• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial 2019 ncaa tournament thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My upset picks today (by seed):

UC Irvine over K-State
Oregon over Wisky
Iowa over Cincy
Ohio St over Iowa St

I feel like today is going to be A LOT tougher

Surprised I went 4-0 yesterday on upsets

I didnt get the Liberty over Miss St though. Miss St fucking throw up 30 footers the last 5 minutes

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upset picks for today:

Murray St over Florida St
I also have Auburn over Kansas but it looks like Auburn is favored

I know Kansas didn't fare as well in conference but their OOC resume is sick. Kind of surprised how little love they got. And I get not having Azabuke (SP) but Barn isn't a big team either. I don't see the loss of Vick being as big as the other

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went 20-12 (a lot of those losses being picks I originally made but ended up changing before the tournament started) in the first round.

That being said, if Kentucky can't beat Wofford, even without PJ, they don't deserve a Championship. Every elite team Wofford has faced, they've lost to this season by a wide margin. Their best wins are Seton Hall and @ South Carolina. They can shoot the three well, yeah, but Auburn shoots it even better and Kentucky beat them twice.

The difference today imo will be on the interior. Wofford has no answer for Reid Travis. Nick Richards, EJ Montgomery and Keldon should feast inside as well. I got Kentucky by 8.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went 20-12 (a lot of those losses being picks I originally made but ended up changing before the tournament started) in the first round.

That being said, if Kentucky can't beat Wofford, even without PJ, they don't deserve a Championship. Every elite team Wofford has faced, they've lost to this season by a wide margin. Their best wins are Seton Hall and @ South Carolina. They can shoot the three well, yeah, but Auburn shoots it even better and Kentucky beat them twice.

The difference today imo will be on the interior. Wofford has no answer for Reid Travis. Nick Richards, EJ Montgomery and Keldon should feast inside as well. I got Kentucky by 8.

In fairness to Wofford they only played one of those teams at home, and that team is a #1 seed who only lost one true road game all season. KU also didn't lose at home this season either. I wouldn't dismiss them because there have been plenty of good teams get blown out this year.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Kentucky as well. Calipari almost never loses to mid majors. In fact, only he only has 1 loss to a non power 6 school since becoming the Kentucky head coach. In 2013, they lost to Robert Morris in the NIT. Even at Memphis, the last 3 years, they only lost 1 conference game to UAB. Every other lost was to a power 6 school.

Kentucky is the absolute last team any mid major would want to play under any circumstance with Calipari as the head coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Kansas didn't fare as well in conference but their OOC resume is sick. Kind of surprised how little love they got. And I get not having Azabuke (SP) but Barn isn't a big team either. I don't see the loss of Vick being as big as the other

Yeah not too confident about that Auburn pick

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky is the absolute last team any mid major would want to play under any circumstance with Calipari as the head coach.
I'm pulling for the Lil' Dawgies but agree with you, Kentucky pulls away in the second

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Wofford they only played one of those teams at home, and that team is a #1 seed who only lost one true road game all season. KU also didn't lose at home this season either. I wouldn't dismiss them because there have been plenty of good teams get blown out this year.
Oh I know anything can happen. I'm just saying on paper, Kentucky should be the favorite here.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know anything can happen. I'm just saying on paper, Kentucky should be the favorite here.

Oh I agree, it's why they are favored by 5. But I wouldn't be surprised if Wofford won, especially without Washington.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry providing facts resorts you to giving out facepalms. Maybe I should just lie about things next time...

Using your argument, the best conferences in the tournament right now are the Big West, SoCon, A-Sun and MAC because they have 100% of their teams in the Round of 32. That's literally the only stat you've given me and you based your argument on the % of teams left in the Round of 32. That's why I'm giving you a facepalm, which I didn't know you were so sensitive about. The stats you provided are weighted and not a fair argument.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using your argument, the best conferences in the tournament right now are the Big West, SoCon, A-Sun and MAC because they have 100% of their teams in the Round of 32. That's why I'm giving you a facepalm, which I didn't know you were so sensitive about. The stats you provided were weighted and not a fair argument.

I've provided facts. They aren't weighted in the least bit. It is a fact. You have no clue what my argument is, if that's the conclusion you came to. I'm not sensitive about it, I'm just pointing out that you giving it to me makes you look like a dumbass.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've provided facts. They aren't weighted in the least bit. It is a fact. You have no clue what my argument is, if that's the conclusion you came to. I'm not sensitive about it, I'm just pointing out that you giving it to me makes you look like a dumbass.

The only reason why I'm assuming that I know what your argument is because it's the only thing you've brought to the discussion.

71% of the SEC teams made the R32
67% of the Pac 12 teams made the R32

Yeah, let's blame the SEC for the Pac 12 sucking during the season and it's best seed being a 9 seed. Anyway you try to spin it, the SEC has more percentage of their teams left.

Yep, the SEC has sucked so bad they have a higher percentage of teams that made the R32 compared to the Pac 12.

I'm not a mind reader. So, if your argument ISN'T that the SEC is better than the Pac-12 because the SEC has a higher percentage of teams left in the tournament, please be clearer about your argument.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet you base "your facts" why the sec is inferior on teams that still won..... :L

Based on how the teams played their competition on the court and total W-L records. The percentage argument isn't a valid one in my opinion.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,841.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a new tire at America's Tire and ready for some Madness.....they had surprisingly good coffee.....tasted like some Gourmet shit.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Kentucky as well. Calipari almost never loses to mid majors. In fact, only he only has 1 loss to a non power 6 school since becoming the Kentucky head coach. In 2013, they lost to Robert Morris in the NIT. Even at Memphis, the last 3 years, they only lost 1 conference game to UAB. Every other lost was to a power 6 school.

Hate it but this is right, if Wofford could have gone up against any other two seed I'd like their chances better