• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: tOfficial Super Bowl Kansas City vs Tampa Bay 6:30pm EST on CBS

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very, very good! But with the OL injuries there's also a pretty obvious Achilles heel and Tampa (impressively) obliterated it last night. Both things can be true.

Yeah the OL being out really screwed the Chiefs which yeah makes the Offense so much better. Allows Hill to go 40 yards downfield. I am a little surprised they didn't try to run the ball a little more. I know that's not there thing but the BUCSS were stopping the passing game and saying, we know you can't run so run and we can rush Mahomes at will

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the OL being out really screwed the Chiefs which yeah makes the Offense so much better. Allows Hill to go 40 yards downfield. I am a little surprised they didn't try to run the ball a little more. I know that's not there thing but the BUCSS were stopping the passing game and saying, we know you can't run so run and we can rush Mahomes at will
I am not even sure you could run the ball if you wanted to with that OL is the thing against a run D that good. Maybe more than they did, but I am not really sure what you do outside of making the passing game shorter.

Just SOL. Tip the hat to Tampa.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even sure you could run the ball if you wanted to with that OL is the thing against a run D that good. Maybe more than they did, but I am not really sure what you do outside of making the passing game shorter.

Just SOL. Tip the hat to Tampa.

True but I would have thought they would have at least attempted to slightly switch it up coming out of halftime because clearly what their gameplan was absolutely was not working

Tampa had a hell of a defense lined up and executed it to perfection

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be. Because of position, might even have a better chance than Hill, IMO.

Of course he is, there may not be a record for Tight Ends he doesn’t break

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you as far as essentially throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Health and some tweaks on both sides of the ball and we should be OK. We'll see how it goes, though...
I did come away thinking if Browns can upgrade the D this offseason (like the O last offseason) we can hang with KC.....but they still look like they can be damn good for a while.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is an argument for running the ball more but if/when the Chiefs lost you'd having everyone blaming Andy Reid for running the ball against one of the best run Ds in football instead of airing it out.

The correct approach against the Niners last year was to run. This year should have been to pass. I think if people would have seen how much the Chiefs struggled against the Broncos and Falcons later on in the season then you could see that the Chiefs offense wasn't nearly the well oiled machine its been in the past. Some people thought it might show up right away in the playoffs but it didn't until the Super Bowl

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm with Moose here and its the other way around. Mahomes is pretty amazing, Kelce and Hill are good, and everyone else that was playing on offense is basically replacement level.

Kelce is pretty great and Hill is a unique weapon though he isn't going to win many jump balls another #1 WR might. That's really his only downside imo. Mahomes is still on track to be a 1st ballot HOF'er.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is, there may not be a record for Tight Ends he doesn’t break
I just don't know how long Kelce lasts.

Pretty confident he hits 10k. Less he hits 12k. 15k and beyond would be an incredible feat given how old he was when he entered the league.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you as far as essentially throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Health and some tweaks on both sides of the ball and we should be OK. We'll see how it goes, though...
Health for sure.

An important thing for the Chiefs is that Veach needs to keep drafting well. Some of his FA moves kinda stunk but he has been a good drafter. Chiefs can't fall in love with one or two positions thinking that some rookie is going to come in and save the Chiefs in a bad spot but they do need to make sure they hit with their draft picks to keep the talent level up over the course of many seasons.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health for sure.

An important thing for the Chiefs is that Veach needs to keep drafting well. Some of his FA moves kinda stunk but he has been a good drafter. Chiefs can't fall in love with one or two positions thinking that some rookie is going to come in and save the Chiefs in a bad spot but they do need to make sure they hit with their draft picks to keep the talent level up over the course of many seasons.
For the most part I agree. though Shark is someone I'd also consider kicking to the curb. Dude disappears too much imo...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 14 mill cap space for the Bucs and Godwin. Gronk, Fornette and Suh are FA's.....

i think barrett is as well

AB is also.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes was running for his life damn near the whole game and on the few occasions when he did manage to get a catchable pass off....his WR's didn’t catch it. He didn’t look great, but it wasn't all his fault.....coaching wasn't very good either.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think barrett is as well

AB is also.
I think AB and Gronk will come back on decent deals....and the Bucs may trade for Edelman or Amendola to give him somebody else to throw to if Godwin leaves.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AB and Gronk will come back on decent deals....and the Bucs may trade for Edelman or Amendola to give him somebody else to throw to if Godwin leaves.

Edelman may be a free agent. AB takes Godwin’s place. I agree that AB and Gronk come back on team friendly deals

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Reid was Reid with clock mismanagement end of half. someone should have told him this Brady guy is pretty good and if they are gonna run out the clock KC should let them.

Yeah, the first timeout was very questionable, but I guess you could argue that they have Mahomes and can score again. However, when it was 3rd and short, calling timeout there is a bad decision, as the chances of the Bucs converting for a first down are pretty good at that point.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be. Because of position, might even have a better chance than Hill, IMO.

Kelce is a lock. Regarding his position, I believe he actually lines up more as a WR.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very, very good! But with the OL injuries there's also a pretty obvious Achilles heel and Tampa (impressively) obliterated it last night. Both things can be true.

OL was the Achilles heel. Pun intended?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I agree. though Shark is someone I'd also consider kicking to the curb. Dude disappears too much imo...
I'd imagine he is on the team for at least one more year. I think there is an out at the end of this season and I'd say there is a good chance he is gone if he doesn't have a good season.

Sammy Watkins seems like the first, obvious cut. I feel like Daniel Sorenson should probably not return, either, and I believe that contract is up. I think WR and S are arguably two of the most important positions with how the Chiefs currently run their offense and defense so I wouldn't be shocked if they get picked in the draft and everyone thinks its a terrible idea.

Damien Williams will likely return at RB and LDT at G. Lucas Niang is a developmental OT prospect who will get added to the mix. Gay was a raw LB prospect who maybe as an impact next year.