• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter. It should have been first and goal.
We lost the game b/c of poor play and execution. Refs make bad calls but the Boys beat themselves.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make too many excuses for Dak. That was all on Dak.
I said it was a bad decision by Dak in another post. It was a decision that shouldn’t have counted because Cooper was blatantly held. If Cooper was not held, he could have made a play on the ball. It should have been first and goal.

And considering how retarded this fan base is at evaluating what’s happening in games, somebody has to make excuses for Dak. Based on what I read here, people think we have Peterman behind center.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the game b/c of poor play and execution. Refs make bad calls but the Boys beat themselves.
Refs seem to only make bad calls or not enough calls when it comes to the Cowboys though. Washington game was a flat out embarrassment with officiating. Last nights game was almost as bad. It was like Dallas wasn’t the home team. The hold on Cooper gets called like 95% of the time on the goal line. Idk how you can miss that at the goal line when you don’t have to cover as much field to call penalties when teams are at the goal line. Officiating isn’t an excuse for losing, but there is also no excuse for shit officiating.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was a very ugly loss to a team that is not all that good. The defense got gassed and the early work they did went for naught. This was a disgrace and I see a couple more ugly losses coming real soon

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs seem to only make bad calls or not enough calls when it comes to the Cowboys though. Washington game was a flat out embarrassment with officiating. Last nights game was almost as bad. It was like Dallas wasn’t the home team. The hold on Cooper gets called like 95% of the time on the goal line. Idk how you can miss that at the goal line when you don’t have to cover as much field to call penalties when teams are at the goal line. Officiating isn’t an excuse for losing, but there is also no excuse for shit officiating.
Not sure what can be done about the officiating. The Cowboys have been getting screwed for a long time. Our OL is getting called for holding,bUT not the opponents OL

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing last night. Dak always struck me as one of the smartest QBs around, especially for a young guy. Plus he always seemed poised and aware of what was going on around him. It was such a big part of why he was successful. I don't see that any more. I see a guy that presses, is afraid to pull the trigger and then makes questionable plays after missing some more obvious ones. Maybe Wilson was better than given credit for and maybe Moore is just a horrible disaster of a move and was just not ready to be given the QB coach job.
Or maybe the coaches just don’t know how to make life easier for their QB. Garrett got carried by Romo for years. Now that Garrett has a QB that needs to be coached up, won’t improvise and make something out of nothing like Romo did, him and his outdated offense is getting exposed.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good news is I watched LVE get to the ball carrier a lot so his coaching or instincts are coming around. Bad news I saw him miss a shit ton of tackles as well. He is still a work in progress.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter. It should have been first and goal.
What I mean is it doesn't matter because Dak shouldn't have thrown the ball. Hold or no hold the DBs made an Amari Sandwich. That was a horrible decision to throw the ball and there was such a low % chance of completing it. There is no excuse for plays like that and Dak needs to be smarter there.

On your general comment about refs we don't get any worse calls than anyone else does. There are penalties on every play. The only horrible call last night IMO was the one on Vander Esch.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the coaches just don’t know how to make life easier for their QB. Garrett got carried by Romo for years. Now that Garrett has a QB that needs to be coached up, won’t improvise and make something out of nothing like Romo did, him and his outdated offense is getting exposed.

I agree part ot it could be coaching. However, I dont know if coaching can fix panicking under pressure, holding the ball to long because you cant read a defense, and accuracy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and I say that all the time about Garrett's Offense being a huge part of the problem. But, that has little to do with Dak's poor decisions.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper was held on the interception.
Held or not, he threw off his back foot into double coverage on 2nd down inside the 10. Terrible decision. Good news for you though, Jerry said Dak is getting extended, end of story

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Held or not, he threw off his back foot into double coverage on 2nd down inside the 10. Terrible decision. Good news for you though, Jerry said Dak is getting extended, end of story

This is the part about Jerry...err one of the parts... I can't stand. He had no reason to say that Dak is being extended. Why back yourself into that corner right now? It makes no sense. Jerry just does not know when to shut up, he likes to hear himself talk too much.

Right now with the way Dak is playing, it would be unwise to throw a big money contract at him. Dak has not proven one way or another what kind of QB he is going to be going forward. Let him play out his rookie deal and then see where everything is at. If Dak earns it extend the contract offer, if you need more time to evaluate then franchise tag, and if he bombs you walk away. Now Dallas is seemingly locked into Prescott, because I know Jerry talks a lot of shit, but I don't recall situations like this where he has gone back on his word, with the exception of T.O.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree part ot it could be coaching. However, I dont know if coaching can fix panicking under pressure, holding the ball to long because you cant read a defense, and accuracy.
A dude that just completed 67% of his passes against a top defense can’t read a defense. A dude that is among the tops in depth adjusted accuracy for his career isn’t accurate. A dude is holding the ball too long because he gets sacked against a 4 man rush with six people in protection. A dude who normally doesn’t throw picks is criticized for throwing an interception on a predetermined play call where his receiver got held. It is beyond laughable how this fan base can’t see how poisonous this coaching staff and GM is for this QB.

Dak is 100% part of the problem, but this fan base makes it seem like he’s the biggest problem. It’s the coaches jobs to make things easier for their QB and his offense. This staff does nothing to make everyones job easy. Goff is a robot who has every read predetermined for him by McVay presnap. All the deception the Rams run. That’s what good coaches do. This staff is the complete opposite. The Cowboys coaches refuse to conform to modern times and think 90s football will work in 2018. I spent 10 years defending Romo for the same criticisms. It took Romo retiring for most of the fan base to finally acknowledge how great Romo was. This fan base is pathetic.

Last edited:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think I make excuses for Dak. That’s not true. I’m just woke. After seeing the 90s Cowboys. After seeing Elway not win a ring till he was near 40. After seeing Dan Marino never win. After seeing two of the three best QBs ever, Peyton and Rodgers combine for one ring. After seeing Brady with Belichick destroy the league for nearly two decades. After seeing so many average QBs win SBs. After seeing Romo be the best QB in the division his entire career and it amount to nothing. After seeing Nick Foles, Case Keenum, and Blake Bortles start in the championship games last year. After all that, NFL fans still can’t understand that coaching and supporting cast are more important than the QB.

Great coaches build on their starting QBs strengths and try to hide his weaknesses. Dak Prescott, just like Goff, has limited pocket awareness. Great coaches like McVay predetermine and make quick reads easy for his QB. Bad coaches like Linehan and Garrett ask their QB with limited pocket awareness to sit in the pocket and read the defense.

What are Dak’s strengths? Read option, short passing, deep passing. What is Linehan/Garretts offense? Intermediate passing. Garrett and Linehan ask Dak to run Romos offense instead of changing the offense to fit Dak. A coach is supposed to change the offense to fit the QB. This is why I defend Dak. And keep in mind, before Monday night, Cole Beasley was Dak best receiver. Bad coaching and bad supporting cast.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. Right now Dak is leaning towards one of our bigger problems lately. He isn't the biggest but he has been a big one in a bunch of games over the last seasons worth of games or so.

Again, Cooper being held doesn't matter on that play. Dak cannot throw that ball in that situation. Bringing up Cooper being held (and it wasn't a bad hold) is making an excuse for his poor decision. I don't care if they skull fucked him. You don't throw that ball. If he were to be bailed out by a holding call it doesn't make his decision less dumb.

Sometimes they do, but I don't think the coaches make it hard on Dak all the time. I think the coaches actually make it too easy sometimes for Dak. Let the guy throw the ball down field. Stop running every first down and let the kid try to make some plays. I wonder if they call screens on 3rd and long all the time because they are complete idiots or if it's because don't trust Dak in those situations or if it's a little of both. My guess is maybe it's a little of both.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jason Garrett gave Chaz Green no help and still expected Dak to sit in the pocket and make plays against ATL last year while Dak got killed all game, that was a fireable offense. That game showed you who Garrett is. He expects his offense to be ran by whoever. He doesn’t make anything easy for his offense.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. Right now Dak is leaning towards one of our bigger problems lately. He isn't the biggest but he has been a big one in a bunch of games over the last seasons worth of games or so.

Again, Cooper being held doesn't matter on that play. Dak cannot throw that ball in that situation. Bringing up Cooper being held (and it wasn't a bad hold) is making an excuse for his poor decision. I don't care if they skull fucked him. You don't throw that ball. If he were to be bailed out by a holding call it doesn't make his decision less dumb.

Sometimes they do, but I don't think the coaches make it hard on Dak all the time. I think the coaches actually make it too easy sometimes for Dak. Let the guy throw the ball down field. Stop running every first down and let the kid try to make some plays. I wonder if they call screens on 3rd and long all the time because they are complete idiots or if it's because don't trust Dak in those situations or if it's a little of both. My guess is maybe it's a little of both.
Dak is not one of our biggest problems. The play calling, the Oline, the TE spot are much bigger problems.

Again, nobody is excusing the interception. The hold call was bad. Really bad. That play call was really bad too.

The Cowboys don’t throw it down the field because Garrett’s offense is based on intermediate passing.(Intermediate passing is one of Dak’s weaknesses) The Cowboys offense has not been explosive since 2007 and that was only because of Owens and Romo. The Cowboys been running the same offense for 10 years, but it’s been more run heavy since Linehan and way more predictable. The combination of Garrett and Linehan is poison. Romo was not throwing much either in 14. It’s not just Dak. The fact that the Cowboys don’t draw up more down the field plays is preposterous because one of Dak strengths is his deep ball.

Instead of changing the offense to fit Dak, the Cowboys keep running an offense that is more suited for Romo, who was an exceptional intermediate passer with great pocket awareness. Cowboy fans are criticizing Dak because he isn’t Romo when the criticism should be aimed at the coaches for not realizing that Dak isn’t Romo and change the offense to better suit him.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think I make excuses for Dak. That’s not true. I’m just woke. After seeing the 90s Cowboys. After seeing Elway not win a ring till he was near 40. After seeing Dan Marino never win. After seeing two of the three best QBs ever, Peyton and Rodgers combine for one ring. After seeing Brady with Belichick destroy the league for nearly two decades. After seeing so many average QBs win SBs. After seeing Romo be the best QB in the division his entire career and it amount to nothing. After seeing Nick Foles, Case Keenum, and Blake Bortles start in the championship games last year. After all that, NFL fans still can’t understand that coaching and supporting cast are more important than the QB.

Great coaches build on their starting QBs strengths and try to hide his weaknesses. Dak Prescott, just like Goff, has limited pocket awareness. Great coaches like McVay predetermine and make quick reads easy for his QB. Bad coaches like Linehan and Garrett ask their QB with limited pocket awareness to sit in the pocket and read the defense.

What are Dak’s strengths? Read option, short passing, deep passing. What is Linehan/Garretts offense? Intermediate passing. Garrett and Linehan ask Dak to run Romos offense instead of changing the offense to fit Dak. A coach is supposed to change the offense to fit the QB. This is why I defend Dak. And keep in mind, before Monday night, Cole Beasley was Dak best receiver. Bad coaching and bad supporting cast.

You may be woke, but asleep when watching cowboy games when dak plays. Sayng Dak strengths are short passes and deep passes lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jason Garrett gave Chaz Green no help and still expected Dak to sit in the pocket and make plays against ATL last year while Dak got killed all game, that was a fireable offense. That game showed you who Garrett is. He expects his offense to be ran by whoever. He doesn’t make anything easy for his offense.
That game changed Dak IMO. He presence in the pocket hasn't been the same since. He often bails when he should stay or just step up and he holds the ball when he should just get rid of it. He just doesn't seem like the confident guy that stood there and was calm while things were flying around him. He seems more aware and concerned with the pressure and while perhaps understandable, it's tough to make plays like that.