• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2013 Nebraska Recruiting thread.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is somewhat of a mystery to me to be honest..........

I mean everyone knows why USC gets all the highly touted recruits..........it's LA........it's Hollywood..........it's where all kids with dreams want to go....

For Michigan, the only thing I can think of is that kids have seent Hoke come in and take a team in his first season to a BCS game and win. This must be a good selling point to recruits.

Nebraska needs to start trying to do something similar..........aka winning football games

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is somewhat of a mystery to me to be honest..........

I mean everyone knows why USC gets all the highly touted recruits..........it's LA........it's Hollywood..........it's where all kids with dreams want to go....

For Michigan, the only thing I can think of is that kids have seent Hoke come in and take a team in his first season to a BCS game and win. This must be a good selling point to recruits.

Nebraska needs to start trying to do something similar..........aka winning football games

Thats exactly what happened JJM.... Mich was down with Rich Rod.... 1st year with Hoke and won a BCS game....

THEY WILL COME....

9 of 23 Mich commits are from Ohio.... A very very high number.... Usually they get 2 to 4

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's Michigan.

Or it's Ohio St.

They own this conference. They have the traditions. They earned it.

Teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St are occasionally thrown a crumb, to go to the Rose Bowl, but only when Mich or tOSU are down. It's like a Missouri thing.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll buy that Hoke turned a stuggling Michigan team around. He went 11-2 beat tOSU for the first time in 7 or 8 years and then also beat a VaTech team in a BCS game in OT. But I mean tOSU was without sweater vest. And mich lost to Iowa. They beat the dog hair off of us. I just dont look at a Michigan program and see what these recruits are seeing compairing Michigan to Nebraska. It has got to be the coaching staff. Bo turned us around. Nebraska still has not won the big game. We need to win a big huge jumbo game. Then maybe recruits will come.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NU's going to have to earn it's respect in the BiG 10 just like Penn St did. Getting shoved around like a bunch of punks or losing at home to N'western isn't impressing anyone.

Face it. Ohio St or Michigan hadn't even offered when this kid commited to Penn St.
He chose Penn St over Wisconsin and Nebraska.
Once he decommited from Penn St, he had Wisconsin and Nebraska 'HIGH' on his interest level.

That is until Michigan swept in like a fart in the wind without so much as a visit. LMAO

Huskers better get off their asses lest they become perenial Iowa's, Mich St's, Wisconsins of the BiG 10.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to have a big year this year. We need a big bowl game win. yea the fucking Northwestern game. I knew we was going to lose that game a year ahead of time. b.c the dumb fucks cant stay focused week to week. god I am getting worked up

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that we were ranked #10 in the country going into that game with a 7-1 record......

We had no leadership that game. In fact, one of our biggest leaders (Rex) had a turnover which I believe cost us the game. The fumble down near the end zone when we were getting ready to score and take all the momentum.

It was after that fumble that you could feel something awful developing. The season went down the shitter after that game as far as I'm concerned. We lost all confidence and all momentum we had because of the fact that nobody showed up as a leader that day.

I believe we won't have leadership issues this season........and that's why I'm very optimistic about what's in store.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that we were ranked #10 in the country going into that game with a 7-1 record......

We had no leadership that game. In fact, one of our biggest leaders (Rex) had a turnover which I believe cost us the game. The fumble down near the end zone when we were getting ready to score and take all the momentum.

It was after that fumble that you could feel something awful developing. The season went down the shitter after that game as far as I'm concerned. We lost all confidence and all momentum we had because of the fact that nobody showed up as a leader that day.

I believe we won't have leadership issues this season........and that's why I'm very optimistic about what's in store.

You're talking about Northwestern right?

Northwestern.....:L

We used to talk about Oklahoma games that way.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about Northwestern right?

Northwestern.....:L

We used to talk about Oklahoma games that way.

Yep......sad, isn't it?

It really honestly pains me so much to revisit that game beings that we were sitting in the driver's seat for everything we wanted to do last season before the game.....

But yea, that was one of the worst games that I've seen a non-callahan coached team play. No discipline, no leadership. And when you have a team on the other side of the ball who is upset-minded and has a bunch of quick guys, bad things can happen in a hurry.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very optimistic much more then last season. I believe that Rex wants to go out with a kaboooom not a bang, A MOTHER FUCKING KABOOOM. Martinez wants to put the critics to rest and give hime some breathing room as well. Now if the Oline holds water and the WR do there job. I do think that we can be a very powerful offense. just leave the D in Bos hands and let him do all the dirty work. no more carl JUST BO. This has to be the season we break out from call it mediocracy or vinilla or whatever you want to call it, but we have to join the likes of BAMA, LSU, OREGON. we need a 12 13 win season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no reason why Nebraska shouldn't have the best Offense in the BIG this season......no reason whatsoever.

We simply have to get stronger up front on Defense to have success as a team. Last year we looked like a team that was built from the outside-in...........it needs to be the other way around to survive in this conference.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very optimistic much more then last season. I believe that Rex wants to go out with a kaboooom not a bang, A MOTHER FUCKING KABOOOM. Martinez wants to put the critics to rest and give hime some breathing room as well. Now if the Oline holds water and the WR do there job. I do think that we can be a very powerful offense. just leave the D in Bos hands and let him do all the dirty work. no more carl JUST BO. This has to be the season we break out from call it mediocracy or vinilla or whatever you want to call it, but we have to join the likes of BAMA, LSU, OREGON. we need a 12 13 win season.

I call it "mediocrity +1". It's a step above mediocrity but it's a good distance from being elite. As I said before. You look good when everyone else is bad, but you never win anything of substance.

ie..Missouri.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a friend of mine just watched Tommy Boy for the first time.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha no but that would be my excuse for missing such a great flick.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man my Top 5 comedy movies.

1:Tommy Boy
2:Super Troopers
3:Dumb and Dumber
4:Blazing Saddles
5:Happy Gilmore

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber, and Happy Gilmore all memorized word for word at one time.........

Those and Billy Madison

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7eb153ee_350x350px-LL-254b8c85_thread_direction.gif