• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Parker signs multi-year extension

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker has one year left on his current contract worth $12.5 million, and a person with knowledge of the deal said that the extension which will begin in the 2015-16 season is for three years and $43.3 million. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the terms are not announced.

When it came to the Spurs and the question of what might happen after they won their fifth championship since 1999, it seemed almost inevitable that the band would be back together for next season. But this Parker deal goes well beyond that immediate future, as he will be 36 years old by the end of the contract and the fact that there are no options (player or team) on the extension is evidence enough that he's ready to retire in the silver and black.

Spurs sign Tony Parker to multi-year extension

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker has one year left on his current contract worth $12.5 million, and a person with knowledge of the deal said that the extension which will begin in the 2015-16 season is for three years and $43.3 million. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the terms are not announced.

When it came to the Spurs and the question of what might happen after they won their fifth championship since 1999, it seemed almost inevitable that the band would be back together for next season. But this Parker deal goes well beyond that immediate future, as he will be 36 years old by the end of the contract and the fact that there are no options (player or team) on the extension is evidence enough that he's ready to retire in the silver and black.

Spurs sign Tony Parker to multi-year extension

Must you always copy and paste an article as if it's your own?

Tool.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by the Spurs organization - Parker is one of the best point guards in the NBA and to my knowledge no point guard in the NBA has as many rings as he has.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little pricey for a guy his age. Overpaid out of respect.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tool.
But I'm not trying to pass it off as my own words. If I were, then I wouldn't post the link to the story you stupid fuck.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tool.

:L That's kind of how it works when you are posting from an article. You copy and paste the pertinent part of the article for those who may not want to read the whole thing and include a link for those who do.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L That's kind of how it works when you are posting from an article. You copy and paste the pertinent part of the article for those who may not want to read the whole thing and include a link for those who do.

Most of the articles I have ever read will summarize the entire topic in the first paragraph and then go into the detail that most people don't take the time to read. I didn't have a problem with Jim's article and was glad to see him posting a link. That is something I have seen people get hammered about on other message boards(for not posting a link). I also found over time that when you post the link, you're more than likely going to post the facts and not get mixed up fabricating stories.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, HurricaneDij is a special kind of dumb ass.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm not trying to pass it off as my own words. If I were, then I wouldn't post the link to the story you stupid fuck.

If you're going to blatantly copy and paste an article, you might want to post the link straight up as opposed to the bottom of the post. Or better yet, you might want to put the article in quotes and/or bold it. Otherwise, it looks like plagiarism. My step-father is an English teacher. But, I guess obsessive lowlife internet tactics are what's hip around here, so whatever. I just find it a little odd that Doors is quick to slam Kobe for building himself up when he's done it himself on countless occasions as he desires here on SportsHoopla since joining a little over a year ago.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot and a troll. :suds:

And what do you do know? As a Heat fan trying to sell yourself with the name "Heatles", there are some of us that consider you a troll.

LeBron has even come out an admitted that he was immature the year he dubbed your team with that name.

"That first year in Miami - That was not the guy who fell in love with the game of basketball." - LeBron James during his All-Star interview on NBATV last season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to blatantly copy and paste an article, you might want to post the link straight up as opposed to the bottom of the post. Or better yet, you might want to put the article in quotes and/or bold it. Otherwise, it looks like plagiarism. My step-father is an English teacher. But, I guess obsessive lowlife internet tactics are what's hip around here, so whatever. I just find it a little odd that Doors is quick to slam Kobe for building himself up when he's done it himself on countless occasions as he desires here on SportsHoopla since joining a little over a year ago.

Are you blind? Who cares if he posted the link at the top or bottom of this post. He posted the link there, you just didn't even bother to look and are now bitching about nothing.

And what do you do know? As a Heat fan trying to sell yourself with the name "Heatles", there are some of us that consider you a troll.

LeBron has even come out an admitted that he was immature the year he dubbed your team with that name.

"That first year in Miami - That was not the guy who fell in love with the game of basketball." - LeBron James during his All-Star interview on NBATV last season.

Who cares what my avatar name is on here? It could be Kool Moe Dee and no one would give two shits. You're the only one who considers me a troll and that's because I always poke holes in every argument you make. Especially during the regular season when you and Lone Granger were talking shit about the Pacers being the best team in the league November-January. You two bitches were nowhere to be found once March came around though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed so hard at Doors response, I nearly fell back in my chair - I have never seen him get so mad. That was funny

To be fair, he was basically called a plagiarist, when that clearly wasn't the case.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles a troll?!? I doubt you can find a single other poster on these boards who would agree with that.

Wanna guess how many others would consider YOU a troll?

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he was basically called a plagiarist, when that clearly wasn't the case.

I know it - but the way he said just came out funny and to be honest - it was nice to see someone besides me getting pissed off:lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it - but the way he said just came out funny and to be honest - it was nice to see someone besides me getting pissed off:lol:

Totally agree with you. I'll give Doors credit, he gave the perfect comeback on that one.