• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know he was a fifth round pick out of Utah?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 6 on Tyrod.

Sucks. Since this game doesn't mean anything for the bengals, I wouldnt mind seeing Tyrod do really well

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod played pretty well today and it was mostly against Cincy's 1st teamers. The pick 6 wasn't all that egregious. I've seen worse from far better QBs. Tyrod actually moved the ball better today with the 2nd string than Flacco has for much of the year with the starters. Maybe with the read option gaining more traction with the successes of Wilson, RG3, Cam, and Kapernick; someone might try to give Tyrod a shot.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Hall has been playing lights out so far.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he actually played a heckuva game...i didn't want to punch him in the face one time..well...except the punt return...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall hasn't shut anyone down like that since he was in Atlanta. He usually just jumps routes for picks and gets burned. Did he bump his head?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hall hasn't shut anyone down like that since he was in Atlanta. He usually just jumps routes for picks and gets burned. Did he bump his head?

I've always thought he's at his best when he's locked in with a big time receiver all game. As physical as he plays, if the team can get pressure and manage the rest of the field, he can bottle up his guy as well as anyone. It backfires too, but for one game, sometimes you got to roll the dice. I think the threat that it's soley his success or fault in that matchup motivates him pretty well. He can be a cocky and selfish MFer, but those attributes can be properly harnessed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought he's at his best when he's locked in with a big time receiver all game. As physical as he plays, if the team can get pressure and manage the rest of the field, he can bottle up his guy as well as anyone. It backfires too, but for one game, sometimes you got to roll the dice. I think the threat that it's soley his success or fault in that matchup motivates him pretty well. He can be a cocky and selfish MFer, but those attributes can be properly harnessed.

He was also helped because the refs took the night off and let them play old school football. Not that I'm complaining, I wish they'd call it like that every week. But you have to admit, the way its usually called, he (and plenty of others on both sides) got away with a lot of PIs.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken link? I get nothing

Works for me.

Bruce Taylor
Marcus Davis
Corey Fuller
Nick Becton
Vinston Painter

Glad to see Corey get invited.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He was also helped because the refs took the night off and let them play old school football. Not that I'm complaining, I wish they'd call it like that every week. But you have to admit, the way its usually called, he (and plenty of others on both sides) got away with a lot of PIs.

I certainly agree on that point. Wish they'd let them play more often (although Sunday was perhaps a swing too far in that direction).

HTTmfR!