• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Stanford vs UCLA thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... They lost to Washington, but because they got the head to head win over Oregon they go to the CCG? Even though Oregon has the better record in the division?

They have the same record in the division, but Stanford has a 1/2 game lead because of the head-to-head

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh phew... I get it now. For some reason I forgot the other Stanford loss was ND.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is can Stanford beat UCLA in the PAC 12 CCG next weekend.

Hard enough beating a team twice, let alone it being one week later.

I'll bet the spreads a lot closer than today's 35-17.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA was obviously scared to face Oregon. Terrible play calling throughout the game.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both teams played a very vanilla game. Hardly any blitzes from either side. Stanford's D-line dominated the game. Hundley took too long to get the ball out at times and his receivers had trouble separating from the DBs and catching the ball. Not a great combo for the Bruins. I doubt next week's game at the Farm will be much different.

UCLA's O-line is young and thin. They can't handle the more physical D-lines they face. The good news is they have a pretty good class coming in on the O-line so hopefully they should be a little older (the current freshman gain a year) and deeper (the new freshman are hopefully better than the current scrub back ups).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would have been fun beating UCLA again in Autzen for the PAC crown.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ last year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams played a very vanilla game. Hardly any blitzes from either side. Stanford's D-line dominated the game. Hundley took too long to get the ball out at times and his receivers had trouble separating from the DBs and catching the ball. Not a great combo for the Bruins. I doubt next week's game at the Farm will be much different.

UCLA's O-line is young and thin. They can't handle the more physical D-lines they face. The good news is they have a pretty good class coming in on the O-line so hopefully they should be a little older (the current freshman gain a year) and deeper (the new freshman are hopefully better than the current scrub back ups).

Re-matches are advantage to the team that lost the first time.

Reason is that the losing team can see how they got beat and make adjustments. The winning team looks at how they won and does the same thing.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Re-matches are advantage to the team that lost the first time.

Reason is that the losing team can see how they got beat and make adjustments. The winning team looks at how they won and does the same thing.

I don't think things can get worse for UCLA in the next game, but I just don't think they will be much better. UCLA will need a brilliant game plan to negate Stanford's dominance on the D-line. It's not impossible but losing in the trenches is a huge disadvantage that UCLA will have to overcome.

The only thing I've thought of is they need to run more quick slants (they held off on that today). They also ran one screen that was successful but I think Stanford's linebackers are too good for that to work too often. We saw how successful they were in getting sideline to sideline against Oregon and how disciplined they were.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think things can get worse for UCLA in the next game, but I just don't think they will be much better. UCLA will need a brilliant game plan to negate Stanford's dominance on the D-line. It's not impossible but losing in the trenches is a huge disadvantage that UCLA will have to overcome.

The only thing I've thought of is they need to run more quick slants (they held off on that today). They also ran one screen that was successful but I think Stanford's linebackers are too good for that to work too often. We saw how successful they were in getting sideline to sideline against Oregon and how disciplined they were.

Agreed on the trenches.

The game is won up front..