• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Huskers Bullshit Thread-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
">>On how Nebraska will try to contain Northwestern dual-threat quarterback Kain Colter, Pelini said: “You’ll have to wait until the following Saturday…we’ll be ready.”>>Pelini rebuffed his and Nebraska’s critics."

chances he eats his words on this and Colter gets at least 100 rushing and 150 passing?

i say a solid 78% chance

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex and Abdullah have only lost a fumble a piece, right?

It's Taylor who is the turnover machine. It shouldn't be that way anymore........this is his 4th year at Nebraska, 3rd year starting.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
">>On how Nebraska will try to contain Northwestern dual-threat quarterback Kain Colter, Pelini said: “You’ll have to wait until the following Saturday…we’ll be ready.”>>Pelini rebuffed his and Nebraska’s critics."

chances he eats his words on this and Colter gets at least 100 rushing and 150 passing?

i say a solid 78% chance

put up or shut up Bo!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it takes balls for Pelini to come out and say we will be ready and we will stop Colter.......1 game after putting up horrendous stats Defensively against a running QB.....

If he does it, it means he finally realized he needed to make changes...........and he probably played more of a role on the Defensive side of the ball in practice.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex and Abdullah have only lost a fumble a piece, right?

It's Taylor who is the turnover machine. It shouldn't be that way anymore........this is his 4th year at Nebraska, 3rd year starting.

He's still loose with the ball. Shitty pocket awareness and ball security.

He swings the ball behind his back when he sprints forward away from the rush, basically putting it on a platter for the pursuing defender.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard several times that Bo has played more of a role with the Offense in practice than he does with the Defense as he feels completely comfortable with Papuchis running the show.

That is where you fail as a head coach right there........

Just like Damon said the other day, as a head coach, your responsibility isn't just to fill the staff with a bunch of guys who have names......your responsibility is to make sure you hire guys who cover in areas where you lack as a coach, and to make sure you continue to coach in the areas where you have knowledge.

Time for Bo to take over the Defense. Just because he is calling the shots on the sideline doesn't mean he's working with them in practice.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it takes balls for Pelini to come out and say we will be ready and we will stop Colter.......1 game after putting up horrendous stats Defensively against a running QB.....

If he does it, it means he finally realized he needed to make changes...........and he probably played more of a role on the Defensive side of the ball in practice.

just like how it took balls for him to say "despite what you guys think i haven't forgotten how to coach defense"....that turned out well :dhd:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like how it took balls for him to say "despite what you guys think i haven't forgotten how to coach defense"....that turned out well :dhd:

True.....but his back wasn't against the wall then. He just simply believed that we would start playing better......

Now he must prove himself. He has come right out and stated that "we will be ready"..........."watch us stop him"

I'll be watching.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Damon Benning is such an amazing coach. Did he even win a single game at that shitball highschool?

I love his player insight but I laugh when he critiques coaching styles.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bo has never been a "name hire" guy. Saying papuchis is any such thing is just flat out untrue.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.........poor poor Northwestern. They are playing Nebraska at the worst possible time they can.....

Nebraska just gave up 63 points on National TV...........and now Bo is determined to prove everyone wrong. And he's got 2 weeks to figure out how......

The only thing that could be worse for Northwestern is if the game was in Lincoln.

We are going to beat them badly.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I wish Bo was one, because I know for a fact mike stoops could do a better job with this defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong either.......I'm not overlooking Northwestern. I've been saying ever since the season started that Northwestern was the one game I'm worried about more than any other game on the schedule..........they look like a better team than us on paper.

They have now stepped into an unfortunate situation. Nebraska is going to show up to play next Saturday.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna get my hopes up. The unfortunate situation is Nebraska's defense.

The unfortunate situation is that yes, we just got blown out on national television and we have to go on the road to a team with a better offense that tOSU's and statistically just as good of a run defense.

And they don't turn the ball over.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the wake up call we needed........I seriously trust Bo's Defensive knowledge.

I remember when he first came here, and he took the worst Defense in the history of Nebraska football from 2007, and turned them into a respectable Defense by the end of 2008. He knows what he's doing.

I think he just got too comfortable after the first couple of seasons with the way things were going Defensively and started to turn to the Offensive side of the ball. He needs to stay the hell AWAY from the Offensive side of the ball. Just let Beck do his thing now.........hell, in fact, let Beck put the players he wants into the game.

Bo needs to get back over on the Defensive side of the ball and stay there. Let Papuchis walk around at practice and yell........or whatever..........but you get your ass in there as a head coach and coach the Defense cot dammit.

I still remember seeing the clips in 2008 and 2009 where Bo was out there running around with the Defense in practice, screaming at them, pointing out where they need to be, fucking tackling guys out there......

He was a man then, and then he decided that the Offense needed to change in order for us to get better. He was right, but now it has changed, and he needs to get his ass back over to where he belongs and stay there.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin, Michigan and SCAR last season should have been wake up calls.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who prides himself in taking the safeties under his wing, they sure have been terrible.

I sincerely hope he actually has been neglecting them/the defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin, Michigan and SCAR last season should have been wake up calls.

Agreed, but they weren't.

I hate to keep bringing Damon into this, but that guy knows what he's fuckin talkin about, and he has brought up several great points here lately.

As he said, those weren't wake up calls because as a head coach, you start to believe that those are isolated incidents and that things are just going to get better. You could tell by Bo's tone after those games, he wasn't down, he was just pissed.

After this game against Ohio State, his tone was different. He knew that things needed to change. I absolutely guarantee you things are changing as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.