• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 50,000 posts for a Nebraska BCS Championship Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Madison paper is saying that the ccg will cause the big ten to have less bcs teams. The reason for this is that if 2 teams are vying for a bcs spot they will meet in the ccg and the loser will fall out of contention. 10 of the 13 years the big ten has sent two teams to the bcs

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks ct, i think he'll end up on scholly before the end, but that wes just my prediction when we got him to walk-on

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Madison paper is saying that the ccg will cause the big ten to have less bcs teams. The reason for this is that if 2 teams are vying for a bcs spot they will meet in the ccg and the loser will fall out of contention. 10 of the 13 years the big ten has sent two teams to the bcs

eh, the conference will make more money with the CCG

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very jelly

it's gonna look like notre dame did.. only they're red too

LOL @ wiskys sellin all their tix

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez will win the heisman this year

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like juice, it's pretty good. I put Gin in mine, maybe that's it

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: Stai is on the strength and conditioning staff now. When you two communicate with each other, do you see this team having the same kind of individual mindset that you guys had when you played?

A: When I first came in as a freshman, I was in awe of the size of guys that had been recruited here. My goodness, in my day, we had the 300-plus pounders, but we also had the 6-foot-tall, 280-285-290 and even some at 260 that came in and played. It was more of a mindset that we thrived on. As time has gone on since joining the Nebraska staff - from my first year here to what's now going to be my fourth year - I really started seeing a changeover in that second and third year. The change was so drastic that I almost felt like, this is the way it used to be here. They're starting to get this mentality of policing one another and then taking care of business amongst the team, so to speak, and that's what we had. When I was here and when Stai was here, the Unity Council took care of any problems that came up. Coaches very rarely heard about anything because the seniors - the guys who had been there - policed the team. There was an order that you had to eventually graduate through. Expectations were set, and everybody had to follow. It really kicked in last summer. Guys were doing things afterwards. We didn't ask them to do anything. They were doing things on their own. They're running drills. They're coaching each other. They're taking control of themselves. That's how summers were at Nebraska. Our strength staff would work us out and as soon as conditioning was over, we took it on ourselves. The first and second groups were running plays, and it was all policed just with players. There was no strength staff or anything. You know what? The first two years, it wasn't that way here. But now, guys are working on pass sets by themselves. They're asking defensive linemen if they can work on this or that. They're not doing it just to do it or get through it. When the whistle blows and James Dobson addresses them, you don't see 150 guys out the door. They're sticking around to work on certain things. I think that's the big difference. When the guys start policing themselves and taking on extra work themselves, that's when you know you have a team.
^^^^^!!!!!!

Garrison’s Road to Redemption: From Player Agony to Coaching Ecstasy - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How and why does the OL sink to the depths of being worked over by the likes of Iowa St and no one on the entire coaching staff "cough Bo" puts the fist down, it's not just last year either, this has been a trend started by you know who. I hope to see gross amounts of improvement across the board on the O this year

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How and why does the OL sink to the depths of being worked over by the likes of Iowa St and no one on the entire coaching staff "cough Bo" puts the fist down, it's not just last year either, this has been a trend started by you know who. I hope to see gross amounts of improvement across the board on the O this year

Was that rhetorical?

Status
Not open for further replies.