• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Richards death watch

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there: Coach Jeremy "JR" Roenick?

probably too soon for JR ... he's not ready ... nice hair though

/would certainly be a good ass. coach serving under Torts in CBJ though :whistle:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hearing Dirk Graham's name being tossed around?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How good would games against Patty's Avalanche be??

Well, actually it would probably be shit hockey, but the pre and post-game pressers would be dyn-o-mite!!

roy-plugging-ears.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didnt even give Richards a Last Supper :(

/cesspool/drunk Pratt saying they lose to the Isles tonight and Torts is in tomorrow

View attachment 42342

Okay, this could be fun. How about Coach "Lucky Pierre" McGuire?

polls_cats_hate_you_and_everyone_else_0606_926348_poll_xlarge.jpe

So, it seems Atkinson may be the one to go. He is a healthy scratch tonight.

Rumo(u)r is that Luke Schenn is scratched tonight for Philly and the Flyers scouts have been given permanent resident status inside Nationwide.. So the speculation is, of course...

Rychel sent back to Cleveland.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the 2nd period with the team down 3-1, Coach JR enters the room...

"Look guys, some coaches would rant and yell about your lackluster performance tonight, but (tears up)... it makes so sad thinking about berating players like that. I'm not mad at you guys... (places hand on players' shoulder) I'm just disappointed." (tears up again, leaves room)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 2nd period with the team down 3-1, Coach JR enters the room...

"Look guys, some coaches would rant and yell about your lackluster performance tonight, but (tears up)... it makes so sad thinking about berating players like that. I'm not mad at you guys... (places hand on players' shoulder) I'm just disappointed." (tears up again, leaves room)

*leaves room to *talk* to HEAD COACH TORTS and then returns 2 minutes later*

ass. coach JR: "wake the fuck up already guys ... its a joke ... wake up"

Ryjo: "Ummm ... ass. coach JR ??? what the fuck happened to your face?"

39526028a45179253dfaa699ea40e845.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jackets give Atkinson for Schenn, or even Boll for Schenn, Jarmo is the one who should be fired.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up shit-canned anyway. A market as fragile and unestablished as Columbus really can't afford a trip back to the dark days right now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts to Columbus! Make it so! I'm sure Mr. Dubinsky would fully support this move.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jackets give Atkinson for Schenn, or even Boll for Schenn, Jarmo is the one who should be fired.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up shit-canned anyway. A market as fragile and unestablished as Columbus really can't afford a trip back to the dark days right now.

I would be more inclined to believe that Atkinson (and then some, possibly) is on his way to NJD for Gelinas, Merrill or Severson. Or Arizona for Murphy. He was dangled to Boston last year for Hamilton and the B's chose not to for whatever damn reason.

The ones who are going off on the "ZOMG BOTHE ARE SRTCHED MUST BE TRADE" tangents have missed that Schenn has been scratched the last three games. They look at the Salaries, see it's a wash and they shoot off.

Jarmo is, I hope, too smart to make an "only right now" move. If he gets someone, it will be someone young who can be effective alongside Werenski in 2 years but can contribute now.

The judges will also accept "Darnell Nurse"

Not sure Jarmo is in immediate danger, I bet John Davidson will take the whole thing over if it slides too much more. JD will not throw Jarmo under the bus yet. But I imagine he's got a pretty short leash.

And if they have to give Vancouver a pick to hire Torts, I don't see it happening. Jarmo treats draft picks like they are his children.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more inclined to believe that Atkinson (and then some, possibly) is on his way to NJD for Gelinas, Merrill or Severson. Or Arizona for Murphy. He was dangled to Boston last year for Hamilton and the B's chose not to for whatever damn reason.

The ones who are going off on the "ZOMG BOTHE ARE SRTCHED MUST BE TRADE" tangents have missed that Schenn has been scratched the last three games. They look at the Salaries, see it's a wash and they shoot off.

Jarmo is, I hope, too smart to make an "only right now" move. If he gets someone, it will be someone young who can be effective alongside Werenski in 2 years but can contribute now.

The judges will also accept "Darnell Nurse"

Not sure Jarmo is in immediate danger, I bet John Davidson will take the whole thing over if it slides too much more. JD will not throw Jarmo under the bus yet. But I imagine he's got a pretty short leash.

And if they have to give Vancouver a pick to hire Torts, I don't see it happening. Jarmo treats draft picks like they are his children.
I...do not think NJ is going to give up any of those pieces for Atkinson unless it's accompanied by a first round pick. They have literally zero reason to move those guys right now. Ditto for Connor Murphy - Cam Atkinson isn't exactly Dougie Hamilton.

GM's of teams with no expectation of winning this season and under no cap restrictions aren't going to make early-season deals for a guy who could only muster 40 pts playing with his team's best player, especially when the return is a promising defenceman.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have seen the error of my ways. Luke Schenn is the answer and there is no coach more perfectly suited to the Jackets needs than Tortorella. What's more it's perfectly feasible to trade both Atkinson and Johnson for Schenn, even throwing in a draft pick if needed to seal the deal. Corsi and Hero charts and all that.

This has been explained to me by some people who have watched hockey since before the series against the Penguins, they will have me know.

Although, I imagine most would Identify an Espen Knutsen as some kind of Swedish family sedan, a Tugnutt as some rare form of Erectile Dysfunction and Odelein as the group that sings "the one". They don't even know why Jeff Carter should be FUCKED.

giphy1.gif

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure its going to be a coaching change? Maybe it will be a player brought in to spark the team. I hear Brad Marchand is being shopped....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think Miracle Max can save Todd Richards now...

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really did not expect this from Columbus. They are horrible.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memo to bj's ownership/management ... You dont want guy boucher. His facial scar scares young children and small pets. Torts ftw

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went on the ice tonight, it was tied at 0. Good start.

Good practice, came off ice, it's 1-0 Isles. Not so bad.

Walk into the room, throw down the gloves and helmet and come back out to talk to another coach. Isles 3-0.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DARNELL NURSE!

C'Mon Howson, you piece of shit. You owe us this.