• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial 2012 NFL Mock Draft thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd get better value, if they're going to reach, to go DE at that slot if they can't trade down significantly to get Upshaw

Upshaw is a defensive end at the next level, a perfect fit for a 4-3. He is everything Coples is not. He steps up in games and plays past his measurables. He is strong as an ox and was a stud on an NFL factory team.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upshaw is a defensive end at the next level, a perfect fit for a 4-3. He is everything Coples is not. He steps up in games and plays past his measurables. He is strong as an ox and was a stud on an NFL factory team.

:nod:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his limited combine measures don't agree with that.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one thing I will actually miss this year (especially after last year, which was probably my best Mock Draft ever).

Some thoughts.

Rams will trade up with the Vikings to Draft Kalil, they will give up 3 picks and still have either a 1st and 2nd from the Skins or 2 2nds. Either way gaining 2 Draft Picks and Drafting the best LT is a WIN WIN.

Bucs will trade down and draft the LB from BC (cant spell his last name).

Minnesota will take Blackmon with the #6 pick.

Bills will take DeCastro even if they cant move down a few spots.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his limited combine measures don't agree with that.

Zero drills at the combine evaluate lower body push which is what you need in a DE. Trust me on this, I know defense. I played almost every non-line position on defense and am pretty good at evaluating talent. Five yeard from now this guy will be a great player while guys like Coples will be out of the league. I also like Melvin Ingram a lot. Poe was a great pick.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one thing I will actually miss this year (especially after last year, which was probably my best Mock Draft ever).

Some thoughts.

Rams will trade up with the Vikings to Draft Kalil, they will give up 3 picks and still have either a 1st and 2nd from the Skins or 2 2nds. Either way gaining 2 Draft Picks and Drafting the best LT is a WIN WIN.

Bucs will trade down and draft the LB from BC (cant spell his last name).

Minnesota will take Blackmon with the #6 pick.

Bills will take DeCastro even if they cant move down a few spots.

we won't take DeCastro, Guard is actually one of the few spots on the line that we're actually good AND deep at.

did you confuse him with Martin the other lineman from Stanford??

if you're going to be around you can take the Packers from me, sir

someone pulled out late so I ended up taking them.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Minnifield is also a joke of a player, and I am not just biased because of where he went to college. he is weak and gets burned over the top. What does he offer at the next level. If he can't jam a receiver and can't run with them....well.....ha ha......

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won't take DeCastro, Guard is actually one of the few spots on the line that we're actually good AND deep at.

did you confuse him with Martin the other lineman from Stanford??

if you're going to be around you can take the Packers from me, sir

someone pulled out late so I ended up taking them.

I wish I could but I will not be around for probably another 2 months.

I like Martin but I think DeCastro is going to be a Much better player. And really it is just a feeling, the Bills, like the Bucs, have gone heavy and deep on the Lines. IMO The Bills are going to be a Between the Tackles Offense. IMO DeCastro is a sure fire 10 year Starter, at least 5 Pro Bowl player.

I also think the Bills have changed their strategy in drafting. They will take the best player rather than a Need.

IMO the LT position this year is one player. Martin, Adams, and Reiff would all be 2nd round picks Last Year. I think they can be solid players but None are worth a 1st round pick.

Just like the CB from LSU Claibourne, he grades out worse than Peterson from last year, yet some have him being drafted Higher than Peterson.

But this is all opinion and feeling.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could but I will not be around for probably another 2 months.

I like Martin but I think DeCastro is going to be a Much better player. And really it is just a feeling, the Bills, like the Bucs, have gone heavy and deep on the Lines. IMO The Bills are going to be a Between the Tackles Offense. IMO DeCastro is a sure fire 10 year Starter, at least 5 Pro Bowl player.

I also think the Bills have changed their strategy in drafting. They will take the best player rather than a Need.

IMO the LT position this year is one player. Martin, Adams, and Reiff would all be 2nd round picks Last Year. I think they can be solid players but None are worth a 1st round pick.

Just like the CB from LSU Claibourne, he grades out worse than Peterson from last year, yet some have him being drafted Higher than Peterson.

But this is all opinion and feeling.

Yeah I do think DeCastro is a great player

BTW, I'm pretty sure Vancelot is jizzing his pants right now at the possibility of DeCastro dropping to him.

The Bills have to get a tackle early, we don't have one at the moment

we've definitely had a chance in strategy all around lately, and I got to say, I like it.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero drills at the combine evaluate lower body push which is what you need in a DE. Trust me on this, I know defense. I played almost every non-line position on defense and am pretty good at evaluating talent. Five yeard from now this guy will be a great player while guys like Coples will be out of the league. I also like Melvin Ingram a lot. Poe was a great pick.

im not in total dispute with you, I especially also see coples busting. I just am not sold Upshaw can play a true 4-3 DE in the NFL. I think Perry is a safer pick if you're committed to that position and slot. If you're committed to Upshaw, I think you have to trade down because nobody is going to take him that soon unless his end of the month workout is beastly . He plays amazingly disciplined anyways, and has great recognition from what I've seen. Why put him in a position that takes away some of the need for these attributes ? Also how much would he lose in speed if he bulks up some so he can keep bullrushing over the blockers?

Last edited by a moderator:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and yes taking any safety in this draft at #14 was a huge stretch. The safety has to be a Troy Polamolu/Sean Taylor/EdReed level safety to go in the top 15. It is just not an impact position in the NFL.

well this we definitely agree on

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 15 Players. If I could take any 15 players I wanted these are who I would take in order.
1. Luck - QB
2. Kalil - LT
3. Griffin - QB
4. Couples - DE
5. Richardson - RB(as long as he is not hiding an Injury)
6. Ingram - DE
7. Kuechley - LB (sp?)
8. DeCastro- OG
9. Hill - WR
10. Cox - DT
11. Jenkins - CB
12. Claibourne - CB
13. Glenn - OG/OT
14. Kirkpatrick - CB
15. Mercilus - DE