• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial March Madness Bracket Challenge Thread

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? It's only Iowa State.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its not. You're wrong. You don't understand the rules and its not you're fault because for the last few years, the refs have gotten really bad at enforcing what a charge is. It's gotten so bad that teams actually coach players to fall down in a halfass way just to see if they can get a charge call. Duke does that shit all the time. For a true charge, the defensive player has to establish position and the offensive player invades that position in his shot motion. If the offensive player is already in his shot motion before a defensive player has established position, its a block.

Craft slides under after the ISU player is going up. He's a second or two late, but he's still late. It's a block.

This wasn't even in question, Craft was there in time. The questionable call was if his foot was on the line, even if a players' foot isn't touching the line and it is over the line it is a block.

The refs got it wrong, but it is a difficult call from his pov. And Craft made a hell of a play, but he definitely there in time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? It's only Iowa State.

ISU is one of the best 3 pt shooting teams in the nation, when they get hot they can contend with the best. I think they are 2nd or 3rd best team in that region at a 10 seed.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISU is one of the best 3 pt shooting teams in the nation, when they get hot they can contend with the best. I think they are 2nd or 3rd best team in that region at a 10 seed.

They were one of the most potent offenses in the nation this year:

4th in PPG
21st in rebounding
14th in assists

Out of 300+ teams, that's damned impressive. They had 6 guys average 9.2 ppg or more this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were one of the most potent offenses in the nation this year:

4th in PPG
21st in rebounding
14th in assists

Out of 300+ teams, that's damned impressive. They had 6 guys average 9.2 ppg or more this year.

I knew it would be tough, but I still underestimated ISU. I think they had Elite 8 potential in that team. So I am just happy to get a win, now on to Zona. Don't know much about them, but they killed Harvard and Belmont.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it would be tough, but I still underestimated ISU. I think they had Elite 8 potential in that team. So I am just happy to get a win, now on to Zona. Don't know much about them, but they killed Harvard and Belmont.

I knew Iowa State would give us trouble as soon as I saw the bracket. They were inconsistent, but when they brought their best they were a good team. Plus they had that damned ex-Spartan Lucious.

Arizona is very talented and will definitely give us a game, but they're wildly inconsistent. They'd lost 3 of 5 coming into the tourney, including an 11-point loss to 14-18 USC. It's tourney time, though. It's gonna be a fun one, that's for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Iowa State would give us trouble as soon as I saw the bracket. They were inconsistent, but when they brought their best they were a good team. Plus they had that damned ex-Spartan Lucious.

Arizona is very talented and will definitely give us a game, but they're wildly inconsistent. They'd lost 3 of 5 coming into the tourney, including an 11-point loss to 14-18 USC. It's tourney time, though. It's gonna be a fun one, that's for sure.

Yeah fucking Lucious didn't miss.

I know Zona has size though. 7 footer, 6'9", and 6'8" guys. But I like our chances if Craft or Scott is on Lyons.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've refed. They got it right. He can slide as the guys is in the air as long as when the contact is made he has position and he did.

Well you sucked as ref then bud because you're dead wrong. This is from last year when the NCAA updated the rules for more clarification the block charge:

Before the offensive player (with the ball) becomes airborne, the defender must have two feet on the floor, be facing the opponent and be stationary to draw a charge. Otherwise, it should be a blocking foul.

Secondary defenders (help defenders) moving forward or to the side are also in violation and those should be blocking fouls.

Craft is a secondary defender on the play. He never establishes legal guarding position before the ISU player becomes airborne. You yourself even admitted he was sliding but the rule states he must be stationary. It's a block, not a charge. Period.

This wasn't even in question, Craft was there in time. The questionable call was if his foot was on the line, even if a players' foot isn't touching the line and it is over the line it is a block.

The refs got it wrong, but it is a difficult call from his pov. And Craft made a hell of a play, but he definitely there in time.

Everyone is focusing on the foot but its still wrong from every perspective. Want to break it down? The rules official said the call was incorrect saying that Craft's foot is hovering above the restricted area, thus he's not in legal guarding position. Which is true so the call was blown in that respect. But why is his foot hovering? BECAUSE HE WASN'T SET. He hasn't established position. He's still moving. He slid underneath and contact was made after the ISU player was in his shot motion. It's a straight up block from all ways you view the rule and the refs got it wrong on multiple fronts.

That's the problem with the block/charge call in basketball today. It's an epidemic to where people don't even know what a charge is. Refs reward players for sliding in and falling down regardless of if true defensive position was ever established in the first place.

FWIW, I had OSU winning so its not like I'm upset. But ISU definitely got a raw deal on that at a critical juncture of the game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is focusing on the foot but its still wrong from every perspective. Want to break it down? The rules official said the call was incorrect saying that Craft's foot is hovering above the restricted area, thus he's not in legal guarding position. Which is true so the call was blown in that respect. But why is his foot hovering? BECAUSE HE WASN'T SET. He hasn't established position. He's still moving. He slid underneath and contact was made after the ISU player was in his shot motion. It's a straight up block from all ways you view the rule and the refs got it wrong on multiple fronts.

That's the problem with the block/charge call in basketball today. It's an epidemic to where people don't even know what a charge is. Refs reward players for sliding in and falling down regardless of if true defensive position was ever established in the first place.

FWIW, I had OSU winning so its not like I'm upset. But ISU definitely got a raw deal on that at a critical juncture of the game

Just bc he only had his tiptoe down doesn't mean he wasn't set. He wasn't moving at all when the defender made hks move to the basket. He was set, I watched it a million times. But his foot was over the line so still a block.

But from the refs' perspective you have to make that charge call bc you see on foot outside the line and the other one he can't see. It was a bang bang play, someone is gonna be upset it just happened to go our way. Refs aren't perfect and I don't believe that determined the game. We should of killed em, OSU gave up a 13 pt lead with 5 to go.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brackets are ugly, but it'll improve. I have OSUx losing to IU and Florida losing to Duke in the final 4.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brackets are ugly, but it'll improve. I have OSUx losing to IU and Florida losing to Duke in the final 4.

I guarantee you will be wrong on both of those matchups.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh 2 seperate brackets :L

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a #15 seed ever made the sweet 16 before?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini-Miami game is a good one so far.

10 all