• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Night Shift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to stay in college, I would definitely had gone to community college for my first 2 years and transfer for junior. It's such a cakewalk.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to private school until my family moved to a county with no private schools in junior high. Everyone thought I was a genius when I got to public school.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small Public, but actually I went to Community college Sophomore/Junior/Senior year, so call me misinformed.

I can tell you from a lot of experience, that there can be huge differences.

Education, for instance. Before I first switched from public to private, I was in advanced classes. When I went to the private school, I was way behind... I had just barely learned what a noun & adverb were, these guys were diagraming sentences... I would have just been starting pre-algebra, most of these kids were in Algebra 2.

Huge difference in racial makeup, class size, athletic opportunities (LOL) also.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start in the fall, sir.

You'll need connections after your residencies and internships

edit: what field of medicine do you want to pursue?

double edit: I mean't residencies and internships. herp derp

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... did I just live in a good school district or something?

One thing I learned is that, like most things, schools are what you make them. You get out what you put in.

All the public schools I went to were/still are good schools, but it's hard compare schools with limited budgets & lots of students to a school that has a nearly unlimted budget & maybe only 200 students in k-12.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interventional Radiology is looking pretty nice. Close to a half a million average salary... Great hours too.

Then you better have incredible boards and GPA. You underestimate the competitiveness to land experience outside of school.

edit: that is if you want to live in a city and make decent money

double edit: while medicine is a specialty degree, it's much easier to land a job after law school then after medicine. I wish you good luck, though.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he went to some business school.

If I told you both where I went to middle/elementary school, you would never give me enough shit :L

LOL

They make Business K-12 schools? I took basic accounting in 2nd grade.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a problem, trust me.

Here is some advice, my dad used to be on the board of admission for UCSF for anesthesia and I've asked him about it before: Do as much shit outside of school while you are in. It is almost twice as hard to get into residencies as it was 30 years ago. If you have any background in athletics/arts/service, do some when you are free of school

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the boarding school I went to, the private schools were quite liberal (for this are anyway).

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I remember when we had "talks" in middle/elemen. school about gay people as we had 2-3 that were gay. None of us had any idea what was going on at the time, but we'd all meet in the assembly area.

Status
Not open for further replies.