• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo News conference

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Romo fan but I thought it was pretty classy to come out and get behind the rookie QB who took his job. It stops any Romo/Dak quarterback controversy and it shows Romo is a team first guy. i thought it was good. Probably wasn't necessary, but it was good.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Romo fan but I thought it was pretty classy to come out and get behind the rookie QB who took his job. It stops any Romo/Dak quarterback controversy and it shows Romo is a team first guy. i thought it was good. Probably wasn't necessary, but it was good.

This^^^^ and I hate Romo

Although it seems obvious that Dak is the guy now, and Romo has no choice to say what he did, there is no doubt that there are established veterans both past and present that would not handle this situation as well.....For some reason, Brett Favre comes to mind, I don't think a guy like Favre would have ever conceded his job, no matter how obvious it was that he should

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ok. He said all the right things, but unnecessary... I don't think Bledsoe ever had a press conference when he lost his job and then subsequently sent on the first train to Buffalo.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ok. He said all the right things, but unnecessary... I don't think Bledsoe ever had a press conference when he lost his job and then subsequently sent on the first train to Buffalo.

Different day and age with social media and 24 hour coverage........It actually is necessary in this NFL crazed world we live in today

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Screamin Steven is shouting all day about how Romo is trying to politic the job away from Dak it is needed to do something like this.

Of course now he is screaming that it wasn't neccessary when before he was spreading crap about him. Ugh.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony is a quality person. My team, your team, don't matter. Good SOB!

years ago they play a home Sunday night game, Romo is driving home after the game and see's an older couple on the side of the road with a flat, pulled around and helped the old couple change the tire. Old man called the story in the next day and said the first thing he told Romo when he got out of his car was don't tell me who won...I recorded the game.
There was another story also where he was going out to the movies and saw a homeless guy and took the guy to the movies with him. No doubt Romo is a good human being.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy's would be smart to keep Romo for the rest of this year ... even though Dak has started well he can still hit some bumps in the road, It's not when things are up that you find out about a player, it's when things are down, and Dak hasn't experienced that yet.. It's all been pretty smooth sailing so far...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy's would be smart to keep Romo for the rest of this year ... even though Dak has started well he can still hit some bumps in the road, It's not when things are up that you find out about a player, it's when things are down, and Dak hasn't experienced that yet.. It's all been pretty smooth sailing so far...
There is almost no chance the Cowboys would get rid of Romo this year. It doesn't make sense from a Football or a cap perspective.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is almost no chance the Cowboys would get rid of Romo this year. It doesn't make sense from a Football or a cap perspective.

As I saw somewhere, they've never had a good back-up since say Orton? And two have 2 QBs for $14.5 million that can play ball is a decent outlay? No matter who is starter?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I saw somewhere, they've never had a good back-up since say Orton? And two have 2 QBs for $14.5 million that can play ball is a decent outlay? No matter who is starter?
Exactly. Take your pick who you want to start; if something were to happen the other guy is sitting there waiting to come in. It's quite a good "problem" to have...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Take your pick who you want to start; if something were to happen the other guy is sitting there waiting to come in. It's quite a good "problem" to have...

As I saw on First Take today, it's the wish JJ asked for and for once was granted.

An 8-1 start with a rookie who has played himself into a starter.

And a poor sot who JJ loves like an illegitimate son who coulda, woulda, shoulda, etc. - now as a backup.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed... But stranger things have happened...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a dick or anything but if someone paid me $15 or $20 M a year to sit on the bench as my ego was squashed I'm pretty sure I'd be good with it and put on a happy face.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a dick or anything but if someone paid me $15 or $20 M a year to sit on the bench as my ego was squashed I'm pretty sure I'd be good with it and put on a happy face.

Ed Zachary.

I always thought Kubiak had one of the best NFL jobs ever, giving clip board in Denver for his entire career......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Romos 1st contract negotiating after taking over as the starter. Even though we all knew he could have held out during the offseason to gain a few more million (probably per year) He instructed his agent to get a deal signed so not to disturb their offseason (not hold out) training & practice. Again we are not talking regular season but offseason.
Tony Romo has been a team guy since before anyone knew about him.