• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 50,000 posts for a Nebraska BCS Championship Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night fellers. Morning Corn! Wooo!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grilling some chicken legs and taters today, Mmhm

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The intranet is abuzz with walk on Derek Slaughter turning some heads at summer conditioning. He has long hair, you know what's hot right now

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so much as articles but quotes on him, ill try to dig it back up, LB's that have long hair are usually really good

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ear it is
Director of football operations Jeff Jamrog is the master of ceremonies, so to speak. He lays out the schedule. First stop is a morning workout of Nebraska's newcomers inside Memorial Stadium, a new addition to the Football 202 event that's easily one of the day's highlights. The freshman Huskers are in the midst of "quarters" — a combination of 55-yard sprints and intense shuttle runs. It's one of the many grueling conditioning drills NU runs in July to prepare for preseason practice.

Strength guru James Dobson is rarely in the media spotlight like Boyd Epley used to be, but he's the Huskers' primary coach in the summer, a man of perpetual motion on the turf, weaving in and out of the traffic of runners, stalking down guys for exhortation and encouragement while one of his assistants barks out times from his stopwatch.

Jamrog says Dobson halfway lost his voice earlier in the week. Really? It's hard to tell.

Fans search the faces and frames for quarterback Bubba Starling, but he's not here. He ran earlier in the morning because of a class conflict. So did running back Braylon Heard. But the rest of the freshmen are separated in three groups. They all show a burst as the drill begins, but as the runs multiply, it becomes a test of sheer endurance. Yet not one of them falls out.

In the second group, a kid with a ponytail bolts ahead. Who is that?

"Derek Slaughter," Jamrog says. A walk-on linebacker from Alabama who grew up in David City until the fifth grade. Linebacker recruit Max Pirman, tall and lean with a large tattoo on one shoulder, keeps up with him.

exert from here
McKewon: 'Professors' careful with NU's inner workings - Omaha.com

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish. Maybe just 1 beer today

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read another quote somewhere but Ill be damned if this beer hasn't hastened my recollection again. Anyway I think it was Beck commenting on a report from Dobson in that he stated Mr Slaughter really has caught all the coaches attention this summer. I like to hear good news about the walkons, I get a Tomich boner pretty easy

Status
Not open for further replies.