo.

we all know the answer to that. but after this disaster of a season and yeah its another disaster under Jones he has to give more freedom to the peoples jobs. I just wish he would step away from the managers role. fuck he even admitted this year hes not done a good job and he should have been fired yet.......

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admire how much he loves his team, but he has to realize that he's an accomplished business mind. He needs to let the accomplished football minds run the team.

The Cowboys have a lot of talent/weapons on their roster. It's just about finding a way to make them fit. We've seen glimpses of it, but I don't think that the players respect their coach enough because he ultimately isn't the one who decides their fate. If they had a coach that had the power to make those decisions, I think that things would start clicking.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admire how much he loves his team, but he has to realize that he's an accomplished business mind. He needs to let the accomplished football minds run the team.

The Cowboys have a lot of talent/weapons on their roster. It's just about finding a way to make them fit. We've seen glimpses of it, but I don't think that the players respect their coach enough because he ultimately isn't the one who decides their fate. If they had a coach that had the power to make those decisions, I think that things would start clicking.

with that stadium they need to start winning. its not like they are going to go anywhere but to keep the fans filling it (and not a shitload of visitors fans) get some better football people in there. that home game would have made a ton of cash for them (ugh god fuck you Romo and that last pick)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also I had ZERO illusions of Dallas actually beating Seattle but it would have been nice to watch a playoff game :(

I think Seattle will beat Washington but it wouldnt surprise me if the skins took it with that crowd behind them

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Monday indeed: Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Bills and Bears all fire coaches, Jets axe their GM

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling if Garrett gets canned Rob Ryan will get promoted to HC, which I'm not a big fan of. I had high expectations when he came in and have been fairly disappointed. Given the Cowboys D has been in shambles, with just about everybody worthwhile either on the IR or playing hurt. But I feel like his blitz packages never work the way they should, they constantly give up 3rd and longs, and all in all he is very predictable. Don't want Andy Reid.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling if Garrett gets canned Rob Ryan will get promoted to HC, which I'm not a big fan of. I had high expectations when he came in and have been fairly disappointed. Given the Cowboys D has been in shambles, with just about everybody worthwhile either on the IR or playing hurt. But I feel like his blitz packages never work the way they should, they constantly give up 3rd and longs, and all in all he is very predictable. Don't want Andy Reid.

Ill admit Im not as knowledgeable on NFL coaches so I see Reid and see the best option (although Lovey Smith intrigues me)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Monday indeed: Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Bills and Bears all fire coaches, Jets axe their GM

Absolute right move for the Jets. Rex was dealt an awful hand with the roster provided to him. The lack of playing time for Tebow shows that Rex wanted no part of that move. They've been letting guys go for 3 years now and have botched multiple drafts of late. GM is to blame.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute right move for the Jets. Rex was dealt an awful hand with the roster provided to him. The lack of playing time for Tebow shows that Rex wanted no part of that move. They've been letting guys go for 3 years now and have botched multiple drafts of late. GM is to blame.

the tebow move was stupid. Sanchez is bad but that move just castrated him. in a way it was fun to watch them this season. you never knew what you would see lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also I had ZERO illusions of Dallas actually beating Seattle but it would have been nice to watch a playoff game :(

I think Seattle will beat Washington but it wouldnt surprise me if the skins took it with that crowd behind them

If it were in Seattle, I'd agree. If RG3 were 100%, I'd feel confident in a win. But since he is not, I think this game is a coin flip.

This will be exciting for Wilson though, getting to see the guy he will lose Rookie of the Year to up close and personal. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.