• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% No Doubt

It's sure looking like another runner up trophy to me.

I kind of want the Thunder to win though so I can actually root hard for a team in the finals. If the Warriors win it will be hard for me to root hard for them as I can't stand Green.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of want the Thunder to win though so I can actually root hard for a team in the finals. If the Warriors win it will be hard for me to root hard for them as I can't stand Green.

Rooting for Green >>>>>>> then rooting for James.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is a crap shoot. Kid is immature and kind of a head case. I fear what happens to him when he does get the 100+ million. I want him in Miami, but it's not like he is the missing piece to a Heat title. There are so many good free agents this offseason. Bottom line, I trust Pat Riley to put together the best possible lineup. Sometimes things don't work out, but I'll take my chances with Riley.

Wade isn't leaving. If Miami craps out and Bosh retires, Whiteside leaves, and no big name free agents come here, Miami will like sign Wade to a 2 year deal worth way more than market value as a life time achievement contract similar to how the Lakers did Kobe. They have Whiteside and Richardson on cheap contracts... It would suck as far as being at best a low seed playoff team for the next two years, but those are breaks sometimes.
yah i wouldnt sign whiteside with some of the other guys out there--- like Batum?- in todays NBA a wing/big that can stretch the 3 and guard multiple positions? WAAAAAAY more valuable than a slow plodding center that cant stay on the floor when certain lineups are out there.

We have seen it all throughout these playoffs- that type of center is DEAD unless you want to build your team around the guy like a Drummond or Cousins- and Whiteside is not NEARLY good enough to build around.

This free agent class is thin though- you are wrong in that--- especially since it would be shocking to see Durant leave at this point. There are VERY FEW free agents with a LOT of teams with cap space- when you have few high level free agents and a NBA RECORD for cap space- its simple Supply and Demand---- this is one of the worst years in NBA history to go into the free agent market when you consider those factors.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i wouldnt sign whiteside with some of the other guys out there--- like Batum?- in todays NBA a wing/big that can stretch the 3 and guard multiple positions? WAAAAAAY more valuable than a slow plodding center that cant stay on the floor when certain lineups are out there.

We have seen it all throughout these playoffs- that type of center is DEAD unless you want to build your team around the guy like a Drummond or Cousins- and Whiteside is not NEARLY good enough to build around.

This free agent class is thin though- you are wrong in that--- especially since it would be shocking to see Durant leave at this point. There are VERY FEW free agents with a LOT of teams with cap space- when you have few high level free agents and a NBA RECORD for cap space- its simple Supply and Demand---- this is one of the worst years in NBA history to go into the free agent market when you consider those factors.

Right.
We get it.
Whiteside = terrible value
Tristan = awesome value

#onlyyou
#clueless

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh stays healthy were ok.
If Bosh retires were solid starting in '17.
Our problem will be if either A or B don't happen.
if Bosh retires how are you ok in '17? you would have NOTHING besides Dragic. AND a 74 year old Riley, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's hilarious is that he thinks Whiteside is some slow, plodding center.
did u watch the playoffs? he had to be taken off the floor time and time again...the Charlotte series was embarrassing...the whole Hornets game plan was for Lin and Walker to put Whiteside in as many pick and rolls and cook him to a fine crisp- and it happened over and over again.

those guys just arent guys you pay in todays NBA...spend your money on shooters and versatile defenders- plodding centers? dime a dozen unless you intend to build your team around them howard/cousins/drummond style.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Bosh retires how are you ok in '17? you would have NOTHING besides Dragic. AND a 74 year old Riley, lol.

We'd then have his salary cap space available plus a lot more.

#durantwestbrook

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u watch the playoffs? he had to be taken off the floor time and time again...the Charlotte series was embarrassing...the whole Hornets game plan was for Lin and Walker to put Whiteside in as many pick and rolls and cook him to a fine crisp- and it happened over and over again.

those guys just arent guys you pay in todays NBA...spend your money on shooters and versatile defenders- plodding centers? dime a dozen unless you intend to build your team around them howard/cousins/drummond style.

He was injured.
It was basically his rookie season and he accomplished quite a bit, and he has much more room to grow.
Only thing that stops him is himself.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was taken off the floor in the Charlotte late in the game in one game.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Wiggy is talking, you would think he was taken off the floor in every game of the Charlotte series. There was only 1 game out of the 7 where Spo took him out in the 4th quarter where it was not due to foul trouble

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why did they give Thompson $82m? There are literally dozens of guys out there better than him!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of Miami’s plans, Whiteside certainly earned a massive raise this season while averaging 14.2 points, 11.8 rebounds and 3.7 blocked shots per game. His 269 blocks marked the NBA’s highest total since 2007-08, and he finished third in the Defensive Player of the Year voting.

“To me, he’s on his way to being the No. 1 big man in the league,” Heat mainstay Udonis Haslem said. “He has that talent level. With continued guidance, with great veterans around him and a great organization around him, there’s no reason he shouldn’t reach his potential.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Wiggy is talking, you would think he was taken off the floor in every game of the Charlotte series. There was only 1 game out of the 7 where Spo took him out in the 4th quarter where it was not due to foul trouble

and obtw, he STILL ain't answered to Turnup's challenge...

just sayin'...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dozen's? Okay list the 24 or 36 PF's better than TT.:D

He's listed as a Center.

In the 2015-16 regular season there were 29 players at that position with better PPG, 11 players better in RPG, 35 players better in blocks.

And he didn't even make the top 20 in FG%

Again, Centers alone, not even including PFs

Status
Not open for further replies.