• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Night Shift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anywaaaaaaays. My aunt owns a bar a few hours away and she keeps telling me to come up and work for her on the weekends so I can make some cash and get experience but....she lives really far away and I don't have a car. So I'mma need someone to just like....give me a job.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two are both confusing me. I thought med-school students have no time for fun, let alone other work.

Also, Vee, three hours to get weekend work? Doesn't one of your friends own a bar near you or something?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two are both confusing me. I thought med-school students have no time for fun, let alone other work.

Also, Vee, three hours to get weekend work? Doesn't one of your friends own a bar near you or something?

A couple of my friends own bars. And everyone they know asks them for jobs. I don't want to be that person!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ you!! I don't know why though. Just run with it. :llama:

Running is what I do best.

stickhorse.gif

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you worked in the past?

I worked at the same place for over eight years before I quit last year. In a doctor's office. I started working there when I was 19! Before that I just had regular teenager jobs: Old Navy, Starbucks (I KNOW), Pizza place, etc..

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Med School is extremely tough from what I've heard and observed, (Know friends going through it) but if you're spending all your time going to class and studying you probably don't belong there...

My friend Becca is an ER surgeon now and I remember her telling me when she was in med school that she had to get those kid markers you could use in the shower so she could write her notes on the shower walls/door and study in there.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked at the same place for over eight years before I quit last year. In a doctor's office. I started working there when I was 19! Before that I just had regular teenager jobs: Old Navy, Starbucks (I KNOW), Pizza place, etc..

Deal with patients much? That's costumer service. You have enough experience to convince a bar owner, if you really want to do that. Don't get in your own way, you know you can talk someone into hiring you. They want to see confidence. You don't have to BE confident you just have to tell them you're like a ready made shot seller.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Med School is extremely tough from what I've heard and observed, (Know friends going through it) but if you're spending all your time going to class and studying you probably don't belong there...

Well. I have an obsessive former classmate who is now at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, but he probably could have had more fun. He was just obsessive. Although from what I hear, he did actually go out and enjoy life during medschool.

By obsessive I guess I mean EXTREMELY studious. He is one thorough guy.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal with patients much? That's costumer service. You have enough experience to convince a bar owner, if you really want to do that. Don't get in your own way, you know you can talk someone into hiring you. They want to see confidence. You don't have to BE confident you just have to tell them you're like a ready made shot seller.

Like I said in the other thread, I barback for my friends sometimes when they're really swamped. People LOVE me behind the bar. I can talk to anyone and I get all smiley.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread, I barback for my friends sometimes when they're really swamped. People LOVE me behind the bar. I can talk to anyone and I get all smiley.

You seem to have some anxiety about it, though? Is it just the interviewing and applying part?

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend Becca is an ER surgeon now and I remember her telling me when she was in med school that she had to get those kid markers you could use in the shower so she could write her notes on the shower walls/door and study in there.

I don't think it'll come to that for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.