• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Bruno

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has been brought up fellas, so I apologize if it has.

That guy has been causing a stir the last couple days. I haven't heard much of him, but the little I've heard him when he's on with Radnich, I don't like all that much. He's ok, but he kind of has an air of arrogance to him and he doesn't seem to know the game of baseball all that well. He seems like a guy who tries to hard to be funny rather than giving actual sports knowledge.

What are your thoughts on him?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a Giants fan. Why does KNBR seem to hire a bunch of hosts who do not even like the local teams?

I do not really like any of the KNBR hosts. I find that I listen to the local San Diego sports radio (XX 1090) MUCH more than KNBR. Are there any KNBR hosts worth my time?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ same.

Another loud talking head. He pretty much laughs that gutteral laugh of his during half his segment.

Talk trash but calling ramirez an illegal alien wasn't cool.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a Giants fan. Why does KNBR seem to hire a bunch of hosts who do not even like the local teams?

I do not really like any of the KNBR hosts. I find that I listen to the local San Diego sports radio (XX 1090) MUCH more than KNBR. Are there any KNBR hosts worth my time?

Not really any KNBR hosts are good yet alone great. I don't mind Murph and Mac in the morning, but I'd hardly qualify them as great (maybe not even good.....maybe "listenable" is the term). My major bone of contention is that none of the radio personalities seem to have a ton of knowledge on 1 sport, yet alone many.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bruno is criticizing those who criticizes him for their lack of knowledge. The irony here is that Bruno, besides his racists comment, called out Bochy for "gutlessly" ordering Ramirez to drill Victorino. But we know Bochy discourages that kind of action, which makes Bruno both ignorant and a racist.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not really. Listen for the occasionally interesting guests, which you can always get to on the KNBR website podcast section. So, really, no reason to listen to KNBR live.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never liked Tony Bruno. I agree with the comments above that he offers little or no insight. His act is really only about comedy, but I've never found him to be very funny. I'm cool with KNBR having non-local personalities come in, but they should use people who are actually talented and knowledgeable about sports, not just comic relief. KNBR already has enough comedy with Radnich and Tom Tolbert (though Tom's comedy is mostly unintentional, I think).

We'll see how Bruno's ignorant, racist comments affects his popularity. He has been very popular for a while now. It was a totally uncalled for, unacceptable statement by him. It reveals his true feelings inside.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Marty Lurie's weekend shows.