• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tonight is the night!!!!!!!!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors bench was terrible last night, but overall it is a plus bench.

Two major things affected the productivity of the second unit.

1) Harrison Barnes usually gets a quick pull in the first quarter and is reinserted as the stretch 4 with the second unit. With him being unavailable, this forces the Warriors to use a make shift rotation of Rush with the second team. He's not nearly as effective as Barnes with that second team in every facet, especially defensively.

2) Barbosa was also out for the team. The reason the 2nd team fell behind was because they didn't have another capable scorer out on the floor. Barbosa is our spark plug and another 3 point shooter to space the floor.

The typical second unit looks like: Livingston, Barbosa, Iguodala, Barnes and Ezeli. That's much different than Livingston, Clark, Iguodala, Rush and Ezeli.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors bench was terrible last night, but overall it is a plus bench.

Two major things affected the productivity of the second unit.

1) Harrison Barnes usually gets a quick pull in the first quarter and is reinserted as the stretch 4 with the second unit. With him being unavailable, this forces the Warriors to use a make shift rotation of Rush with the second team. He's not nearly as effective as Barnes with that second team in every facet, especially defensively.

2) Barbosa was also out for the team. The reason the 2nd team fell behind was because they didn't have another capable scorer out on the floor. Barbosa is our spark plug and another 3 point shooter to space the floor.

The typical second unit looks like: Livingston, Barbosa, Iguodala, Barnes and Ezeli. That's much different than Livingston, Clark, Iguodala, Rush and Ezeli.
My concern with them is the fact that they're 1st in the league in offense, and 16th in defense. 7th in Defensive Rating, but they should be higher. Weren't they #1 last year?

They're winning with offense, which is great because no other team has the defense to stop them. hence why I want to see them play the Spurs or the Heat. #1 and #2 defenses in the league.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with them is the fact that they're 1st in the league in offense, and 16th in defense. 7th in Defensive Rating, but they should be higher. Weren't they #1 last year?

They're winning with offense, which is great because no other team has the defense to stop them. hence why I want to see them play the Spurs or the Heat. #1 and #2 defenses in the league.

This is why Steve Kerr is missed as a head coach. Ron Adams is still there (who runs our defense), but Steve Kerr was the one who helped get this team on track defensively. Another thing he helped do was reduce the turnovers, which the team is producing at a high rate right now.

Luke Walton is of the Phil Jackson school of basketball and will let the team just play through rough patches. Steve Kerr is in the Pop mode where he'll call a timeout 30 seconds into the game if he sees something he doesn't like. He'll call a timeout to stop a run by the opposition. He'll also call a timeout if the offense gets lazy and sloppy, which lead to transition points for the opposition. Luke does not. This is what I believe is a huge factor in the defensive efficiency.

I have no concerns with the team defensively. When Kerr gets back, they'll get back up to the top 5 in the league in defense. It's who the Warriors are and who they need to be.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Steve Kerr is missed as a head coach. Ron Adams is still there (who runs our defense), but Steve Kerr was the one who helped get this team on track defensively. Another thing he helped do was reduce the turnovers, which the team is producing at a high rate right now.

Luke Walton is of the Phil Jackson school of basketball and will let the team just play through rough patches. Steve Kerr is in the Pop mode where he'll call a timeout 30 seconds into the game if he sees something he doesn't like. He'll call a timeout to stop a run by the opposition. He'll also call a timeout if the offense gets lazy and sloppy, which lead to transition points for the opposition. Luke does not. This is what I believe is a huge factor in the defensive efficiency.

I have no concerns with the team defensively. When Kerr gets back, they'll get back up to the top 5 in the league in defense. It's who the Warriors are and who they need to be.
Where do you think the Warriors' biggest flaw is? It seems to the fans that they have none. I'm not being a smartass btw, just asking an honest question.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think the Warriors' biggest flaw is? It seems to the fans that they have none. I'm not being a smartass btw, just asking an honest question.

Defensive rebounding and turnovers.

Offensively, it's really hard to nitpick, but more than half of the Warriors turnovers are self-inflicted. They get lazy with passes and taking care of the ball, when extended further out on the court. I have no problems with turnovers in the flow of the game, but the stupid ones are hard to watch. Most times they lead to easy transition buckets for the other team because many of their turnovers happen near the 3 point line or further out.

Defensive rebounding is always going to be a problem for the Warriors. Most teams have the luxury of having two guys who can consistently get on the glass and clean up. The problem for the Warriors is that they switch everything on defense, and it draws guys like Barnes and Draymond away from the hoop for defensive rebounding purposes. What this means for the team is that the entire team needs to gang rebound. There are lots of inconsistency when that is how your team has to rebound.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offensively, it's really hard to nitpick, but more than half of the Warriors turnovers are self-inflicted. They get lazy with passes and taking care of the ball, when extended further out on the court. I have no problems with turnovers in the flow of the game, but the stupid ones are hard to watch. Most times they lead to easy transition buckets for the other team because many of their turnovers happen near the 3 point line or further out.

Defensive rebounding is always going to be a problem for the Warriors. Most teams have the luxury of having two guys who can consistently get on the glass and clean up. The problem for the Warriors is that they switch everything on defense, and it draws guys like Barnes and Draymond away from the hoop for defensive rebounding purposes. What this means for the team is that the entire team needs to gang rebound. There are lots of inconsistency when that is how your team has to rebound.
not only that, but the Warriors don't have nearly as much height as some other teams do. Green is a great rebounder, and Barnes can be. That really seems to hurt more these days with the quality and quantity of great big men in the league.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To further my point on the defensive rebounding, say the Warriors are playing the Clippers, with both teams using their starting squads. CP3 and Blake run a pick and roll and Draymond switches out on the CP3. Now you've drawn your second best rebounder away from the hoop and have Jordan and Blake both there, while only really having Bogut back there.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that, but the Warriors don't have nearly as much height as some other teams do. Green is a great rebounder, and Barnes can be. That really seems to hurt more these days with the quality and quantity of great big men in the league.

Height is not an issue for the Warriors because they negate it with versatility. Skill is more important to what the Warriors are trying to accomplish.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers will get exposed tonight.

Paul George is amazing (like MVP candidate amazing), but I see Golden State killing them if they decide to go small ball (which Indy has a lot this year) You can't beat them in their own game.

GS- 119
IND- 105
Pretty darn close. Kudos.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January 11th....we got this
I know this is off the topic but I find it interesting that a certain Cavs fan was talking about the Heat like they were the worst team in the league and aren't they #1 in the East right now?

Also, care to share why you think LBJ sat out the game against his former team & friends? I have my thoughts....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their turn overs. If teams can make them pay when they turn it over they will have a shot at winning.
Also, teams have to stop cheating on defense and stay disciplined. An example is with screens- run through them instead of under them or teach the guys to recognize when help is needed. As soon as Steph and most of the other 3 point shooters see this it's the opportunity they need to get that shot off clean...and it usually goes in. It's better to give up 2 points than 3, especially when the team you're giving them to shoots the 3 ball particularly well.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their turn overs. If teams can make them pay when they turn it over they will have a shot at winning.
Also, teams have to stop cheating on defense and stay disciplined. An example is with screens- run through them instead of under them or teach the guys to recognize when help is needed. As soon as Steph and most of the other 3 point shooters see this it's the opportunity they need to get that shot off clean...and it usually goes in. It's better to give up 2 points than 3, especially when the team you're giving them to shoots the 3 ball particularly well.
That's a big problem with the Spurs. They tend to go under screens when they don't need to, especially against better 3pt shooting teams.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with the rebounding if this were 10 years ago when there were still traditional centers out there. There are only a couple of guys in the league averaging double digit boards.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with the rebounding if this were 10 years ago when there were still traditional centers out there. There are only a couple of guys in the league averaging double digit boards.

The problem isn't just the guys dominating the boards, but really the Warriors give away a rebounding advantage on nearly every play. If either one of Barnes or Green is drawn out on the perimeter, it puts a lot more pressure on the guards to rebound. It's the scheme of the defense that creates this. Just logically, if you draw one of your three biggest guys away from the hoop at any one time, you're going to be at a rebounding disadvantage. Gang rebounding is essential for the switching scheme that the Warriors have. Draymond is a fantastic rebounder but you don't see his rebounding numbers near 10. That's because a large portion of the game he's just not in a position to rebound.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big problem with the Spurs. They tend to go under screens when they don't need to, especially against better 3pt shooting teams.
A lot of guys do it...probably because it's easier than pushing through and they think they're quick enough to make up the space. In some cases it works for them. In the case of the Warriors- Steph & Klay in particular- this is a big mistake because they have such a quick release on their shot.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't just the guys dominating the boards, but really the Warriors give away a rebounding advantage on nearly every play. If either one of Barnes or Green is drawn out on the perimeter, it puts a lot more pressure on the guards to rebound. It's the scheme of the defense that creates this. Just logically, if you draw one of your three biggest guys away from the hoop at any one time, you're going to be at a rebounding disadvantage. Gang rebounding is essential for the switching scheme that the Warriors have. Draymond is a fantastic rebounder but you don't see his rebounding numbers near 10. That's because a large portion of the game he's just not in a position to rebound.
True, however, gang rebounding works for them because it opens up more options in terms of where the ball ends up. I would rather see gang rebounding than 1 or 2 guys in the paint fighting for a rebound on every possession. The odds are much better.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of guys do it...probably because it's easier than pushing through and they think they're quick enough to make up the space. In some cases it works for them. In the case of the Warriors- Steph & Klay in particular- this is a big mistake because they have such a quick release on their shot.

It's not just guys going under screens, it's the hard doubles in the pick and roll and also the hard hedges from the opposing bigs. Normally this is the way to go when you have one great shooter. The problem is that you're not simply giving up a 2 instead of a 3. The 2 becomes another 3 because of the attacking and penetration the Warriors get off the P&R.

The Warriors are fantastic passers and have a plethora of shooters on the court at any one time. Even if you go over the screen, the problem becomes what do the Bigs do? Do they hedge? If they do, this creates a 4 on 3 where the defense has to sag to give help, leaving another shooter open. If the big doesn't hedge or come up high, Curry has a wide open shot, with the defender trailing.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, however, gang rebounding works for them because it opens up more options in terms of where the ball ends up. I would rather see gang rebounding than 1 or 2 guys in the paint fighting for a rebound on every possession. The odds are much better.

Yeah, I'm not saying what they do is bad, it's great. Gang rebounding is great, but it still doesn't take away from it being difficult to do.