• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Arizona State Football News Thread

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas currently has the Devils winning 5 games this year....If that's the case, surely Graham is gone no?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the reports from Tempe, it looks like Manny Wilkins (RS SO) will be the starting QB. With Richard & Ballage as the RB, I feel fairly confident moving the ball won't be a huge issue.

That big issues comes with the defense. Secondary was the worst in college football last, so there is no way to go but up correct?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Graham is on the hot seat. It might be luke warm but unless they are a disaster he will keep his job. I think people tend to overrate the quality of job ASU is. He has a few years left.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that is likely true (you would know better than I since you live in AZ), I still think it's a good gig. Not great, but Tier B.

In other news, yesterday TG released the depth chart for the game against Northern AZ.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game on Saturday (today) is on Pac12 Network. DirecTV still has not added it naturally. Found a working stream that works pretty good (Network Feed) if you need it. PM me.

Alabama just intercepted USC for a pick 6 as I'm typing this. 3 to 17 Bamma. 2nd qtr almost ending.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game on Saturday (today) is on Pac12 Network. DirecTV still has not added it naturally. Found a working stream that works pretty good (Network Feed) if you need it. PM me.

Alabama just intercepted USC for a pick 6 as I'm typing this. 3 to 17 Bamma. 2nd qtr almost ending.

I switched to ATT Uverse just for the simple fact that they have the PAC12 Network.

Huge game this week against TT. I hope our defense is up for the task although I'm afraid this is just going to be a back and forth, no defense, type of game.

Good news is that Laiu Moeakiola is expected to return this weekend, as well as Viliami Latu (DT), Salamo Fiso (LB) and maybe even Jay Jay Wilson (TE)

Marcus Ball of course is suspended for the 1st half of the game for targeting.

Also, I've heard that Graham and Wilkins have spoken about the hurdling done, and from the sounds of it, Manny leaping days may be behind him.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News on injuries, and some preparations notes from practice today.

Arizona State completed their Wednesday practice inside the Verde Dickey Dome while a light rain drizzled outside the facility.

The team worked through two periods, including tackle circuit and pursuit drills before starting special teams as the media was removed.

Fiso, Moeakiola update

Linebacker Salamo Fiso was working out on a bike during position drills. Safety Laiu Moeakiola was a full participant, as was nose tackle Ami Latu.

“Muscle Beach”

Offensive lineman Tyson Rising, tight end Grant Martinez, long snapper Mitchell Frabroni, and running back Mark “Goose” Cosgrove worked on the side during position drills.

Offense

Starting center Stephon McCray stretched on the near side of the field among the players who usually work on the side at Muscle Beach. During the team portion of the pursuit drill period, McCray was not with the first team.

Instead, junior transfer center A.J. McCollum worked with the first unit.

First Team

Manny Wilkins (QB); Demario Richard (RB); N’Keal Harry (WR, outside), Jalen Harvey (WR, outside), Tim White (WR, slot); Kody Kohl (TE); Evan Goodman (LT), Sam Jones (LG), A.J. McCollum (C), Quinn Bailey (RG), Zach Robertson (RT)

• Possession Summary:
- the offense lined up in a shotgun formation, I’d say resembles Normal HB Weak—two receivers lined up on the right side of the formation (Harvey, wide; White, slot); Kohl lined up next to the LT on the left side, while Harry lined up as the split end on the left.

- Wilkins completed a slant to Harry; Wilkins completed a pass to Richard who ran an angle route out of the backfield; Wilkins completed another pass over the middle; Wilkins gave the ball to Richard on a read option for TD.

Second Team

Brady White (QB); Nick Ralston (RB); Ellis Jefferson (WR, outside), Cameron Smith (WR, outside), Fred Gammage (WR, slot); Raymond Epps (TE); Cohl Cabral (LT), Alex Losoya (LG), Tyler McClure (C), Steven Miller (RG), Mason Walter (RT)

• Possession Summary:
- group also lined up in the same formation.

- White completed a slant to Jefferson; Ralston ran right side; missed a couple plays, forgive me; White completed to Jefferson for TD.

Other Notes

ASU athletic director Ray Anderson was in attendance at today’s practice session.

ASU Football: Wednesday practice report

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 2 and 0 right now. Doubt they are thinking of getting rid of him right now.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game ran late so I didn't catch it all but good win! A shootout like most expected, hopefully they can continue to improve on D and make some sort of run in the PAC which doesn't seem as strong as previous years. Could come down to Stanford and Oregon?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game ran late so I didn't catch it all but good win! A shootout like most expected, hopefully they can continue to improve on D and make some sort of run in the PAC which doesn't seem as strong as previous years. Could come down to Stanford and Oregon?

I still think it's Oregon vs USC in the Pac-12 championship.

I feel better with Arizona State, and wouldn't feel shocked if we finished 3rd in the South.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's Oregon vs USC in the Pac-12 championship.

I feel better with Arizona State, and wouldn't feel shocked if we finished 3rd in the South.
If we can keep scoring 65 pts a game NOBODY will beat us :)

Reactions: Eco

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-0 and the o/u on wins was 5? Not an impressive win the all that matters is the W for this young team

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-0 and the o/u on wins was 5? Not an impressive win the all that matters is the W for this young team

I agree - I think every team struggles against lesser competition every once in awhile, and last night was ours.

Luckily we got our shit together and pulled out the W.

I like our chances against Cal, and that would mean a 4-0 start

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - I think every team struggles against lesser competition every once in awhile, and last night was ours.

Luckily we got our shit together and pulled out the W.

I like our chances against Cal, and that would mean a 4-0 start
Why go on the road to play UTSA? Recruiting in Texas?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go on the road to play UTSA? Recruiting in Texas?

Absolutely.

Before Graham we never played in Texas, but now we always seem to.
So, while the result wasn't as one sided as we wanted, it was still good to have recruits in San Antonio knowing we were in town.