• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Title IX Coordinator denies Avery Moss

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the University jerked Avery Moss around in 2015. Waiting until the last minute to deny him.

If Pelini would have still been there, Avery Moss would probably be back in school.

Not sure who the Title IX Coordinator is, but must be a new replacement that goes with a coaching regime change. Which sounds a bit weird to me. I would think the University would be more worried about 20 more sports and not just allow a football coach to decide who the Title IX Coordinator is.

Of course, I am in a hurry and I can't research it more.

Good Luck to Avery Moss. It sounds like he learned from his mistake, which is what you are supposed to do when you are young and make mistakes.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he's a deviant and this was a good move. :noidea:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the decision comes from a Title IX position within the University's administration not the Title IX compliance people in the athletic department.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't find an article on the full background of the campus ban. Was it a longer ban like 4 years and Moss had just hoped he could appeal and get it limited to 1 year?

If NU only banned him for 1 year, then it's dumb that he can't come back after serving his time. If he was banned for a longer period of time, he was dumb to stick around and should have just moved on when it happened.

I'm assuming the last year would count as sitting out of the program and he'd be eligible immediately at anywhere he went. or would that be wrong since he didn't transfer to that school then sit out?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Oregon just being sued under the Title IX law because they allowed a basketball player to transfer there after he was accused of sexual assault and suspended from the team at another college for the same, I would guess that Nebraska doesn't want to open themselves up to a lawsuit by allowing a known offender to return.

Where this Title IX rep being hired by Riley comes from is beyond my wildest imaginations. I would like to see something to even suggest that. Otherwise I will assume it is more of the half truths, innuendos and out right fabrications that come from those who got their panties in a wad because we didn't get Tressel.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a one year ban. You need to give a kid a second chance here. Sad deal.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they open themselves to a lawsuit if he fucks up again.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i was just reading about that situation at Oregon, that you mention HuskerinSECland. it kinda made me rethink what i wrote.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think he would be eligible at another school but I don't know.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad for him, hopefully he learns a lesson. I fail to see how this is somehow the universitys fault, he got banned for doing it not once but twice

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't find an article on the full background of the campus ban. Was it a longer ban like 4 years and Moss had just hoped he could appeal and get it limited to 1 year?

If NU only banned him for 1 year, then it's dumb that he can't come back after serving his time. If he was banned for a longer period of time, he was dumb to stick around and should have just moved on when it happened.

I'm assuming the last year would count as sitting out of the program and he'd be eligible immediately at anywhere he went. or would that be wrong since he didn't transfer to that school then sit out?

It was a one year ban. You need to give a kid a second chance here. Sad deal.

Brasky you're incorrect. It was a 4 year ban with the option to appeal after 1 year, as tom pondered

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pondered? Damn Tom I am impressed. Teach me to ponder!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss was going to be really good.

I would probably go a week without fapping if it meant Moss would have never whipped out his weinis.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing Moss got screwed over after doing everything that was asked of him.

Haven't read into any of it yet. Is this true?

Everyone's saying Perlman fucked this up.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the worst person in the world to write a position paper on this one. Contrary to popular opinion, though, girls don't like strange cocks flopping out sans invitation. Even if you're on great terms with everyone else involved. One of those hard lessons, with stiff penalties.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a chance to do research.

The Title IX Coordinator was Linda Crump. She retired in June of 2014. At that time, Nebraska planned to hire a PERMANENT Title IX Investigator.

So, it fell to Arturo Perez. I cannot find who the new Title IX Investigator is. Well hidden I guess. You would think googling University of Nebraska Title IX Investigator would lead you right to it.

There was a r*pe in May 2014, that seemed to be inadequately handled by UNL and UNL was being investigated by federal investigators in October. This is a new case, not the Avery Moss case from 2013.

My guess, UNL is very gun shy since UNL is/was going through a Federal Investigation that could possibly lead to federal dollars being taken away. Because we know that most decisions come down to money at a University and if the University is going to lose free money because of at least one incident why risk bringing in another possible incident in waiting.

I agree with both Moss and the University. Avery Moss got just a short time window before he was told otherwise he could have made plans. the University cannot risk another incident when they are being investigated for one right now.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh,

Football players are exercising their right on this

From Jordan Westerkamp's Twitter Account and Ameer Abdullah's account also has it.

https://twitter.com/JordanWesty1

A Michael Rose Ivey statement, and it sounds like Jordan and Ameer agree with Michael Rose Ivey. Reading Michael Rose Ivey's petition, it sounds like Avery Moss did learn from his mistake.

Looks like a minor shit storm is brewing and it sounds like Arturo Perez is in the eye of the storm. Some new drama for the football team.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whipped dong out twice, got banned from campus for a yr

Broke ban by hangin in a dorm

Banned for 4 yrs

Appealed, lost

Appealed again in December, lost

Dont think this had anything to do with Harv, and while it sucks for the team, i think the same would have happened to any other student

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... If this were any other student, the outcome would have been the same.

People used to bitch about football players getting special treatment.. Now people are bitching because they don't???

I'm confused.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing the university gave him was a chance to appeal, he got it, he lost, end of conspiracy. Welcome to the real adult world Avery, you've got a one year clean slate to start out, also without being a convicted felon and not a registered sex offender, things any other regular adult would have in the same scenario