• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's restricted. Why not just do nothing and force him to take the qualifying offer?

I noticed a different mindset with teams with RFA this summer. Usually teams sit on their ass and wait for an offer from another team before signing their RFA but this year teams been proactive which does make sense because you can damage your relationship with the player

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed a different mindset with teams with RFA this summer. Usually teams sit on their ass and wait for an offer from another team before signing their RFA but this year teams been proactive which does make sense because you can damage your relationship with the player

Well apparently $80 isnt enough, unless he just wants the last year as an opt-out. If these rumors are even true. I would think he would be more than happt with $16/year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the pool of FAs is growing rather thin quickly. We shall probably know where Aldridge is headed probably by Monday.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers peeps, what's wrong with signing Koufos? Not sure he got a real chance to prove himself as a starter with Gasol as the man.

Definitely not our #1 option, but serviceable.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers peeps, what's wrong with signing Koufos? Not sure he got a real chance to prove himself as a starter with Gasol as the man.

That's someone I've been wanting the Kings to get for a while, they need another big. He did play under GK in Denver which may or may not be a good thing, but the chance to get more PT in LA might be more enticing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well apparently $80 isnt enough, unless he just wants the last year as an opt-out. If these rumors are even true. I would think he would be more than happt with $16/year.

Has to be fun watching Lebron run the show. I'm sure there's no conflict of interest when Lebron's friend (who also happens to be Lebron's agent) is the agent of one of your other core players. I'm all for Thompson getting $90 million. Gilbert was one of the reasons behind the punitive tax measures back in the last CBA negotiations; only fitting that he take it up the ass now.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree he's serviceable. plus he'd be another guy Upshaw could learn from I guess...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be fun watching Lebron run the show. I'm sure there's no conflict of interest when Lebron's friend (who also happens to be Lebron's agent) is the agent of one of your other core players. I'm all for Thompson getting $90 million. Gilbert was one of the reasons behind the punitive tax measures back in the last CBA negotiations; only fitting that he take it up the ass now.

Turnup sometimes brings up karma. if Gilbert DOES get screwed by some of his own doing it WOULD be fun to see...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I am completely bummed about him leaving.

But, what he was asking for was impossible for the Clippers.

He was, rightfully in my opinion, going to be like the 5th or 6th option on offense behind Blake, Paul, Reddick, Crawford, Stephenson...Hell, maybe even Austin.

Again: This is why guys like Dirk/Bosh/Duncan/Wade are so valuable.

They are willing to sacrafice parts of their game for the greater good.

As for his beef with CP3?

What were the options?

CP3 is starting to hit the other side of his prime.

He is still a top 5 pg.

But, not in the convo for best any longer.

With that being said, he is still the leader on this Team and I don't have a problem with him jumping in a guy's ass for not hitting free throws.

So, if someone had to go, it haad to be DeAndre.

Now the Clips have to go into salvage mode.

Look at the Spurs.

They did something similar by trading Splitter in hopes of landing Aldridge.

* We traded Hawes*

If they don't get LMA, they have David West willing to play for far less.

Is he as good as Aldridge?

Hell no.

But, he's better than nothing.

Doc has to swallow his pride and find a situation that interests the Mavs and do a sign and trade.

Any of these guys are better than Amare.

What the Clippers can do is a sign-and-trade that could bring them Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert. A league source told this newspaper shortly after Jordan’s team announced he was leaving that the Clippers could aim for a deal like this that would bring them Hibbert, send Jordan to Dallas with Dallas shooting guard Monta Ellis heading to Indiana. Ellis on Thursday agreed to a four-year deal with the Pacers.

Brian Windhorst: Just as Suns did w/Steve Nash & Cavs did with LeBron, Clippers need to put aside emotion & try to get Mavs to do sign & trade for exception. For example: double sign & trade with Monta Ellis that would land Roy Hibbert in LA & help Mavs pick up an asset or two plus Jordan. Or 3-way trade with Brendan Haywood’s contract that could enable Clips to make offer for Nene, Pekovic or Koufos. There are ways out for LAC.

You're spending too much time around Wiggy. The manifesto's are getting contagious.

:pound:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Harris, Wes Matthews, Chandler Parsons, Dirk and DJ. Best Coach outside Pop. Fringe my ass

Mike Budenholzer > Carlisle
Steve Kerr > Carlisle

and even though he's technically not with an NBA team

Tom Thibodeau > Carlisle

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think the Mavericks did a fine job at free agency, people are giving the team far too much credit.

Dirk is getting older, Harris is getting older, and although Jordan is a great defender nobody knows what he'll be like offensively without CP3 throwing him lobs.

Yes they'll be a playoff team but probably a 1st round exit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think it's good business moving forward for the Heat to get into a hissy fit fight with a franchise player over a 1 time 4M payment after that player gave them 5M a year ago?
who cares he got rings from it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no Love, Alridge, Monroe, Gasol, ----down to DeAndre Jordan and Robin Lopez.....though it seems Lopez is going to the Knicks and DeAndre is going to the Mavs or staying at the Clips....Lakers already lost Ed Davis aswell.....I wonder what their next move is.
I heard they are going to give max deal to G Oden.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time pick up for Dallas. Who plays PG for them?