• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To all of you in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were fortunate north of Dallas near the river. Never lost our power but did lose water for 4 days. That (losing water) may have been a blessing in that empty water pipes tend not to burst. Filled coolers and 5 gallon buckets when the pressure started dropping because toilets need water to function and I need toilets to function. Could have been much worse and for many friends & coworkers it was.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were fortunate north of Dallas near the river. Never lost our power but did lose water for 4 days. That (losing water) may have been a blessing in that empty water pipes tend not to burst. Filled coolers and 5 gallon buckets when the pressure started dropping because toilets need water to function and I need toilets to function. Could have been much worse and for many friends & coworkers it was.
Are they screwing you on you electric bill? I saw a story one guy didn't lose power, and he continued to use it, but then got a $17,000 bill.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they screwing you on you electric bill? I saw a story one guy didn't lose power, and he continued to use it, but then got a $17,000 bill.
No. I have a fixed rate of $0.09 per kWh and have for years. Those of us who are either locked in with a fixed rate or pay an average monthly rate are fine. Those who are in those speculative plans where they pay whatever the rate is at a specific time of day or week... not so much.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I have a fixed rate of $0.09 per kWh and have for years. Those of us who are either locked in with a fixed rate or pay an average monthly rate are fine. Those who are in those speculative plans where they pay whatever the rate is at a specific time of day or week... not so much.
A pair of jumper cables and some 10/3 wire will work if ya don't want to pat for electricity, and you don't mind jail if ya get caught.

I actually saw that from a treehouse in the woods once. These kids had their house wired and all!. Damn pirates were imaginative

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live 30 miles north of Dallas metroplex, never lost power, gas or water. However lost my pool heater, it cracked as the thaw began. Had some neighbors running theirs, I scolded them as people were suffering with no gas or electricity and these selfish bastards ran them 24/7. Guess they are laughing at me now.

Kids loved the week, pulling them around in the golf cart, built a couple forts for snow ball fights. Now everything is gone. My subdivision was very fortunate to keep the essentials. Hope everyone came through ok.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live 30 miles north of Dallas metroplex, never lost power, gas or water. However lost my pool heater, it cracked as the thaw began. Had some neighbors running theirs, I scolded them as people were suffering with no gas or electricity and these selfish bastards ran them 24/7. Guess they are laughing at me now.

Kids loved the week, pulling them around in the golf cart, built a couple forts for snow ball fights. Now everything is gone. My subdivision was very fortunate to keep the essentials. Hope everyone came through ok.
Made the best of it didn't ya. Kudos.