• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TKO's 2014 RB Rankings - Standard

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I expect to hear it from you for this one! I am going off board here quite a bit, because as I look back through the years, there is a lot of fluctuation and surprises. I'm not questioning the talent of some of the obvious "snubs" you'll see, just their surrounding circumstances.

1. Adrian Peterson - I've flip flopped a bit here, but the Norv Turner factor sways me to make him the top pick. Cyborg wants another amazing season, and I bet McKinnon scares him a little, even if he won't admit it.
2. Montee Ball - *insert laughter here*... but Moreno finished top five last year...Moreno. I am not scared of the Broncos offense and I only think they get better, and Ball is the main reason for that.
3. Matt Forte - just because I let him slide in the suicide league, doesn't mean I don't think he's an animal... this is one guy with a huge 2013 that I do not expect a regression.
4. LeSean McCoy - see milk, I don't hate him, but he's probably lower here than any other board. I just this offense is in for a big regression, and the fact Shady is the closest thing to Barry we've seen, he's still in the top five.
5. C.J. Spiller - yeah I'm nuts, maybe just a homer, or maybe CJS is the same player that was ranked here by many last year...this time with a healthy ankle?
6. DeMarco Murray - starting to become the new DMC? A full season from Murray will prove how much of a beast this kid is. In 14 games he finished with just under 1500 total yards and 10 touchdowns.
7. Marshawn Lynch - scary thoughts of retirement might scare people off (did it just scare me off?)... I still think he has a good shot at double digit touchdowns like we all know he can.
8. Jamal Charles - lost three O linemen this year, and the passing "attack" did not get any better. JC is still an incredible talent, all 11 defenders are watching him and he still gets it done. I just don't see 19 touchdowns again.
9. Eddie Lacy - the new beast mode? Could be, but Rodgers has the biggest ego in the NFL and he'll want to make some gain with his stats. I don't see Lacy getting any worse from last year, I just see the others getting better.
10. Arian Foster - lots of time off last year due to injuries, so I'm hoping he's coming in healthy this year, and if that's the case, he will be the bell cow one more time, and he's still got it.
11. Chris Johnson - I'm such a big Ivory fan, if he could stay healthy I would think he'd be a top 10 option... alas, he has not proven so, hence the CJK signing... Foot's model of consistency (and a good palm tree climber I'm told)
12. Giovani Bernard - tack on about 50 more carries than last year, IMO. I like Bernard to build on his great rookie season. Gotta love a back with 50+ catch potential.
13. Le'Veon Bell - started off slowly, but fighting through that foot injury shocked and impressed everyone... he finished much stronger than he started as he got heathier. The Blount addition scares me a little though...
14. Doug Martin - honestly, in my rough draft I left him out totally! He slipped my mind that easily, so I don't know why I bumped him up to here... I will not be drafting him, but Sims doesn't scare me yet, and Martin has talent.
15. Alfred Morris - only difference between 2012 and 2013 was touchdowns... still a very good power runner, who is begging for 3rd down action... does he get it? I'm with Treff and say I doubt it... (just not as Helu crazy)
16. Shane Vereen - as we get into preseason, if SVU is running more than I anticipate, he will jump up my board, but for now, I'll slot him here as I see 1200 total yards to be his floor, as he compiles 80-100 catches.
17. Zac Stacy - all this Mason talk is a little uncomfortable...but he was a ground monster last year. This will be a preseason watch, for sure.
18. Trent Richardson - this is probably a hope bid (he's on my suicide team), but he can't be that terrible right? He looked like the real deal in 'Bama, right? T-Rich or T-Poor... we shall see.
19. Joique Bell - goal line status gets him over Reggie for me... they like how JB is growing in Detroit, and I expect them to challenge him even more this season.
20. Ryan Mathews - everyone finally jumps off his band wagon and he finally returns to fantasy relevance! I don't think the Donald Brown signing is anything to shake about. Woodhead still a factor too...
21. Andre Ellington - okay, I'll have a sip of the kool-aid, I just don't want a whole glass. Just don't see him getting twenty touches a game, or don't see him holding up if they try and do so.
22. Reggie Bush - a very nice one-two punch in Detroit, but Reggie gets faded out a little bit from last year.
23. Frank Gore - poor Frank seems to have a plethora of good RB's behind him, but he's still the lead dog, and should get most TD opportunities.
24. Rashad Jennings - I should have him higher, but the David Wilson factor keeps popping in my head. If you could promise me 16 starts from RJ I would have him top 15. I like the Giants for a big rebound year.
25. Lamar Miller - looks more and more like Moreno will be second fiddle here... I'm not a big Miller fan, but his speed plays a factor.
26. Toby Gerhart - I understand the opportunity, and YPC in Minnesota... it's just the Jags man.
27. Ben Tate - granted he was playing through bad ribs and whatnot, I still think he should have showed something more last year..now he's in a new system?
28. Khiry Robinson - I just think he leads the Saints in rushing and scores touchdowns... maybe I'm way off here.
29. Darren Sproles - the little engine that could keeps on doing his thing.
30. Stevan Ridley - another one I could be way off on, because he can still be the lead rusher in NE... as we roll into preseason here, I could be changing
31. Pierre Thomas - when all else fails, just start Frenchie, he'll get you points.. 70 catches no problem again?
32. Steven Jackson - the old fella can still get 'er done, can't he?
33. Devonta Freeman - not if he has anything to say about it!
34. Latavius Murray - don't expect much before Halloween, but I think he takes over this year... unknown monster!
35. Terrance West - everyone expecting him to rival Tate... hmmm
36. Stephan Taylor - probably take goal line work from the little Ellington.
37. Jeremy Hill - if he gets BJGE work, he's worth something..
38. Danny Woodhead - still a catch factor, but I don't think he's used as much as he was last year.
39. C.J. Anderson - back up duty in Denver sounds good to me
40. Dexter McCluster - is he officially an RB yet? I think he is used a lot more than people expect.
41. Bishop Sankey - okay, I guess I should get him in here somewhere.
42. Bryce Brown - I think he'll take more of Freddie's role as the season goes on.
43. LeGarrette Blount - honestly, I'm a little scared for Bell's goal line work.. but Blount has never been specifically a goal line back.
44. Deangelo Williams - I almost prefer putting another rookie, or back up here, but maybe the loads of work is still there?
45. Ray Rice - no points for punching girlfriends, so Rice ain't nice this year.
46. Bernard Pierce - if I think Rice is done/suspended, why is Pierce so low? ...not really sure myself, I just didn't like what I saw at all last year.
47. Justin Forsett - maybe he has something to do with it?
48. MJD - watch the little bugger go off...
49. DMC - just because I didn't want to leave him off since he's been in my top 10 forever!
50. Roy Helu - just for you Treff!

I know some of these look crazy, but hey, Andy Dalton was the 3rd QB last year, AP was the 10th RB last year... weird shit happens... and I'm no longer chasing points.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have a problem with monte ball at the 2 spot... i disagree, but i dont think he is that far off...

The pick i have the biggest problem with is Bishop Sankey at 41... From everything i hear, he will be the workhorse in tennessee, and the titans need him... I have him as a top 20... Is there something i dont know about him??

And i see why in our debate, in monkeys thread, why you would take vereen over benard, you have vereen higher than most, and benard lower than most(due to your love of spiller and Chris johnson...

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick i have the biggest problem with is Bishop Sankey at 41... From everything i hear, he will be the workhorse in tennessee, and the titans need him... I have him as a top 20... Is there something i dont know about him??

you're probably right... but sometimes ya just get gut feelings that can't really be explained rationally... for some reason the name Felix Jones keeps popping in my head when I think of Sankey... also, I expect the Titans to be one of the worst teams in the league this year, if not the worst, and I don't expect garbage points from Sankey.

like I said, I'm probably wrong about him, but ask Trent Richardson what having a workhorse opportunity does for you. :whistle:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.. Thanks for kick back on my boy Roy..I like the rankings, overall.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not here to challenge your rankings. They're yours. But I do have a few comments...

14. Doug Martin - honestly, in my rough draft I left him out totally! He slipped my mind that easily, so I don't know why I bumped him up to here... I will not be drafting him, but Sims doesn't scare me yet, and Martin has talent.

I know Lovie. He's conservative and hates turnovers. I personally do not have Martin ranked very high either, but based on Lovie's philosophy, I can see him getting tons of carries.

21. Andre Ellington - okay, I'll have a sip of the kool-aid, I just don't want a whole glass. Just don't see him getting twenty touches a game, or don't see him holding up if they try and do so.

Not sure how he got the knock of being too small. He's the same size/weight as Tony Dorsett, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, LT, and Marshall Faulk. No one can measure what's in a guy's heart. And Ellington was buried how deep on the Zona depth chart last season?

26. Toby Gerhart - I understand the opportunity, and YPC in Minnesota... it's just the Jags man.

Is there a difference? Neither Minny or the Jags really have a QB threat. When AP or Gerhart ran, the other team figured they were going to run. And Gerhart's per carry numbers rival AP.

43. LeGarrette Blount - honestly, I'm a little scared for Bell's goal line work.. but Blount has never been specifically a goal line back.

Blount always seems to be an after-thought. But he always seems to get a significant role no matter where he's been (TB/NE). And done a decent job as well!

Nice read. You getting rain over in Scotia?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points Joe. I guess the 5'9 got me on Ellington, didn't realize he was a 200 pounder. Maybe I'm way off, but I would say Minny's O line would bury Jacksonville's, otherwise, maybe you're right... still over a full season, I'm not sure Gerhart would be so productive per carry. And that's just what I was thinking about Blount... just really hard to scoot him up there.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO now this is what a list should look like. Don't feel bad about Ball at two wait to you get a load of my list!!! Love the Chris Johnson and Lamar Miller, hate the Gerhart one. Nice job! oh and I guess I sshould have re thought that coconut comment. I guess it isn't so easy to pick a coconut.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were ranking players this year I'd whine about you stealing my Montee Ball thunder, as it is, I'll just say nice job.

(I would have him #1.)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more like ball won't make it out of the first five picks in our Draft

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the question... would you have the guts to pick Montee ball 2nd on draft day if you have the 2nd pick??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more like ball won't make it out of the first five picks in our Draft

At best I see him going 5th, even if you think he will be a top 3 RB... I just don't see anyone gambling with their hunch when McCoy, Charles and Forte are just much safer!!!

I still would not pick him until the 9th pick at best... But that's just me, I see Manning and Brees to be first rounders and prefer them over ball...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the call on Joique. That's gonna be a real interesting situation.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best I see him going 5th, even if you think he will be a top 3 RB... I just don't see anyone gambling with their hunch when McCoy, Charles and Forte are just much safer!!!

I still would not pick him until the 9th pick at best... But that's just me, I see Manning and Brees to be first rounders and prefer them over ball...

Guess it all depends on who gets 1-5, and how they feel about taking a QB/WR in the first round. From previous experience with all but 2 of these guys. .RB rule our world, and if we think he'll end up top 5 RB... he'll go top 5 overall

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to wait and see....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO..Great list and tremendous write up Job well done

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect David Wilson to be ready this soon. That puts a wrench into Jennings' ranking, and I'd have to move Wilson in somewhere.

Looks like I'll flip a coin and knock out one of the anagram Raiders.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect David Wilson to be ready this soon. That puts a wrench into Jennings' ranking, and I'd have to move Wilson in somewhere.

Looks like I'll flip a coin and knock out one of the anagram Raiders.

Say it ain't so TKO! My raiders, or my boy Roy.. damn! Gotta be done

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly my Coma team got a lot better.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Adrian Peterson - I've flip flopped a bit here, but the Norv Turner factor sways me to make him the top pick. Cyborg wants another amazing season, and I bet McKinnon scares him a little, even if he won't admit it.
2. Montee Ball - *insert laughter here*... but Moreno finished top five last year...Moreno. I am not scared of the Broncos offense and I only think they get better, and Ball is the main reason for that.
3. Matt Forte - just because I let him slide in the suicide league, doesn't mean I don't think he's an animal... this is one guy with a huge 2013 that I do not expect a regression.
4. LeSean McCoy - see milk, I don't hate him, but he's probably lower here than any other board. I just this offense is in for a big regression, and the fact Shady is the closest thing to Barry we've seen, he's still in the top five.
5. C.J. Spiller - yeah I'm nuts, maybe just a homer, or maybe CJS is the same player that was ranked here by many last year...this time with a healthy ankle?
6. DeMarco Murray - starting to become the new DMC? A full season from Murray will prove how much of a beast this kid is. In 14 games he finished with just under 1500 total yards and 10 touchdowns.
7. Marshawn Lynch - scary thoughts of retirement might scare people off (did it just scare me off?)... I still think he has a good shot at double digit touchdowns like we all know he can.
8. Jamal Charles - lost three O linemen this year, and the passing "attack" did not get any better. JC is still an incredible talent, all 11 defenders are watching him and he still gets it done. I just don't see 19 touchdowns again.
9. Eddie Lacy - the new beast mode? Could be, but Rodgers has the biggest ego in the NFL and he'll want to make some gain with his stats. I don't see Lacy getting any worse from last year, I just see the others getting better.
10. Arian Foster - lots of time off last year due to injuries, so I'm hoping he's coming in healthy this year, and if that's the case, he will be the bell cow one more time, and he's still got it.
11. Chris Johnson - I'm such a big Ivory fan, if he could stay healthy I would think he'd be a top 10 option... alas, he has not proven so, hence the CJK signing... Foot's model of consistency (and a good palm tree climber I'm told)
12. Giovani Bernard - tack on about 50 more carries than last year, IMO. I like Bernard to build on his great rookie season. Gotta love a back with 50+ catch potential.
13. Le'Veon Bell - started off slowly, but fighting through that foot injury shocked and impressed everyone... he finished much stronger than he started as he got heathier. The Blount addition scares me a little though...
15. Alfred Morris - only difference between 2012 and 2013 was touchdowns... still a very good power runner, who is begging for 3rd down action... does he get it? I'm with Treff and say I doubt it... (just not as Helu crazy)
16. Shane Vereen - as we get into preseason, if SVU is running more than I anticipate, he will jump up my board, but for now, I'll slot him here as I see 1200 total yards to be his floor, as he compiles 80-100 catches.
17. Zac Stacy - all this Mason talk is a little uncomfortable...but he was a ground monster last year. This will be a preseason watch, for sure.
18. Trent Richardson - this is probably a hope bid (he's on my suicide team), but he can't be that terrible right? He looked like the real deal in 'Bama, right? T-Rich or T-Poor... we shall see.
19. Joique Bell - goal line status gets him over Reggie for me... they like how JB is growing in Detroit, and I expect them to challenge him even more this season.
20. Ryan Mathews - everyone finally jumps off his band wagon and he finally returns to fantasy relevance! I don't think the Donald Brown signing is anything to shake about. Woodhead still a factor too...
22. Reggie Bush - a very nice one-two punch in Detroit, but Reggie gets faded out a little bit from last year.
23. Frank Gore - poor Frank seems to have a plethora of good RB's behind him, but he's still the lead dog, and should get most TD opportunities.
24. Rashad Jennings - I should have him higher, but the David Wilson factor keeps popping in my head. If you could promise me 16 starts from RJ I would have him top 15. I like the Giants for a big rebound year.
25. Lamar Miller - looks more and more like Moreno will be second fiddle here... I'm not a big Miller fan, but his speed plays a factor.
27. Ben Tate - granted he was playing through bad ribs and whatnot, I still think he should have showed something more last year..now he's in a new system?
28. Khiry Robinson - I just think he leads the Saints in rushing and scores touchdowns... maybe I'm way off here.
29. Darren Sproles - the little engine that could keeps on doing his thing.
30. Stevan Ridley - another one I could be way off on, because he can still be the lead rusher in NE... as we roll into preseason here, I could be changing
31. Pierre Thomas - when all else fails, just start Frenchie, he'll get you points.. 70 catches no problem again?
32. Steven Jackson - the old fella can still get 'er done, can't he?
33. Devonta Freeman - not if he has anything to say about it!
34. Latavius Murray - don't expect much before Halloween, but I think he takes over this year... unknown monster!
35. Terrance West - everyone expecting him to rival Tate... hmmm
36. Stephan Taylor - probably take goal line work from the little Ellington.
37. Jeremy Hill - if he gets BJGE work, he's worth something..
38. Danny Woodhead - still a catch factor, but I don't think he's used as much as he was last year.
39. C.J. Anderson - back up duty in Denver sounds good to me
40. Dexter McCluster - is he officially an RB yet? I think he is used a lot more than people expect.
41. Bishop Sankey - okay, I guess I should get him in here somewhere.
42. Bryce Brown - I think he'll take more of Freddie's role as the season goes on.
44. Deangelo Williams - I almost prefer putting another rookie, or back up here, but maybe the loads of work is still there?
45. Ray Rice - no points for punching girlfriends, so Rice ain't nice this year.
46. Bernard Pierce - if I think Rice is done/suspended, why is Pierce so low? ...not really sure myself, I just didn't like what I saw at all last year.
47. Justin Forsett - maybe he has something to do with it?
48. MJD - watch the little bugger go off...
49. DMC - just because I didn't want to leave him off since he's been in my top 10 forever!
50. Roy Helu - just for you Treff!

I know some of these look crazy, but hey, Andy Dalton was the 3rd QB last year, AP was the 10th RB last year... weird shit happens... and I'm no longer chasing points.

Revisions... C.J. Spiller might have lost LT, Cordy Glenn... which is a huge blow to the Bills' line... and Marshawn Lynch still a no-show... dropping them to 11 and 12 respectively, everyone moving up accordingly... Murray 5th, etc.

David Wilson already a "neck stinger"... maybe I'm not as concerned with my Jennings rank.

Steven Jackson "out indefintely" with a hammy... hammy's linger more than anything (other than Lisfranc)... Freeman definitely moves into my top 24... so I may just swap him with Lamar Miller, who after more careful thought, will be behind a new O line which raises the odds of a slow first half.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisions... C.J. Spiller might have lost LT, Cordy Glenn... which is a huge blow to the Bills' line... and Marshawn Lynch still a no-show... dropping them to 11 and 12 respectively, everyone moving up accordingly... Murray 5th, etc.

David Wilson already a "neck stinger"... maybe I'm not as concerned with my Jennings rank.

Steven Jackson "out indefintely" with a hammy... hammy's linger more than anything (other than Lisfranc)... Freeman definitely moves into my top 24... so I may just swap him with Lamar Miller, who after more careful thought, will be behind a new O line which raises the odds of a slow first half.

but that line was such a mess last year. . It's. gotta be a huge improvement... right?