• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Night Shift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That baby in your avi is awesome, IPW. LOL @ him looking all thoughtful and sech.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have some anxiety about it, though? Is it just the interviewing and applying part?

Not really. It's just really competitive out here. I was dating a bar back for my friends bar last year when I was getting ready to leave my job, and I said to him that maybe I'd ask the owner about working there. The dude actually got mad at me and was like, "NO! I'm the next bartender there! I've been backing there too long and if he gives you the job just because you're a girl I will flip out!"

It just kind of feels like it's hard to get in to that position. I was backing for my friend the other night and he told me I would have to probably ask a place to work for free (tips only) while I learned the job before they'd consider paying me.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll come to that for me...

over-confidence-he-d-laugh-if-he-knew-where-i-kept-the-key-demotivational-poster-1264175021.jpg

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. It's just really competitive out here. I was dating a bar back for my friends bar last year when I was getting ready to leave my job, and I said to him that maybe I'd ask the owner about working there. The dude actually got mad at me and was like, "NO! I'm the next bartender there! I've been backing there too long and if he gives you the job just because you're a girl I will flip out!"

It just kind of feels like it's hard to get in to that position. I was backing for my friend the other night and he told me I would have to probably ask a place to work for free (tips only) while I learned the job before they'd consider paying me.

Well it ain't exactly easy pickings around here either, but you should get started anyway. Some bars have to be looking for actual applicants, and you just need to tell them that you're the best.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but Vee is pushing 30 and should be looking for a career, not a job.

How many people are working in a bar till they retire at 60-65?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you know what else? The bar that would be easiest for me to work at? .... I punched a beer out of the owners hand a few weeks ago cause he made a rude crack about me. Now he likes to say, "Hold on to your beers everyone! Vee's here!" when I walk in.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She did her undergrad at UC Berkeley and med school at UCLA so she's pretty damn smart. :noidea:

I could see doing that to study for exams or tests, but on a daily basis? If she's having to utilize every 10 minute block of her entire semester she doesn't belong there...

Don't take that as me calling her stupid though, I'm sure she's very intelligent if she got into UCLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.