• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Recruiting Thread

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him. We needed a QB. I think he wanted to play for Mazzone in the first place. Not sure what to think about him decommiting from OSU. According to the 247 article he said he switched mainly because of the OT (McCollum) we flipped from there convinced him. Who knows with these kids. I had my fill with recruiting after the Kyler Murray fiasco. I only pay attention the last couple of weeks.

I think you are right about Mazzone-after he decommitted the thought was UCLA but after you got their OC the writing was on the wall.

The big rumor with us was when he committed his dad wanted him to be the only qb in the class. Fair enough we only wanted one so no biggie. But there was a small school kid from OK that didn't camp anywhere but looked good and we offered him as a recruited walk on. Dad lost his shit and Nick decided to go elsewhere. The debate is if we did it on purpose (to give him an excuse to reopen his recruiting) because we didn't want to Harbaugh the kid or if it was an unexpected misstep.

Either way, like you said-hard to figure out kids. I know there is some irritation with our fan base about it (he is tweeting our recruits about the awesomeness of ATM) but I hope he does decent for you guys. We were no 2 in the Kyle Allen race so it's not the first time y'all got a kid I thought would be in Stillwater. But that happens in recruiting so no worries.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....continued..

That makes four OL commits for Sparty in the 2016 class, so Dantonio is probably done adding any OL's. So, two more OT's that had their final three school choices listed as Nebraska, Iowa, and Michigan State, can probably remove Michigan State from their consideration list. Those two OT's are:
4-star OT Matt Farniok out of South Dakota.
Matt Farniok, Washington , Offensive Tackle

and

3-star OT Alaric Jackson out of Detroit.
Alaric Jackson, Renaissance , Offensive Tackle

Those two fellas are probably down to choosing between Iowa and Nebraska.

This also probably ends the flip attempt that Dantonio was trying on Wolverine commit, 4-star OG Michael Onwenu out of Detroit.
Michael Onwenu, Cass Technical , Offensive Guard

But, ya never know... Dantonio might still try to flip Onwenu from the Wolverines, the kid is too good of a prospect.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be this way, but I've watched some of this guy's film and I'm not quite seeing the big deal. This was an underwhelming one for me.
I think he was a late bloomer, but Urban and his staff have been keeping tabs on this guy for awhile.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be this way, but I've watched some of this guy's film and I'm not quite seeing the big deal. This was an underwhelming one for me.

Yeah I agree, but look at his frame. Supposed he is a better WR than CB, but with that frame he could be a dangerous asset in the bright future. Hopefully they can get Keyshon Camp 4 star DT that decommitted from USC right after the Buckeyes offered him.